PDA

View Full Version : EP Featured in New Modified!

20CiviC02Si
07-28-2008, 05:32 PM
Congrats to Jovito LaVictoria on getting the feature in Modified!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0004.jpghttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0005.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0001.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0002.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0003.jpg

sleepy_ep
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
pics? is this that 1000whp ep?

20CiviC02Si
07-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Taffy White, Gold Volk GTN Wheels, Seibon C/F Mugen Lip/Sideskirts/Wing/Grill, Greddy Turbo Kit, Bride Low Max Carbon Kevlar Reclinables, and a big Nitto Sticker on the windshield.

SilverStar
07-28-2008, 06:06 PM
that's a member from Southern California.
i forgot his username.
he also has a white EK and a white EVO.

Ep_patty86
07-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Pics?

20CiviC02Si
07-28-2008, 06:20 PM
that's a member from Southern California.
i forgot his username.
he also has a white EK and a white EVO.
Yeah that's him.

TheMutt
07-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Got on after I read this mag. Don't want to be an a-hole and say he doesn't make it, but do the greddy kits really put out 275whp?

ep3moschini
07-29-2008, 06:56 PM
:pics:

sleepy_ep
07-29-2008, 07:01 PM

I'm gonna have to agree.

shadowmd
07-29-2008, 07:10 PM
yea, need some pics :mangel:

bigred
07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
yea, need some pics :mangel:

Definitely agreed...no pics=:gheyf::tehehe:

Princess
07-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Modified Magazinbe's Website is two months old and needs updating. They are showing a preview of the April issue.

PAPITUYO326
07-29-2008, 08:26 PM
I bought his EK a few months ago for my brother. The car is beautiful rides very well. Jovito is the man, def knows what he is doing. His cars are all super clean.

Strife
07-29-2008, 08:28 PM

qft

!@#$%
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Got on after I read this mag. Don't want to be an a-hole and say he doesn't make it, but do the greddy kits really put out 275whp?

Someone was asking about you at the last meet and drive. :hay:

.colin
07-29-2008, 08:46 PM
where the fack is this thing

drjd888
07-29-2008, 08:52 PM
This thread blows without any pics... FAIL!

jtyler05si
07-30-2008, 05:04 AM
settled

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d116/Nliiitend1/Focus-NewWheels005.jpg

20CiviC02Si
07-30-2008, 06:20 AM
Damn you all are impatient! LOL! I have been busy working double shifts and haven't really been home. Here are the pics!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0004.jpghttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0005.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0001.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0002.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k136/20Civic02Si/scan0003.jpg

ShadySi
07-30-2008, 06:31 AM
the white/cf gold thing was cool 2 years ago :tehehe:

still nice either way

Rep
07-30-2008, 06:56 AM
It's certainly a uh....busy looking car.

skooba
07-30-2008, 07:39 AM
too many stickers to be clean

02TWSI
07-30-2008, 08:29 AM
They call that clean?

:gheyf:

Hondatuner87
07-30-2008, 09:22 AM
sorry, i think it looks like crap. too much c/f....and too many stickers.

bchaney
07-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Why all the stickers?

Could be justified if he's sponsored... maybe.

edit: holy hell I just noticed the nitto sticker on his windshield. Reminds me of Talledega Nights. Maybe I'll put a Fig Newtons sticker on my windshield.

Yo_KyleEP3
07-30-2008, 10:22 AM
sexy i just dont like the cf lipkit on tw

EP_EJAY
07-30-2008, 11:35 AM

i agree. Love the interior though

Julius
07-30-2008, 11:35 AM

me too

4lugSLUG
07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
pics? is this that 1000whp ep?

pae 78 est. 250 whp

T_Virus
07-30-2008, 12:19 PM
:stophating: atleast he did make it to a mag...

skooba
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
:stophating: atleast he did make it to a mag...

Paris Hilton makes it into lots of mags, that doesn't mean she deserves praise.

EP3Casas
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
^^troof!

T_Virus
07-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Paris Hilton makes it into lots of mags, that doesn't mean she deserves praise.

you got it all wrong...she deserves praises for being a _ _ _ _ _ (fill in the words). :mbiggrin:

civicswapper
07-30-2008, 12:46 PM
i personally dont like how the car looks, but i do like the interior

powdbyrice
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
dude has been around for a long time!

always thought his ep was nice.

Endever
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
not bad. interior is good.

there are so many definitions of clean. imo this is not.

mrpotatohead
07-30-2008, 02:38 PM
i remember this car. don't remember the stickers though. i like some carbon fiber, but its a bit much for me. it is nice though, especially the wheels and interior. props to this cat for makin it in the magazine.

Princess
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Eh, everyone has their own style. I am just glad to see a ep3 in a magazine.

20CiviC02Si
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM
When the hell did i sign into Honda-Tech? Honestly i haven't seen such bitterness towards an EP in a magazine in my life! You all rip on his car for having C/F lip kit yet you all praise Moon's for being clean with bolt on fender flares that aren't even molded.

Like Princess here said, everyone has their own style. So why you gotta knock it, because in my opinion Moon's car isn't clean. Don't get me wrong it's got a ton of quality work and he has spent his money well. But it's just too over done for my taste, and not what my definition of clean is.

So why you gotta knock on his car?

Also the stickers probably are for a sponsorship deal. They probably gave him some free schwag for representing them in the magazine.

TheMutt
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I kinda would like to call the guy out on the 275whp estimate. Style is one thing, but if you don't know how much hp your car has dont start adding up the figures from the boxes. But the article just says greddy turbo and exhaust so maybe there's something we're missing. Still, the car was put together with great care obviously and a lot of money. Props to all the ep lovers, but making up hp figures just bugs me regardless of who it comes from.

krazichinaman
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
When the hell did i sign into Honda-Tech?

+1 Ephatch has changed from how it use to be....sad if you ask me. I think his car looks great. I think many people are just jealous that they can't get their car to look like that or get it into a mag. :doh::stooges: Either way, to each their own but at least give this guy some props.

sleepy_ep
07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
-1 for the haters
+1 for feature

I love those wheels, car looks sick.

cruzty
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Anybody notice the shaved front bumper ligths in the first and 2nd pic? it look a lot nicer like that....... to bad it's just an illusion...... nice ep anyway!!!

PAPITUYO326
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure he is sponsored. I bought his EK, and it had the same decal theme going on. His EVO does as well.

Congrats Jovi. The EK is doing well here in Sunny So Fla!

TheMutt
07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Anybody notice the shaved front bumper ligths in the first and 2nd pic? it look a lot nicer like that....... to bad it's just an illusion...... nice ep anyway!!!

noticed that pretty quick. Thought it might have been an earlier pic or something?

Hondatuner87
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
When the hell did i sign into Honda-Tech? Honestly i haven't seen such bitterness towards an EP in a magazine in my life! You all rip on his car for having C/F lip kit yet you all praise Moon's for being clean with bolt on fender flares that aren't even molded.

Like Princess here said, everyone has their own style. So why you gotta knock it, because in my opinion Moon's car isn't clean. Don't get me wrong it's got a ton of quality work and he has spent his money well. But it's just too over done for my taste, and not what my definition of clean is.

Also the stickers probably are for a sponsorship deal. They probably gave him some free schwag for representing them in the magazine.

Its funny that you get so aggravated over peoples opinions. You post a thread about someones car that made it into a magazine, people on this board have the right to state their opinion. As you can see, a lot of people on here don't think its really clean. Personally i think the whole full carbon fiber lip kit was definitely cool a couple years ago, along with the 50,000 stickers on his car. Whether your car is sponsored or not you can put the stickers in different places other then streaming them down the side of your car, and putting a huge ass one of your front windshield. Personally if i were him i would have put all those stickers under my hood or something, but again...that's just me...that's my opinion.

As for moonsi's car. He was definitely my favorite on the site for a very long long time, up until he did the whole bolt-on fender flares and pikachu paint. I told him this right after it was done. So dont go around saying that people praise his car and everyone in this thread hates this guys car.

People have opinions, if you don't like em...then just shrug em off. Its really no big deal.

Endever
07-30-2008, 05:52 PM

I hope this is the first and last time ephatch is compared to honda-tech. I still think this is one of the best forums - very friendly people, knowledgeable guys (and girls), and everyones lends a hand to help. People sell there eps and still post here.

As for what you're getting upset about, i think the comments are more directed towards the magazine itself. i'm sure everyone will agree that this is one bad ass civic. but the way the writer said it was "super-clean" is what is being debated. Appreciated - the Si is. Clean? - not so super

pikachu paint
lol nice

20CiviC02Si
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
All i am saying is that people could be a little more accepting of other people's rides here. Back about 2 years ago when i first signed up here on the site, everyone was supportive whether they liked the car or not. Now they don't just say, "Nah, it's not my taste.". No they say, "Dude that car is f*cking hideous, OMG rawlf." It's unneccesary to put someone down for having liked what he did to his car.

I'm not ripping on moon's car. Moon knows my opinion on the car ever since he made the drastic change to it's exterior. When it was red and green i absolutely loved it, now not so much.

It's just occurring way to much lately. I am an avid EP enthusiast, i am out there trying to show that the EP3 although underpowered can still be competitive in racing. I just wish others could be a little more supportive.

blksi02
07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
That Mag makes the EP look good. I have seen WAY to many magizines make the EP look so nasty!! About time.

moonsi
07-30-2008, 08:26 PM
indeed EPhatch has no haters around

however we still get judged by others

I remember my old member`s profile thread

it was full of "why this?" "why that?" "I like this better" "I like that better"

I really appreciate all the compliments I get from fellow ephatch members

but sometimes, some cruel comments really hurt me

Im pretty sure Jovi agrees on this with me

I think that is why hes not really around on the forum

Hondatuner87
07-30-2008, 09:16 PM

it was full of "why this?" "why that?" "I like this better" "I like that better"

my pikachu comment was a joke lol and you know it haha. only said that because when you first got it painted that color thats what you called it "pikachu yellow" haha

nobody is hating on the mans car ither. its just our opinion. i think the full c/f lip kit looks very "tacky" thats just my opinion.

im sure there are a handful of people on this site that would say my car is ugly and that its in need of a front lip and some side skirts and a spoiler...but personally i like it and i dont care what other people think. you can't live your life and have it revolve around what other people think about you or your car.

dashehonda
07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
You guys saying you dont like it, have to remember in our world, our Idea of CLEAN is much different than a magazine like Modified. We Eat and sleep EP's all day long, right? Maybe Honda Tuning might be alittle more in Tune with us, but definetely not Modified. Besides Honda Tuning, Hondas just arent in the light as much as before to magazines. They see a Mini-van looking car that "should've been faster", We see a good car with potential.

Plus, Mags like Modified and DSport are more on the whole Drifting and EVO/STI band right now. In order to stay Fresh, they have to get what's Hot at the moment. So just be happy that a EP is actually still making it in mags.

I think that EP's are Cooler now than when they first came out, thanks mostly to this Site:mwink:

P.S. i still think the CF on TW is good, who wants to like what everyone else likes anyways. Thats why Hondas are kinda "Cult" cool again, because everyone stopped caring about them.

dashehonda
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
along with the 50,000 stickers on his car. Whether your car is sponsored or not you can put the stickers in different places other then streaming them down the side of your car, and putting a huge ass one of your front windshield. Personally if i were him i would have put all those stickers under my hood or something, but again...that's just me...that's my opinion.

Youd be saying otherwise if those sponsors were telling you to put the stickers on your ride if it meant free tires or Dyno pulls or whatever. Besides most of the time its just for the shoot, and you can take them off after.

Remember that this car probably isnt driven on the street as much as you would drive your EP, so its not like you would have to be seen going to work with a bunch of stickers on your car and have all the haters giving you the stink eye.

drjd888
07-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Looks good, I like how the gold wheels contrast with the rest of the car. Never liked the stickers, but if you're in a magazine the ride is gonna have stickers... Not my version of "clean" but nice nonetheless.

Hondatuner87
07-31-2008, 04:46 AM
Youd be saying otherwise if those sponsors were telling you to put the stickers on your ride if it meant free tires or Dyno pulls or whatever. Besides most of the time its just for the shoot, and you can take them off after.

Remember that this car probably isnt driven on the street as much as you would drive your EP, so its not like you would have to be seen going to work with a bunch of stickers on your car and have all the haters giving you the stink eye.

Like i said if it was me, i would have put everyone last one of those stickers under my hood, propped open my hood and then done the shoot. But then again, im not going to go back and forth and argue with someone over something stupid like this haha.

20CiviC02Si
07-31-2008, 04:53 AM
Like i said if it was me, i would have put everyone last one of those stickers under my hood, propped open my hood and then done the shoot. But then again, im not going to go back and forth and argue with someone over something stupid like this haha.It's just plain and simple. If a someone tells you where they would like their sticker placed on your car in order to get free parts or services. You either are going to do it, or your not going to get the free goods.

Not trying to provoke the argument further, but it's just business.

If I gain anymore sponsors for my car, i'll definitely be placing their logo on it. Right now i currently only have one sponsor, datatoys.com. However next year i am focusing on competing in all the Redline Time Attacks in the Midwest. So i'm sure i'll gain more! At least i am hoping, otherwise it's going to be another big spending year for the EP! LOL!

20CiviC02Si
07-31-2008, 04:55 AM

I think that is why hes not really around on the forumAll-in-all everyone should modify to their liking. I'm sure plenty of people here will dislike what i have planned for my EP's exterior this coming spring! :mwink:

Also Moon no disrespect here, just trying to tell it like it is.

Endever
07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Dude, this is why I love this site. We've all acted like mature adults and didn't let this situation get out of hand. Its great to see ppl hearing each other out and getting along over our differences.

LI EP3
07-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Just got back from the book store... Modified is featuring Jovito La Victorias clean white 03 ep3 and Super Street's letter of the month was someone asking a question about Eric Moons ep3. Just thought i would share that for some good reading, and also because you dont see the ep3 being brought up in magazines to often.:ephatch:

Endever
07-31-2008, 03:55 PM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50696

LI EP3
07-31-2008, 04:49 PM
...damn didnt see that

Tnhatch03
07-31-2008, 05:05 PM
Merging Thread.

Ep3 No.2
07-31-2008, 05:31 PM
i personally think his evo is 10x nicer...

but jovi, i was the guy trying to sort out the whole situation for you at the jdmtheory socal

iLLoGiCaL
07-31-2008, 05:48 PM
wait can I join??? I hate this guy! he's in a mgazine and I'm not!! wahhha cry wahhh cry wahhh... stickers/false whp wahhhhhhhhh :mrolleyes::mmad:

jeez, ppl grow up this thread sucks, congrats to jo for geting into a mag

JOPINOYZ
07-31-2008, 06:51 PM
:thumbu:first of all i would like to thank 20CiviC02Si and i really appreciate for the first post!

also, i really appreciate and thankfull for all the support good or bad!

moon i know i agree with you!
me , moonsi and etc.. are represent our car (EP) thats what we get!
come on guys do you have something else to do?
your opinion! just keep it!!!!!! where trying to represent that we existed! lol

just letting you know, its hard to be in the magazine. period!
no matter how clean is you car is and no matter how much you put money on it, still is not enough....

just to let you know, reason why was the car in magazine because, of my sponsors especially NITTO and SHOWSTOPPERSUSA.COM! MIKE MAEZ, photographer
THEY MAKE IT HAPPEN! BIG THANKS TO THEM!

regarding on the sticker, whats the big deal on it?
i know it say clean on the mag, define clean to you? and your answer is yours
i know it was a big sticker on my windsheild but, in return a FREE TIRES! picture it guys ITS FREE, FREE AND FREE, dont like sticker.... I guess you have alot of money to spend on tires and etc. parts on your car!

some people dont really understand why we have or put sticker....
beside it a ricer, i know its not clean and etc... but picture it guys
""""""STICKER SPONSOR AND FREE TIRES""""" goes together sometimes
dont put sticker on your car if you pay for it !!!!

anyway, thanks to all!!!!!!
i love HATER! personally! coz, they dont have nothing else to do! :hay: is just HATE and HATE peace out!

IF YOUR CAR IS CLEAN AND NO STICKER TRY TO BE IN MAGAZINE,, lol

JOPINOYZ
07-31-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty sure he is sponsored. I bought his EK, and it had the same decal theme going on. His EVO does as well.

Congrats Jovi. The EK is doing well here in Sunny So Fla!

good to hear you again bro! i missed my EK! :mcry:

thanks for the heads up!

BigLon30
07-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Nice ride man congrats on the feature. :thumbu:

JOPINOYZ
07-31-2008, 07:27 PM

i agree with you eric!

can you sponsor me now! :hay:

JOPINOYZ
08-01-2008, 12:28 AM
i personally think his evo is 10x nicer...

but jovi, i was the guy trying to sort out the whole situation for you at the jdmtheory socal

hey, whats up guy!
how you been?

i just apologiest for drama, its just my temper was just out of control!
thanks again for the help! until next show! where planing to go Norcal to represent again! hope to see you!

ShowstoppersUSA
08-01-2008, 11:06 AM
EPhatch had 20,000 plus members and a select few have graced the magazines, one being Jovie. I understand all 20,000 members can not possibly have the same taste or style.

Now IMO, I love the car. Ive seen it in person many times. This is not something put together in a week. Like it or hate it show Jovi some love cause there is a lot of hard work put into that car. Support your ephatch members! Your opinions are welcome but just understand the time and effort he spent to put that car together to make it HIS own original EP3...

civictype_r04
08-01-2008, 01:39 PM

I was gonna say the samething.