PDA

View Full Version : progressive spring look

dcmpbl
07-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Am I correct in thinking that the coils that are close together should be up top? Or should they be closer at the bottom? I am talking rear springs here... Anyone care to share any pics of their rear aftermarket springs without the wheels on?

RedSiBaron
07-30-2008, 08:31 PM
here ya go

http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/d/184469-1/P1010054small.JPG

the tight ones are all tight up top...

dcmpbl
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Thank you for the swift response. I guess I need a shot of the spring compressed though. Do you know if the lower coils get close together when on the ground? Here is the thing...I installed the Spoon progressive springs and wasn't happy with the rear drop. I took a peek the other day during a wash and the spings seem upside-down where the closer coils are on the bottom. The thing is, is that the "Spoon" lettering is readable now and will be up side down if I put the close coils up top. I;m not concerned about the lettering, but the fronts are more obvious as to which way you install and their lettering is right side up? Very confused.....

dcmpbl
07-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Damn...didn't see your statement under your pic. Thank you...

v1c10us
07-30-2008, 10:42 PM
i dont think it really matters, I put the rears in in which ever way they would seat properly, they'll only seat one way I believe, otherwise the springs coiling the opposite direction of the perch. Im fairly sure at least.