PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Air Intake vs AEM CAI

MickeCTR
11-23-2002, 04:55 AM
What do you think will give me best gains?

Don

r3p00c
11-23-2002, 05:48 AM
I'd be happy enough with just a CTR :p but my opinion is that you're gonna get basically the same gains from both, maybe a *little* bit more with the mugen intake. Mugen is good stuff... but I hate to admit, you're mostly just paying for the name.

MickeCTR
11-23-2002, 06:06 AM
Mugen vs AEM: 1-0

JSIR
11-23-2002, 12:08 PM
I find it strange that the Mugen intake for the k20 reverts to a flat panel filter, instead of a cone filter. Overall I like the Mugen system better, in terms of power maybe AEM is better, but you have to deal with a wet and dirty filter a lot more than a Mugen type system. I could live with a Mugen system a lot longer than an AEM.

If you aren't in a hurry, the Comptech system will be out in a few months and it should work as well as a Mugen at much less cost. But you said cost doesnt' matter, so the Mugen sounds good.

There is another intake made by Idol in Germany, i've e-mail a guy about it but no response, it is a nice carbon fibre box with cold air feed.

PogoFX
11-24-2002, 08:38 AM
There is another intake made by Idol in Germany, i've e-mail a guy about it but no response, it is a nice carbon fibre box with cold air feed.

I remember your post about this JSIR. Here is the link you provided then for a picture.

http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB16&Number=1277567&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

I sure would like to know more about this system, since Comptech seems in no big hurry. Is there website for this company or email address. Maybe I'll give the a try.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
11-24-2002, 05:58 PM
whtas the mugen air intake look like? anyone have pics?

02blksi
11-24-2002, 06:12 PM
JDM bling bling -Mugen

Effective CAI- AEM

PRICEY -Mugen

you chose..... The Mugen intake looks basically like the oem airbox with no baffling inside and resonators, also the snorkel is on the bottom (id venture that it is somewhat of a CAI setup).

--Joe :)http://www.kingmotorsports.com/king/projects/civicsi/king_si_11.jpg

MugenR
11-25-2002, 09:50 AM
King dosen't have a price listed. Does anyone know how much it cost?
Thanks
Drew

CleanBlackSi02
11-25-2002, 01:30 PM
I think I remember seeing a similar Mugen system for around $650...I could be wrong though. That Idol system looks nice! I think the Comptech Ice Box should be a nice comprimise...