PDA

View Full Version : rear springs startin to go?

shadowmd
07-31-2008, 07:10 AM
ok first things first, im kinda a suspension noob.....

I kno it happens, but i think my progress springs may be starting to sag a lil in the rear. they have been on the car for abot 100k. u think they could be goin? if so, it will give me a good excuse to buy the ground control coilovers for my new d-specs.... :mangel:
the rear seems to be sitting a lil lower than before. i normally have tire rub with my ap1 wheels and 25mm spacers, but i have gettin more than now i then i have in the past. im thinkin its cause my springs are going....(im gettin my fenders professionally rolled soon, but the rubbin is gettin pretty bad with even 1 passenger)
whatcha think?

and yes i am gettin the ground controls....i DO NOT AUTO-X m car lol... basically im not asking for an opinion on what springs/coilovers im gettin but, if im right about the rear springs starting to go.....thanks :mcool:

shadowmd
07-31-2008, 08:44 AM
no one? :mcry: lol

ep_hatcher_510
07-31-2008, 09:30 AM
It could be meaning your springs are going, i am not sure, don't know anything about aging of springs, but hey if it gives you an excuse to get the ground controls then do it :mangel::mbiggrin:

shadowmd
07-31-2008, 09:31 AM
lol yea i think its the springs

Ygrene
07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
I think it's the springs. (http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=522/CA=71)

P.S. - that is a subliminal reply. :mbiggrin:

Strife
07-31-2008, 10:33 AM
With that kind of mileage it could be the springs. But it could also be the struts leaking.

shadowmd
07-31-2008, 11:15 AM
the struts are brand new tokico d-specs :mangel:

ep_hatcher_510
07-31-2008, 12:10 PM
yep definitely the springs, here is a link to help you out, :tehehyper:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/viewCart.php

shadowmd
07-31-2008, 12:32 PM
just ordered some ground controls :mbiggrin: gonna slam her....well to a point where she is still driveable on a daily basis lol

frm_808
07-31-2008, 01:37 PM
nice man

shelbz
09-01-2008, 12:33 AM
thread starter: did you ever find out if it was the springs or shocks? my front suspension has gotten very noticably lower and im a complete suspension noob. or anyone else?

MugsyTheGr8
09-01-2008, 09:39 AM
thread starter: did you ever find out if it was the springs or shocks? my front suspension has gotten very noticably lower and im a complete suspension noob. or anyone else?

if your cars ride height is sagging, its the springs. the shocks don't support the weight of the vehicle and have no effect on the ride height.

shelbz
09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
if your cars ride height is sagging, its the springs. the shocks don't support the weight of the vehicle and have no effect on the ride height.

thank you! if it's dropped like another inch, which mine has.. does that mean the springs are gonna break probably?

ep_hatcher_510
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
thank you! if it's dropped like another inch, which mine has.. does that mean the springs are gonna break probably?

is not gonna break on you, is just with the weight pushing down on it over time is just gonna keep compressing and keep getting lower.

MugsyTheGr8
09-02-2008, 07:42 PM
is not gonna break on you, is just with the weight pushing down on it over time is just gonna keep compressing and keep getting lower.

yea, all springs lose their elasticity over time.

shelbz
09-03-2008, 03:25 PM
so really it isn't a safety issue or anything.. it's just gonna be lower and a really shitty bumpy ride?

MugsyTheGr8
09-03-2008, 06:09 PM
so really it isn't a safety issue or anything.. it's just gonna be lower and a really shitty bumpy ride?

basically.

shadowmd
09-03-2008, 06:13 PM

it wasn't the struts thats for sure. they are brand new tokico d-specs lol....but what it was was my dumbass lol. it was just me being paranoid. the springs are fine.