PDA

View Full Version : Tien s tech replacement springs

spydur
07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I AM CONTEMPLATING REPLACING MY STOCK SPRINGS AND STRUTS WITH TIEN S TECH SPRINGS (FRONT 280 LBS. - DOWN 1.38" & REAR 510 LBS. - DOWN 1.26") AND A SET OF TOKICO D-SPECS.

HAS ANYONE INSTALLED TIEN S TECHS? IF SO, WOULD YOU MIND SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THEM. ALSO, PLEASE LIST THE STRUTS YOU HAD MOUNTED WITH THE SPRINGS.

I WAS ORIGINALLY PLANNING TO INSTALL PROGRESS SPORT SPRINGS, BUT AFTER READING ABOUT THE PROBLEMS ONE CAN ENCOUNTER WITH THE EP3'S McPHERSON STRUT FRONT SUSPENSION (IF IT IS LOWERED TOO MUCH, i.e. IN EXCESS OF 1.0" TO 1.5"), I BECAME CONCERNED OF THE 1.8" FRONT AND 1.5" REAR DROPS ACHIEVED WITH THE INSTALLATION OF THE PROGRESS SPRING SET (280 LBS. FRONT/500 LBS. REAR).

THANKS,
S P Y D U R
SAIL-ON!

ep_hatcher_510
07-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Honestly if you are concerned about you roll center messing up you should just get the prokit or Htechs which lowers about an inch, or not lower at all and get some better struts.

EPSU3
07-29-2008, 04:10 PM
i don't know much about the science of suspension tuning, however I do know that your caps lock is on. sorry, had to be an ass.

ProfessorM
07-29-2008, 05:20 PM
ive got the s-tech springs and i like them alot. perfect drop for a daily drivin car in Pennsylvania. ride seem close to stock and not too harsh. handling is just a bit better than stock but ive still got the stock dampers for now. looking in to the new tokico STrT's. or blues.

STP03BlueSI
07-29-2008, 06:21 PM
i don't know much about the science of suspension tuning, however I do know that your caps lock is on. sorry, had to be an ass.

well said

I HAVE HAD S-TECH FOR OVER 4 YEARS ON MY HATCH.:hay::tehehyper:

k20si02
07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
i have the s-tech with the tokico hp (blues) shocks. never had a problem. love the ride not to bad for me. i kinda wish i got the d-specs but what can you do....

i have only scraped my stock mid-pipe on rare occasion (like when the speed bump is a mountain)