PDA

View Full Version : Tools for DCRH install

epblue05
07-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I remember before the site got cleaned up or what ever there was tons of these. I cant find one useful DIY thread on it. All i need to know is the tools needed to preform the install. everyone plus sizes. thanks

BobSassafrass
07-30-2008, 02:05 AM
This should help http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43626

Since you'll be removing the cat too you'll need an O2 sensor socket to amke it easier on yourself. Plus you'll need an O2 sim or defouler to keep from throwing a CEL. And if your cat is anything like the rest of ours it is prolly rusted to the mid pipe. You'll either need a ton of pb blaster and a torch or just cut the bolts off and drill them out. And a donut gasket from the cat to the mid pipe.

!@#$%
07-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Make sure you have the right size allen head wrench for removing the front swaybar.

AUTiger
07-30-2008, 10:44 AM
This should help http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43626

Since you'll be removing the cat too you'll need an O2 sensor socket to amke it easier on yourself. Plus you'll need an O2 sim or defouler to keep from throwing a CEL. And if your cat is anything like the rest of ours it is prolly rusted to the mid pipe. You'll either need a ton of pb blaster and a torch or just cut the bolts off and drill them out. And a donut gasket from the cat to the mid pipe.

Everything is correct, except that there is no donut gasket between the cat and midpipe, but with the DCRH of course there is no longer a cat. There is a gasket, but a thin one with the three holes for the bolts to go through. I can't think of the correct name, most exhausts come with them or you can go to a place like advanced auto's and buy one, they usually come in packs of two. Either way it's an exhaust pipe/flange gasket.

BobSassafrass
07-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah your right its like this but looks a little different, you can reuse the one that you take out from the cat to the mid pipe.

Oh and I think I read somewhere that most people switch to the EM2 front sway to avoid issues of it hitting the DCRH.
http://www.elise-shop.com/images/ExhaustGasket300.jpg

epblue05
07-30-2008, 03:54 PM
what are the tool needed, wrenches, sockets???? i know the process but not the tool necessary to due it.

ToingToing
07-30-2008, 05:11 PM
what are the tool needed, wrenches, sockets???? i know the process but not the tool necessary to due it.

Just the basic tools... sockets, wrenches, rachet etc... I just forgot the sizes.

and jack/jackstands...

epblue05
07-30-2008, 06:58 PM
the sizes is what i really need to know tho

ToingToing
07-30-2008, 08:01 PM
you don't have a complete socket set?

civsirmt
07-30-2008, 08:04 PM
14mm, short extesion, long extension(for top bolt on collector)and o2 socket.
go buy a set of allen wrenches i cant remember what size to put in the end of the endlink, and i think the bolt for the endlink is 14mm aswell has to be a wrench tho.

epblue05
07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
14mm, short extesion, long extension(for top bolt on collector)and o2 socket.
go buy a set of allen wrenches i cant remember what size to put in the end of the endlink, and i think the bolt for the endlink is 14mm aswell has to be a wrench tho.

Alright, thanks a lot

jh604
07-31-2008, 11:16 AM
i dont think you need a new front sway. my jdm spoon raceheader cleared the oem usdm front sway no problem.

epblue05
07-31-2008, 01:09 PM
i dont think you need a new front sway. my jdm spoon raceheader cleared the oem usdm front sway no problem.

i actually have the RH on now and it rattles sometimes. especially when the a/c is on. but nothing bad yano.

civsirmt
07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
i actually have the RH on now and it rattles sometimes. especially when the a/c is on. but nothing bad yano.

get the em2 front sway it clears the header easy, its only about 60 bucks at the dealer.

epblue05
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
hows it handle tho, is it a downgrade from the stock ep front sway?

civsirmt
08-01-2008, 08:27 PM
hows it handle tho, is it a downgrade from the stock ep front sway?

it takes away the understeer quite a bit, trust me the em2 front sway with a ctr or progress rear sway.
i really liked mine, i actually liked it so much i wanted to see how it did w/o the front sway entirely and i havent put it back on yet.

epblue05
08-01-2008, 09:33 PM
yea i have a progress rear sway bar and i love it. so ur running wit no front sway now?? hows that handle

civsirmt
08-02-2008, 05:38 AM
yea i have a progress rear sway bar and i love it. so ur running wit no front sway now?? hows that handle

it oversteers now but not bad i have gotten use to it. i like it b/c it takes less effort at low speed and really less effort period. try it u might like it.

epblue05
08-02-2008, 09:36 AM
it oversteers now but not bad i have gotten use to it. i like it b/c it takes less effort at low speed and really less effort period. try it u might like it.

alright thanks dude.. hey you know any one looking for a dc RH?? about 9k miles on it. after the web site got re done it deleted all my posts and i dont have enough to put it on the FS threads.