PDA

View Full Version : Headlight problems...HELP!!!!

Mugensi03
07-27-2008, 02:39 AM
Ok first off if this has been posted before im sorry, i searched and couldn't find anything. Ok so my problem is that my left headlight fuse keeps blowing...after the head light fuse blows the left headlight goes out and so do the fog lights. And if i were to turn off the fog lights and then turn them back on they do work and the left head light will turn on but only half brightness. They r stock headlights, the car has gone through a collision before and the wiring doesn't seem to be done too well but nuthing that should be doing this. Ohh and roughly 50% of the time i go over a pot hole or if i floor my car the fog lights will shut off and so will the left headlight...im honestly the worst person with electrical things and i dont know much about it....but i need help badly. I dont have the money to a proffesional. What do i do?? i need help really badly....if you need any info please tell me what you need.

oneglory
07-27-2008, 06:49 AM
if the wiring has been replaced due to an accident and your having trouble such as this, I'd say it was a shoty wire job. There is most likely cheap wire, incorrect gauge used, bare connection, etc. I suggest that you start at the headlight harness (near the bulb) and trace back all of the wiring you can see for bad connections, bare wire or something like that.