PDA

View Full Version : k24a2 gotta read!

02slvregg
07-31-2008, 07:44 PM
i just bought a k24a2 for my ep.. the motor has 50K on it and i had it looked over by honda they said everything looks clean..after doing some research i found that im gonna need k-pro intake mani ect.. im on a tight budget so if anyone knows if i can use a factory k24 ecu and intake manifold to save me from forking out another 1500 to 2Gs i would greatly appreciate it...if not i will have to get rid of it :mcry:
uhmm i really like the idea of a jrsc or cash to refinance my car..:mwink: so any way around so much hassle?..why couldnt it just be as simple as b-series lol!! ...thanks

bchaney
07-31-2008, 07:56 PM
Nice pickup.

Kpro is less than $900 and the manifold is ~$150. It'll be worth it.

Why not keep your a3 in until you have the funds to complete the swap?

ecsahs3
07-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Nice pickup.

Kpro is less than $900 and the manifold is ~$150. It'll be worth it.

Why not keep your a3 in until you have the funds to complete the swap?

exactly. just keep the A3 in until you can complete the swap.

btw, there's a member here selling kpro. and there's a vendor selling the rbc manifold for $180, which will give you more gains. then all you'll need is the karcepts tb adapter.

talonXracer
07-31-2008, 08:02 PM
You will need a CRV side engine mount.

You can reuse your intake mani and TB from the A3(best option with bolt-ons). The RBC intake mani will show some low end and midrange losses unless you install a set of big cams.

The K24 TB and ECU are incompatible with the EP3, Kpro is your only option.

02slvregg
07-31-2008, 10:22 PM
k.. so what all will i need to make the a3 mani work? a karcepts adapter and..what about the water cooled part? so use the a3 mani, pass. side crv motor mount, k-pro and a good tune? how about the k24a2 base map from k-pro? and when you guys say good pick-up...i got the complete motor for 400 bucks! legit!

davisj3537
08-01-2008, 09:51 AM
For 400 I have to seriously doubt if its a k24a2. Props if it is but I'm not seeing it.:mrolleyes:

clutch797
08-01-2008, 10:27 AM
For 400 I have to seriously doubt if its a k24a2. Props if it is but I'm not seeing it.:mrolleyes:

I doubt it's a real like you said. No way, pics for proof.

02slvregg
08-01-2008, 12:45 PM
k24a2 indeed straight out of a tsx, got pics of block stamp and tag on the side saying it..i couldnt believe it either thats why when i found the guy i practically threw the money at him! no luck on uploading photos but myspace url is http://www.myspace.com/my_jdm_g3_gsr_tatersacksu tons of pics on there! btw if anyone could help me out with like a straight parts list id greatly appreciate it..thanks guys...

cantonep3
08-01-2008, 10:38 PM
looks like some deals.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=+k24a2&_sacat=See-All-Categories

talonXracer
08-02-2008, 05:53 AM
The head will require a simple mod to adapt to the A3 mani, like this pic.Or purchase the Hasport adaptor gasket.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0540.jpg

dobbs02si
08-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Is that a hydraulic fitting?

Slip_Angle
08-02-2008, 03:57 PM
If you use the stock TSX manifold you don't need to do the water port tap. You will need a Karcepts adapter for $50 to mate the throttle body and IM.

talonXracer
08-03-2008, 08:17 AM
If you use the stock TSX manifold you don't need to do the water port tap. You will need a Karcepts adapter for $50 to mate the throttle body and IM.

That is a decent alternative, but the EP3's PRB IM with PIMP makes significantly more WHP thruout the rpm range.

Deadphishy
08-03-2008, 09:35 AM
The head will require a simple mod to adapt to the A3 mani, like this pic.Or purchase the Hasport adaptor gasket.
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/IMG_0540.jpg

Have you test fit a TB on to that set up? Mine has to be turned upward to clear the TB, or it binds the cable.

02slvregg
08-03-2008, 12:33 PM
e-mailed karcepts, this is what they told me..

You would need an adapter Hasport makes that goes in between the block and the mani if you wanted to run your EP3 mani. I think it cost around $150, so you could buy a better mani for that price. You would be better off with a TSX or RBC mani. You do need a Karcepts adapter if you want to run either the TSX or RBC mani. One thing, you need an 04-05 TSX mani if you go that route, as the 06-08 TSX one has different idle porting and it won’t work with your TB, even with the Karcepts adapter. If the setup on the TSX is fairly stock with 2.25 or smaller exhaust piping, no cam upgrade, etc. then the 04-05 TSX mani will make more power. If you plan to do cams or have a decent exhaust system and plan to raise the rev limit a little, then the RBC mani can yield more power up top.

Slip_Angle
08-03-2008, 03:00 PM
That is a decent alternative, but the EP3's PRB IM with PIMP makes significantly more WHP thruout the rpm range.

It didn't on my car. Do you have some information that I don't? When I switched from the PRB to the RBB I gained lots of torque in the low-mid range and lost 0 hp.

What's PIMP?

Slip_Angle
08-03-2008, 03:09 PM
If the setup on the TSX is fairly stock with 2.25 or smaller exhaust piping, no cam upgrade, etc. then the 04-05 TSX mani will make more power. If you plan to do cams or have a decent exhaust system and plan to raise the rev limit a little, then the RBC mani can yield more power up top.

I would agree you need cam upgrades to make the RBC work. Also, you'll gain top end HP with the RBC and lose torque. See Hondata's dyno of the RBC vs RBB(TSX) on their web site and the k20a.org post.

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27207

http://www.hondata.com/tuning_k24a2_tsx_engine.html

Quote: "The purple line involved only one change, from the long RBB intake manifold - to the short Accord Euro R RBC intake manifold. This manifold has shorter and larger diameter runners than the RBB intake. It is well optimized for high RPM breathing. A gain of 2-3 HP from 6200 RPM to the redline though is not enough to offset the loss of torque pretty much everywhere under 6000 RPM for this engine setup."

BongoBennie
08-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I have a TSX engine in my car, first, I went with the stock EP intake manifold, then switched to the stock TSX manifold and Im happier with it. Way more bottom end and top end is still the same

idunluvthemhoes
08-18-2008, 10:38 PM
k24a2 indeed straight out of a tsx, got pics of block stamp and tag on the side saying it..i couldnt believe it either thats why when i found the guy i practically threw the money at him! no luck on uploading photos but myspace url is http://www.myspace.com/my_jdm_g3_gsr_tatersacksu tons of pics on there! btw if anyone could help me out with like a straight parts list id greatly appreciate it..thanks guys...

whoa, it really is a k24a2 just like he said!! i went on his myspace and saw it for myself. and i bet you did throw the 4 bills at him when you saw him cuz i would have done the same, ha-ha. that's some crack pipe or crackhead pricing right there! you lucky bastard!! good luck with the install and make sure to post pics :mbiggrin: