PDA

View Full Version : Megan Full Coil overs?

Zavy
07-31-2008, 05:15 PM
So What is your take on Megan Full Coil overs?:mbiggrin:

civicSIracer
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
good shit.. might as well buy a set of Progress coilovers for the money tho

ALep3
07-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Had them for well over a year and I still love them. My steering arm is straight as an arrow. Do they cost as much as the Progress?? I got them fairly cheap imo.

27rocks
07-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Id rather have the Megans over Progress, but the only complaint i have is that its not low enough for me. I still like them though they drive really nice.

!@#$%
07-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Apparently, the progress aren't adjustable and they cost about the same. I'd take the megans on this one.

ALep3
07-31-2008, 09:18 PM
Id rather have the Megans over Progress, but the only complaint i have is that its not low enough for me. I still like them though they drive really nice.

How low do you want to go? they drop so low I was scrubing like hell on stock wheels and tires

ep_hatcher_510
08-01-2008, 12:02 AM
i like my megans, especailly their straight arms, i'll probably get another set after this set goes.

skoundrelusa
08-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Megans are better than the Progress's? Hmmm...might have to change my Christmas list...

Tnhatch03
08-01-2008, 10:00 AM
moved.

if i could do it again, i would have bought coilovers. once i get my civic park and start redoing some things. that will be one of the first things that i do.

Zzyzx
08-01-2008, 11:20 AM
For street use, they are fine.

for compitition.... avoid them.

So what are you setting the car up for?

nos4mao
08-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Ive heard good things about the Megan coilovers. I'm debating between the the Megan coilovers or the D-specs/GC. I just can decide! I think the price will be about th same though?

Thanks,
Matt

BaLisTek
08-02-2008, 04:51 PM
ok guys.. i'm in the same boat. I know progress isn't adjustable.

Which will last longer under normal driving? I'm more aimed at quality vs adjustment

I'm considering progress, megan, ksport. Im buying next week.. need to kno:mangel: Mustclime and zzyx ur opinions would be appreciated.

Intentions for car: i want to be able to pick my drop. Don't really ride my car rough at all. I might get on it.. 2-3x's a month

mrpotatohead
08-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I have megan coilovers and I love them. Fully adjustable and great quality.

Brian Todd
08-02-2008, 07:40 PM
so the megans do have the straight arm to keep the rack and pinion straight? need to replace my susp soon.

mustclime
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
megan=show coilover=imo:tehehyper:

Zzyzx
08-04-2008, 01:32 PM

Which will last longer under normal driving? I'm more aimed at quality vs adjustment

I'm considering progress, megan, ksport. Im buying next week.. need to kno:mangel: Mustclime and zzyx ur opinions would be appreciated.

Intentions for car: i want to be able to pick my drop. Don't really ride my car rough at all. I might get on it.. 2-3x's a month

Honestly for street setups you could pretty much close your eyes and point at a pile of "coilovers" and end up with something that fits your needs.

Other wise, I have to say that I'm not a fan of pre-built coilovers in most cases. If just because of the dampers they choose to use.

ep_hatcher_510
08-04-2008, 02:36 PM

Megan, is a fully complete unit so you can just bolt it on without assembly, they are going in the right direction for the spring rates for the EP, and if you the shocks ever go out you can order them from megan and baciscally rebuilt the coil overs yourself easy.

they are great DD coilovers, makes the car pretty fun to drive.

but as said before there are better setups out there if you are into some serious racing competitions.

tallblondkid
08-04-2008, 02:41 PM
Honestly for street setups you could pretty much close your eyes and point at a pile of "coilovers" and end up with something that fits your needs.

Other wise, I have to say that I'm not a fan of pre-built coilovers in most cases. If just because of the dampers they choose to use.

i have read alot of posts by you on here and clubrsx, and theres no question that you know your stuff... my question for you is, are there any prebuilt "coilovers" that have good dampers? and can pieced dampers such as koni, tokico, bilstein handle a short spring, around 2" lower than stock? i know its not best for performance, but I enjoy the appearance of my car and only track it occasionally.

sorry for the threadjack

!@#$%
08-04-2008, 04:25 PM
The megans are an awesome value for the surprising quality you get.

I'd say that a very small percentage of us who post here actually compete. When I autox, I don't even participate under the scca rules. I autox to 'get the bug out of my system' or just meet new people and hang out. I could count the number of people on one hand who spend hundreds of dollars just to get a second.

For the record, I don't even have the megans, but I've driven them before.

tallblondkid
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
The megans are an awesome value for the surprising quality you get.

I'd say that a very small percentage of us who post here actually compete. When I autox, I don't even participate under the scca rules. I autox to 'get the bug out of my system' or just meet new people and hang out. I could count the number of people on one hand who spend hundreds of dollars just to get a second.

For the record, I don't even have the megans, but I've driven them before.

i wouldnt say im a big autoxer, but I do like to be competitive when i do. and i do a certian 2.5 mile course every year and want to reduce my time a little this year and my newer tires, alignment and a newer suspension setup should do it... I would prob spend just as much on a prebuilt set as i would if i pieced together a set, so I wanna get whats best... except for price, nothing matters, i dont care that its more difficult to piece together or that an install is harder... i do have a few friends that have megans on their car and are very happy with them, but those are stricly street driven cars, that are rarely spirited

civictype_r04
08-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Buy my buddyclub N+.

EVOKIN
08-09-2008, 04:24 PM
I have BC racing coilover, which they make coilover for few of the company out there (Megan, Apexi, etc). It have the straight arm design for the steering rack angle offset.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/EVOKIN/DSC03063.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/EVOKIN/DSC03062.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/EVOKIN/DSC03061.jpg

wishbear
08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
i have megan i love how they feel more then about 1 year

metalviper
08-11-2008, 12:30 PM
i heard those bc coilvers use the same materials as megans. i really dont see a difference between the 2 in construction of the setup. whats the price and spring rates versus the megans?

edit: found out bc makes coilovers for other companies, such as megan possibly

!@#$%
08-11-2008, 01:46 PM
i heard those bc coilvers use the same materials as megans. i really dont see a difference between the 2 in construction of the setup. whats the price and spring rates versus the megans?

all the more reason to just get the megan

< $$$

ep_hatcher_510
08-11-2008, 02:22 PM
mmmm Mugens .. wait i mean Megans :mredface:

Zzyzx
08-11-2008, 02:48 PM

The difference in exterior design means little, and there will typically be little variation between prebuild coilover designs. The damper valving and design are whats important and thats what separates cheep coilovers from good coilovers.

metalviper
08-11-2008, 05:27 PM
well these 2 seem to be the only constructed coilovers that lower the pitman arm position decreasing bump steer. i know dampers are very important :msmile: