PDA

View Full Version : D3 V brace post your opinion

player757
07-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Just finished installing my D3 vb, didn't take to long kinda a pain in the ass getting the rear control arm bolts to go back in. but id have to say it makes the car handle not to much different to way different real quick.

I took the car out for a test drive after i installed the bar, took the first corner fine didnt notice a difference. the road cut back for the second turn felt like the cars rear followed really good. the road once again cuts in other direction for turn 3 and let me tell you i can now drift fwd. i was so not ready for that.

the v-brace is definitely a tough chassis brace.

the rear suspension really gets a firm grip on the car. i noticed a difference backing out of the garage.

can't believe i sold mine :mfrown:

player757
07-29-2008, 08:08 PM
any one have any experience with the car coming lose on a hi speed sweeping turn, im really concerned that the cars gonna spin out if i push it to hard on a long turn

player757
07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
no one else has this part?

gospeedgo1
07-31-2008, 09:45 PM
player757, are you riding on stock suspension? was that lift throttle oversteer you were experiencing?

BobSassafrass
07-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I had that happen alot with the progress 22mm sway and tie bar. Spun out 4 times within a week of the install and came within inches of a mailbox. It's really touchy when the backend is that stiff. This was with stock suspension btw.

gospeedgo1
08-06-2008, 10:14 PM
so any other experiences?

mustclime
08-07-2008, 06:54 AM
LOL at putting braces on a car with stock jello suspension bushings.....Just more bling with out doing the bushings imo....:mwink:

player757
08-08-2008, 01:33 PM
i have tokico D specs on with H&R limited springs dropped about 2 in. im thinking about doing the bushing kit in the future

27rocks
08-08-2008, 04:58 PM
LOL.... having the back come out is fun.. I have megan coils with Tanabe sways and the back end comes out pretty easy but im used to it. I actually like it that way and wish it was a bit stiffer. I would rather have my ass come out then understeer. You can controll the car better that way imo.

player757
08-08-2008, 05:10 PM
i completely agree i was doing some back road driving after my Dspecs went on and i under steered almost right into a pole at the last second i gained traction. its the scariest feeling turning and going straight

ep3_civic_si
08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
i have it with with the mugen rear sway, i have only had that problem if my tires hasn't fully heated up, and with a 30psi setting. after my tires heat up i can def. tell that the bar is helping out.

Rasy
08-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I have the same suspension setup like you player757, but my car is too low when I had the V-Brace on so I took it off since I was scraping everytime I entered the new apartment. It's off for the school year, but I do notice a difference.

civictype_r04
08-09-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey player757 can I get a ride in your car? I am thinking of losing my buddyclub N+ and getting the D-specs and H&R springs. How do you like the setup?

Dr. Design
08-28-2008, 10:02 AM
BUMP!
Summer is just about over and we still have these in stock. Unmatched performance!!

Dr. Design
D3

Mighty_Mouse
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Basically a waste of money unless you've done everything else first. More rice/bling than anything else because the rear chassis is already pretty stiff to begin with. If you've already done your shocks, springs, bushings, camber arms and sway and still have money to burn, get the D3.

Dr. Design
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Sorry, but I am afraid you are wrong. This brace will make a noticeable difference even on a stock suspension vehicle. You must have our brace mixed up with the "rice/bling" that is currently on the market from other companies. Furthermore that term is really getting quite old. I am sure everyone that owns an import is tired of hearing that. Remarks like that are not helping the fragile market get over the negative connotations that are usually linked with the market. We certainly don’t need this coming from within the market. Enough about my rant about the derogatory remarks towards the sport compact market...

Will it further highlight a modified suspension? Yes. Is it to be considered a last resort when increasing the performance of your suspension? No. I have already mentioned before. If the chassis is allowed to flex, it is IMPOSSIBLE TO PROPERLY TUNE THE SUSPENSION. These are basic fundamentals, not some marketing BS. You can have the stiffest corners, but if everything in between is still noodle loose, what good does all that do for you other than amplify your problem?

I think if you were to ask ANY person that actually owns a D3 brace they would tell you that it is NOT a waste of money....But that would be for them to decide. This is a great modification for someone that is looking to extract better control of their vehicle while increasing the handling abilities.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3

Basically a waste of money unless you've done everything else first. More rice/bling than anything else because the rear chassis is already pretty stiff to begin with. If you've already done your shocks, springs, bushings, camber arms and sway and still have money to burn, get the D3.

Mighty_Mouse
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
Um, no. I had your brace and sold it. Running Mugen suspension already and the rear brace was a waste. The front brace worked better but wasn't worth the fitment issues and loss of ground clearance.

Wastes of money given how much they cost and how little they do compared to other mods.

talonXracer
09-03-2008, 07:57 PM
The D3 XX brace was the single best mod that I had done to the suspension, both with stock and the MugenSS. I have tried the ride recently both with and without the XX and V brace. There is a huge noticeable difference my friend.

Siborg
09-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I have both and love them. ground clearance is reduced in front a bit but the thing is tough as hell and can handle the scrapes.

both D3 braces together cost around $500-$600.

in terms of chassis bracing, there isn't much available (if at all) that cost less and would provide a similar (if not better) effect.

the other 4 rear chassis braces put together (rear lower tie-bar, rear strut bar, rear H-bar, c-pillar bar) are crap, and would cost almost as much as the v-brace. the only one i never had was the c-pillar bar.

but everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

FCobra94
09-04-2008, 07:07 AM
The D3 XX brace was the single best mod that I had done to the suspension, both with stock and the MugenSS. I have tried the ride recently both with and without the XX and V brace. There is a huge noticeable difference my friend.
Agreed. The XX Brace rocks! Loss of ground clearance shouldn't be a huge issue unless you're lowered quite a bit. Besides, I'd rather scrape the chasis brace as opposed to busting an oil pan any day :mconfused:

DJMOORE
09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
I am really interested in the v-brace but I am putting progress springs on soon and I see a few people say ground clearance can become a problem. We have decent road where I live, I want to know how low you have to be before it is an issue of claerance.

Nitrofaint
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
progress springs are about a 1.75 inch drop and the brace is at least another inch of clearance. So you guestimate on that one.

It would also depend on what kind of wheels and tires you are running.

Obviously smaller diameter wheels and/or thinner profile tires will set you much lower to the ground.

talonXracer
09-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I live up in the mtns and the roads are not the best(if there are roads) and yes there can be a clearance consideration, but no less clearance than most aftermarket midpipe's.

The Vbrace also has one issue with clearance and that is with large dia resonators where the Vbrace crosses forwards under the exhaust.
I noticed a large decrease in chassis squeeks coming from the rear seat area after adding the Vbrace. I dont have any rear seats installed so the noises were more noticible to begin with.

DJMOORE
09-05-2008, 09:06 AM
I am on stockies and will be for a while; my tires are 205/55/16. I have the Greddy Evo 2 exhaust... can remember how big the resonator is. I have a lot of clearance now hell I can drive up curbs around here. I will have to do some measuring and see what I'm working with.

Thanks guys