PDA

View Full Version : Part Throttle Knocking

AUTiger
08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
well, today my engine decided to start knocking so in order to recreate the situations you can see that it was not like a 3rd pull at WOT, it's sporatic low rpm driving. I still have some tweaking to do up top for WOT, but honestly that can wait, tomorrow I have a 1000 mile road trip and care more about part throttle issues and will take it easy on the car. I was getting knocking below 3500rpms in 1st and 2nd and sometimes 3rd. This just really started today. I switched to just the base high-octane tune and the same thing happened so I don't know if there is some bad shit going on inside my motor or if I got some bad fuel this time. So could it be that ignition needs to get pulled back or maybe the Mobile gas i got instead of the BP that I usually get is messed it up. Someone please tell me what is going on? I didn't save the datalog for a WOT run, but there is zero knocking under those conditions, only during part throttle. I would post the datalog that I did for part throttle, but the file is too large even when i compress and zip it for some damn reason. But when I switch from the 30 degree to 20 degree high speed cam angle I went from zero to 9 knocks.

talonXracer
08-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Exxon/Mobil use E10, BP does not add alcohol to the fuel. So you are probably running a tad lean. Datalog and pull some timing and see what happens, if that doesnt help then add some fuel and datalog again. Also the knock sensor could be going, or you need a valve lash adjustment.

AUTiger
08-03-2008, 12:55 PM
thanks, I pulled some ignition and filled up with BP and the knocking went away until I got back down south and the BP I used said something about using 10% of something and some knocking but not as much came back. I'll do some datalogging soon and see if it's running lean, for now I have lean protection enabled for protection.

thetunersource
08-06-2008, 06:43 PM
i had a similar problem and it had to be "tuned" out