PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida EPs want to autocross?

David S Wallens
11-22-2002, 08:59 PM
There's an SCCA autocross this Sunday in Palm Bay, Fla., and we'll have our STS '02 Civic Si there. (Can't make the Saturday test day, however.) Anyone else running Sunday? Event details can be found at http://www.eec.com/racing

CleanBlackSi02
11-23-2002, 12:07 AM
Oh man! Such short notice!!

Mechanic
11-23-2002, 06:04 AM
David,

First, thanks for the post. I've been a subscriber to GRM for years, and I was delighted when you decided to mod an Si and take it "on tour." I also greatly appreciate your continuing efforts to introduce EpHatch.com to the sport of autocrossing. After six months of dropping in here from time to time, my impression is that the Kalifornia Kids tend to equate "motorsports" with quarter-mile times, but there are a few of us here with a long history of running over rubber cones.

However, as long as you've dropped by, I'd consider it a personal favor if you'll give us a hand in persuading Tom Elliott to import the Civic Type R. Pull that off and I'll put your photograph on my desk and surround it with lighted candles.

JSIR
11-24-2002, 12:07 AM
Hey David, how about bringing that nice little car to our ClubSi lapping day event in South Haven Michigan, on Monday June 23, 2003. We would love to have ya. I am sure I can get you a complimentary spot as I am the head organizer.

We aren't getting too much of a response from the EP guys, but we always get lots of great Hondas at our event. It would be nice to have another EP besides myself. This will be our third annual event.

Maybe you can bring some free magazines or T-shirts for our members. ;)

David S Wallens
11-25-2002, 09:22 PM
Not sure what our plans hold for June, but you never know. Of course you're half a world away, but lapping days are always fun.

JSIR
11-26-2002, 03:16 PM
okay, I thought you may end up in the midwest some time , if you find yourself anywhere near Michigan let me know. Gingerman Raceway is about 2 hours east of Chicago.

David S Wallens
11-27-2002, 07:55 PM
It's in the north part of the state, but there's another autocross this weekend--Dec. 1 at Whitehouse air field in Jacksonville. Details are here: http://www.buccaneersolo.org/buccaneersolo2/bucc2.htm