PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light Question

SiiK20
07-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Ok so my Driver's side fog busted the other day from a rock on the freeway. Now I hear that this is kinda typical. I've been pricing around a lil, but I'm a poor college student. I was wondering if anyone knew or had an opinion on...Buying some fogs from Ebay and using the pre-existing harness and fog switch, Basically just using the fog housing. Worth the typical $60-70 bucks for an Ebay set (with shipping included)???

SiiK20
07-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Oh yeah forgot to mention, Currently running H11's. Dont know if that matters...

3dkahuna
07-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Ok so my Driver's side fog busted the other day from a rock on the freeway. Now I hear that this is kinda typical. I've been pricing around a lil, but I'm a poor college student. I was wondering if anyone knew or had an opinion on...Buying some fogs from Ebay and using the pre-existing harness and fog switch, Basically just using the fog housing. Worth the typical $60-70 bucks for an Ebay set (with shipping included)???

Well it only costs ~$94 plus shipping at HandA-accessories (http://www.handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html) plus the full kit is on sale right now at ~$176

Just buy some replacement housings from them or buy a whole other set, and sell off what you don't need.

SiiK20
07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks alot bro. Im probably gonna go this route

usedep3
07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
nah buy the ebay ones. all you need is the actual lens right?

the ebay ones and the oem ones are practically the same. just buy the ebay ones and sell the harness/switch. this way at least you have another lens and some money back if u sell what you don't use.

usedep3
07-30-2008, 09:36 PM
yo. this might help as well.

hey, they work. i own/owned all 3

my car came with the factory fogs. one cracked after a few days due to road debris.

so i bought the ebay ones. they're replicas of the oem ones. so they fit just fine. u can even use all your oem screws and rubber grommets. all the threads and sizes are the same.

i originally bought the clear ebay ones. they're made of glass just like the oem ones. three main differences from the oem ones though.

1. the ebay ones say 'esuse' on them instead of 'stanley'
2. there is no glare shield inside the ebay ones
3. the air vent on the back is different from the oem ones

i then bought a pair of the ebay ion ones. i think civic coupe version. they are oem replicas as well. they fit just fine into the oem brackets and housings. these have 4 main differences from oem.

1. the oem ones say 'stanley'. the ebay ones says nothing at all.
2. there is no glare shield inside the ebay ones
3. the air vent on the back is different from the oem ones
4. the lens is plastic. not glass like the oem ones.

i don't know if this is the case for all ebay ion fogs. but might are slightly different shades of yellow. not really noticeable to anyone else.

my brother is rocking the ebay ions on his ep. i have the clear ebay ones with 2 layers of yellow lamin-x film. this is my fave combo.

hope this helps.

PaTTi2103a
07-30-2008, 10:37 PM
just buy some bmw e46 fog projectors on ebay and retrofit them in the oem fog housing. thats what i did and turned out a lot better and brighter.

just follow moogens diy
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48324

SiiK20
07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I'm pretty sure im gonna go with the Ebay fog route as originally intended and sell off the parts I dont need

Chad
07-31-2008, 07:07 AM
yo. this might help as well.

Well done :mwink:

just buy some bmw e46 fog projectors on ebay and retrofit them in the oem fog housing. thats what i did and turned out a lot better and brighter.

just follow moogens diy
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48324

That's what I plan to do, I DESTROYED one out of my first set, now one has a crack, unfortunately it's the same side :mfrown: I plan to get the projectors and do the retrofit into the housings I took out (saved them woot!) and buy some time with the cracked one till I get them done :D

n0stra
08-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know if theres any difference between the OEM civic Si foglights and the OEM civic CTR foglights?

ostrified
08-17-2008, 07:49 PM
i've been throw 2 sets of ebay fogs. The lens cracked on the inside due to temperature twice..i'd rather do it right the first time and go oem or a retrofit.