PDA

View Full Version : What sort of commentary do you get regarding your EP?

ep pilot
11-23-2002, 02:33 PM
I am very curious as to how the public has responded to your new ep

02blksi
11-23-2002, 02:42 PM
Alot of stares, smiles, thumbs up/down, laughter, expressions of confusion, positive comments made to me.

I love my SI. - Joe:)

Spidey
11-23-2002, 02:53 PM
My uncle and one of my friends don't like the looks of it. My parents are indifferent. Most people just look at it because they don't know what it is and plus its not a very common car (thankfully) Most of my friends really like the interior.
I haven't had any cute girls come up to me yet and say "nice car!" but some of them do drive by and give me a big smile as they drive by in their older civic hatches. :(
why are you offended that it's in the same class as the neon etc?
it is considered the same. econobox. the civic is the lowest out of all their models.

ep pilot
11-23-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Spidey

I haven't had any cute girls come up to me yet and say "nice car!" but some of them do drive by and give me a big smile as they drive by in their older civic hatches. :(
why are you offended that it's in the same class as the neon etc?
it is considered the same. econobox. the civic is the lowest out of all their models.

Oddly enough when I had my 02' Jetta, nobody really ever payed much attention to it, like a Ford Taurus you see a Jetta on every block, however I would occasionally get a very attractive girl to approach me at a gas station or store, and say "like your Jetta, I've got a white one" or " you got a 1.8T or VR6?" or "How do you like your Jetta, i would like to get one too!" But I think women are entirely turned off by a car with a hatchback, even girls in a regular Lx/Ex sedan or coupe give jarring stares and looks at my EP.

-Ryan

Chrisbgft
11-23-2002, 03:19 PM
MOST ASKED QUESTION ABOUT MY CAR..............."Hey, is that new INSIGHT????"............lol

Spidey
11-23-2002, 03:21 PM
I used to like the jetta until it became a chick's car and everyone I'd see driving one was a girl. I would have to agree that girls don't like hatchbacks. it would be really rare to see a girl driving a
VW GTi or something along those lines.
So it must be the driver? heheh maybe if I was better lookin they girls would give more compliments. :o :'( :confused: :D

MugenR
11-23-2002, 11:07 PM
Most of my friends really like it. I know a couple of them don't, but just won't say it.
But most people like it, or just don't care.
Drew

IceD out N CALI
11-23-2002, 11:24 PM
have gotten good comments and questions at stoplights from time to time about the ep and how much it cost etc

jo3y
11-24-2002, 12:43 AM
most people seem to like it, i get stares all the time and find plenty of people that want to race it. Those doubtful or against it usually decide to take a closer look after i open up the throttle and the tires start spinning

jo3y
11-24-2002, 12:51 AM
Oh and as far as the sex appeal factor of the car, I had probably the second hottest girl ive ever met in the EP other night and she loved it. Kept telling me to go faster. She said it fits my personality, what ever that means. I should however note that this girl is a 100lb 17year old model :angel:

02SilverSiHB
11-24-2002, 12:49 PM
everyone likes it. Except once and a while I get some stupid girl that asks.....is that one of those electric cars :rolleyes:

Si4Me
11-24-2002, 06:26 PM
The most common question I get about MY EP is "That shifters weird.... is it difficult to drive like that?"
LOL
Little do they know.... haha
Easiest car I've ever driven :)

BarracksSi
11-24-2002, 09:45 PM
My dad hasn't seen mine yet, but my mom, sister, and 2-year-old niece have, and they like it. My mom's also shown an Si back home to my dad, and he says that it's really nice.

Other comments/questions:
"Is it electric?"
"Black is the best color ever"
"Oh, that's really cute!"
"How do you like the shifter on that thing?" (To which I respond, "It's like it should have been there all along")
while getting in... "Dude, that shifter is f*ckin' PIMP!"
"Have you gone racin' yet, Corporal?"

and lately, from my best friend, after I turn to look at it again --
*sigh* "It's a sickness..."

norcalSI
11-24-2002, 11:26 PM
i've gotten a lot of good comments about my car....
my boss said he though it looks nice...now that i lowered it he pratically loves it....
another dude said it look hella tight....
i get a lot of looks from other racers.....
people seem to rev at me a lot....
nothing but good things out here in the east bay....

LordKoo
11-24-2002, 11:56 PM
Girls:
"Wow, when did Honda make small cute cars again?"
"It is a mini-mini-van!"
"It is cute!"

Guys:
"Is that another electric car from Honda?"
"Nice Honda hatchback!"
"Look European!"
"Look like a shoe"

Well, most of friends think the car is a joke but once they ride in the car, they were shocked with how well the car ride and of course the interior impressed them the most.

My family likes the car much, they think it is practical and small for just one person usage.

Sigh... Worse remark was that "Mini-mini-van!" from a girl who drives a V8 Tacoma, so what can I say!

DEXTERBASE
11-25-2002, 12:21 AM
I notice that a lot of older people like this car, especially those who like european styling. I get a lot of looks from people driving BMW's or audi's.

The car does look a little different because it's a new body style to our shores, so it will naturally meet mixed reviews. For the most part, I think people have reacted well to it and I get a lot more compliments than negative feedback.

atl-si
11-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Here in GA, not that many people have asked about it. Oh well, I don't really care if people see and say "Wow!" or anything like that. On the other hand, most ricers/racers see and want some. But I don't give them a opportunity cause I don't want a ticket in my cop speed trapping county.

kenis138
11-25-2002, 10:40 AM
Lots of comments bout shifter, some like it, others say it looks obscene in 2nd and 4th. Most aggrevating comment was, "whaddya get 60 mpg?"

Part of the influence making me NOT want to get a resonator, no mistaking for a gas/elec hybrid then...

silver ep
11-25-2002, 10:54 AM
"Is that the new gas/electric car?"

"Do you like that shifter?"

"What kinda mileage do you get?"

"That cars a piece of sh!t !"

"How do you like it?"

"That is a cute car!"

"Licence and registration please."

:D

CleanBlackSi02
11-25-2002, 12:16 PM
I've gotten plenty of "Hey man nice car" comments, but I've also gotten the electric car mistake, the Focus mistake, and the yelling of "slow" from some fruitcake rice boys...consequently, they didn't want to race...Hmmmmm... I'll say about 70% of the comments I get are positive. Once I get my JRSC or a NX kit, I won't have to feel thretened by the "slow" comment. :D

AkronSi
11-25-2002, 12:33 PM
I get a ton of positive comments. Most people start by asking "what is that" or "I've never seen one of those before."

I always get people in Audis and Bimmers checking me out.

I had come guy in a vw corrado yell some shit from across the street as he was turning, but other than that...it's all been good.

My girlfriend and family love it. But, my aunt said it reminded her of a space shuttle :)