PDA

View Full Version : Looking into coilovers

0h5ive_EP3
07-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Alright I am looking into getting some coilovers for my 05 ep3. this is my DD, so the roads i drive on range from shitty to great and its that variety all day. I want my car to handle better for some spirited driving and probably some autox in the near future. Right now i am debating on the progress coilovers and the buddyclub n+. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Also anything else that i would need or should look into while in the process of getting these?

Zeth
07-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I put the progress on the other day and I love them, the car feels so much better in the turns. Mine is a dd as well and its not too rough for everyday driving.

spydur
07-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Before ordering any lowering springs or coilovers I would suggest that you invest a little time and run a Search for all postings by mustclime and Zzyzx here on EPHatch. You should also go to ClubEP3.net and look at mustclimes postings under performance/suspension (especially the one on coilovers). You will learn alot about the challenge EP3 owners face when lowering their car.

S P Y D U R
SAIL-ON

dichotomous
07-28-2008, 07:27 AM
for what you are stating, I wouldnt buy a coilover package. what you want is RSX-s springs and bilstien shocks. NO drop, GOOD cornering, NO bottoming out on crappy roads plus plenty of good movement for the roads. I went from lowered on nuespeed springs to rsx-s springs and even gr-2 replacement shocks, and it corners so very much better. plus they are oem and will last longer, and bilstien shocks are just extra beefy and awsome damping