PDA

View Full Version : Wheel / Suspension Suggestions

Razr98
07-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Alright so im dropped on Tein SS-P currently, and have the stock wheels on, the 15" ones with stock tires aswell. When i got the coilovers installed they are sitting at the highest setting, but it still seems very low. I just got some 17" wheels and was wondering if i will be rubbing alot with these on. As it sits currently with 15" and drag radial tires (not low pros) they fit pretty flush. Also what would be some good camber settings to improve steering and handling? This is a DD, but i want to have some fun with it.

LAZARUS
07-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Alright so im dropped on Tein SS-P currently, and have the stock wheels on, the 15" ones with stock tires aswell. When i got the coilovers installed they are sitting at the highest setting, but it still seems very low. I just got some 17" wheels and was wondering if i will be rubbing alot with these on. As it sits currently with 15" and drag radial tires (not low pros) they fit pretty flush. Also what would be some good camber settings to improve steering and handling? This is a DD, but i want to have some fun with it.

15's,16's and 17's are fine as long a you have the right tires.17's will have huge selection of good tires with all types of sizes. life is a bit harder in terms of tire choices for smaller wheels. and for suspension teins are not a good track choice.id go gc/koni or and other good brands like BuddyClub

NHBP ep3
07-27-2008, 05:30 AM
life is a bit harder in terms of tire choices for smaller wheels. and for suspension teins are not a good track choice.

newb question but what does this mean exactly?

Zeth
07-27-2008, 10:33 AM
he's saying smaller wheels have fewer tire choices and Tein is not a good suspension to use for track use

dont really know what you need clairifaction on....

ep_hatcher_510
07-27-2008, 12:27 PM
what is the offset on your new rims? stock is +45 i believe so if you are close to that you should be fine. also what tire size are you getting.