PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio and Delphi unit question

Surprise
11-23-2002, 05:06 PM
I have two questions;

1. What are your opinions on XM radio vs. Sirus vs. AM/FM vs CD for both SQ and play lists.
2.What do you think of the SKYFi Unit by Delphi?
http://delphi.com/images/electronics/products/skyfi/skyfi_image_larger.jpg

I think I found a way to play it through the factory radio with out using a FM-modulator.

JLannoo
11-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Surprise
I think I found a way to play it through the factory radio with out using a FM-modulator.

If you do figure the above out let me know. I do not know much about the unit though.

1 fstr si
11-24-2002, 08:38 PM
satellite radio is just plain sweet. i had XM in my grand am and loved it. xm is more organized than sirius, but xm uses the same same satellites as dish network and if dish network goes down, so does xm, and xm also can be lost when going through tunnels, and valleys, and under bridges, sirius is different. it doesnt give you static like am or fm and i listened to xm all the way to myrtle beach in my grand am, thats 9 hours of no channel changes needed, but we watched movies and played video games modst of the way in the pontiac. as for CD's, you can choose the songs you want to listen to with CD's, but you get alot better variety with XM, plus, CD's dont have "the playboy channel";) but you can combine XM and CD by using the title display feature on your display to remember what the name and artist of the song you like is and then go home and download some good songs and burn them onto CD. but, seeing as though i just wrote a dang magazine article here, i would highly recommend satellite radio. if you have anymore questions, just let me know. oh, and last, if you decide to get satellite radio, look at the different antennae options you can have, cus you have to externally mount an antennae on your car for the satellites to focus on., and some of the antennaes look corny as hell

1 fstr si
11-27-2002, 08:53 PM
i got you guys some info on the new skifi from delphi. heres the direct link and there are prices on there for the different versions. the unit itself is $130 . so, enjoy.