PDA

View Full Version : a challenge for the greats

Abethedrifter
07-28-2008, 10:15 PM
ok so I was putting in my new deck ad managed to blow a fuse. So then abviosely I replced it. Then noticed my blinkers werent working so i replaced the option fuse under the hood and fixed that. Then I noticed the dash was half lighting up and my front right night time lights wasnt working. And know I'm stumped I hav no clue please help guys an thanks for looking and any Ideas thanks. (checked all fuses under hood, and under steering wheel).
THANKS Again
Abe:mbiggrin:

cow
07-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Did you remove the dash & unplug the hazards? If yes, make sure the wire is fully replugged into the back.

Abethedrifter
07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
thanks fo the idea just chexked it and it wasnt it.
Thanks
Abe

Chad
07-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Moved to electronics and security for more relavent views.....

Have you double checked that you have attached the illumination wire to the unit correctly? Does the headunit lighting do anything when your lights are switched on?

underOATH
07-29-2008, 06:38 PM
check to make sure each wire behind the deck is secured, and that they have either a crimp, heatshrink, or tape around the exposed wire. Sounds like youre shorting out somewhere behind there :/

Also, make sure you have the ILL cable connected to the right cable behind there, and the the GND and 12V are both SECURELY connected...

Abethedrifter
07-30-2008, 02:16 PM
so I checked both the illumination wire and all the connections, then I took what you guys said a step further. I disconnected the deck haRness and put everything back and still the lights still only illuminated half the dash. So then I checked the sockets for the lights in the back of the speedometer and I got 0 voltage when I turned on the lights. I checked that the light bulbs worked perfect. Thanks a lot guys for the help and the ideas keep them coming.
Thanks again
Abe

Chad
07-31-2008, 07:03 AM
What does the new deck's illumination do when you turn the lights on? Anything? Dim? Do what they are supposed to?

BobSassafrass
07-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Sometimes only half my dash lights come on, I have to smack the top then they work fine.

lordofthesiths
08-01-2008, 12:58 AM
if you have to smack them to turn them on then you have a loose connection back there. start wiggling the wires omn the back of the dash to figure out which one is loose.

BobSassafrass
08-01-2008, 01:25 AM
I have checked and everything is good as far as the connection. I have a warranty I really need to let honda fix it but I'm trying to wait till i have time to be ithout the car for a few hours.

VegaS10
08-01-2008, 04:44 AM
Sometimes only half my dash lights come on, I have to smack the top then they work fine.

It's a cluster issue.

If it was related to the wiring of the radio, they would either all work, or all NOT work. It's not a 50/50 thing.

Put the stock radio back in, clean up any mess, go to the dealership and tell them the cluster lights cut in and out.

RON
08-01-2008, 05:46 AM
It's a cluster issue.

If it was related to the wiring of the radio, they would either all work, or all NOT work. It's not a 50/50 thing.

Put the stock radio back in, clean up any mess, go to the dealership and tell them the cluster lights cut in and out.

For sure put the stock one back in!