PDA

View Full Version : DC5-r lsd

classiccelica
07-28-2008, 04:04 PM
How good are these lsd's and how much power can they take. What would be a better choice for an lsd that wont break my bank?

lldiesel386ll
07-28-2008, 07:23 PM
i know i won't hear the end of this, but i believe the obx lsd is a viable option. i have driven at least 5k miles (in 3 weeks no less :meek:) on it so far. granted i rebuilt the thing before i put it in (there is a thread on clubrsx on how to do that), but with that done it works great--not too shabby a deal for the prices you find it for on ebay :mtongue:

classiccelica
07-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok well I was going to ask about that one as well. I am getting an obx lsd from a crsx member for 390 shipped and all the modding to it is finnished. How much whp do you think it can take?

lldiesel386ll
07-28-2008, 09:41 PM
that one is outside my experience, but from what i have heard, it can withstand more than the 3-350 whp that the dc5-r lsd's are known to have troubles around. hopefully someone with experience with that much power and an obx lsd can chime in...sorry:mfrown:

shivic
08-10-2008, 12:48 PM
i hate the added fees of paying for lsd install.

oem is fantastic. if you sold your trans, and bought a ctr tranny, then you have factory install and it can take your abuse.