PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel rattle?

r3p00c
11-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Does anyone here have one god-damn annoying rattle in their steering wheel yet? I think I remember someone talking about it on the venting thread a week or two ago. I've narrowed it down... I think it may be coming from the cruise control box. I think I'll unscrew it and check it out tomorrow...

Has anyone else gotten this? If so, how did you fix it? It probably sounds dumb that I'm upset about a little rattle, but it gets pretty annoying when you hear it everytime you hit the slightest bump in the road. I didn't expect to get a rattle in my car after only 1600 miles... thats the nice thing about a new car, right? :mad:

IceD out N CALI
11-22-2002, 08:02 PM
no steering wheel rattles here:)

DynaSpeed
11-23-2002, 08:29 AM
I took my car in for an oil-change and asked them to look at some other stuff, and they got back to me and told me that the "signal switch (?)" in the steering column was broken and they installed a new one. Even though all my signals worked and never really heard a rattle or creak, they fixed something. The funny thing is, after they fixed whatever they fixed, the signal stalk was a little stiffer.

Might wanna check on that.

r3p00c
11-26-2002, 04:14 PM
update... had my steering wheel checked out today, and they found that one of the clips holding my airbag in place was loose. Sounds fun, huh? I would have loved to have gotten in an accident and not have my airbag deploy correctly, or even have it deploy accidently during normal driving.

But anyway, I'd reccomend that anyone else who hears a rattle from their steering wheel to take it in to get checked out... better safe than sorry. I know that silver ep had the same issue, so maybe its a common problem...