PDA

View Full Version : Which USB FD are using ?

JDM_Outlaw
08-01-2008, 08:49 AM
I have a Clarion USB deck I just got,

wanted to get rid of the clutter of the many many CD's in which I own...

so wanted I wanted to ask to the owners of decks of any brand with USB flash drive abilities...

which brand of USB flash drive are you using?

or is there a particular brand that you recommend? I plan on using 4GB to start.

rwest44
08-10-2008, 10:14 AM
I was wondering about this as well. i have an eclipse cd7100 with the usb and ive never used it. I personally dont know but i just did some research and i think the SanDisk Cruzer micro would be a good choice. Plus it comes in 2, 4, 8, and 16gb models, the 4gb is only $30. And seems to be a little better quality/good for wear and tear. People have washed them and dried them and supposedly have survived. Hope i could help. Let me know if you get one. Im curious to see how they work out.

thechromecoyote
08-10-2008, 10:38 AM
JVC KD G830 owner here,

I use any old flash memory I have laying around for quick playlists, and a WD passport drive for when I want my entire collection. But I have seen people have issues with passport drives due to their slightly higher than average power demands, so stick with another USB powered external HD for reliability.

Most recently, Ive started experimenting with micro SD USB adapters, bc the micro SD works in my phone, my DS, etc. Its easier to just swap it out when Im leaving the car and slot it into my phone for tunes on the go. :mbiggrin: