PDA

View Full Version : Dealer question?

Peking
11-23-2002, 05:43 PM
When I bought my Si, I told my self that I would not change a thing until the warranty expired. I couldn't do it. Don't get me wrong the car is great no real problems other then the steering being off, but the car is just to quite. So after the break in period I called my dealer for some info. The first time I called they gave me to a guy in finacing (not sure if that is right), I told him what I wanted to do. Intake, exhaust, and interior sound. He told me that he saw no problem in it. Just to be sure he connected me to someone in the service area. I asked him the same. He gave me alot of attitude, but basically told me that if the problem came from my modifications that it would not be covered under the warranty. So it's settled I will make the changes. First I changed the intake. Took the car in for my first oil change, nothing wrong. No one said anything to me. What I am worried about is someone posted that if he changed his midpipe it would void his warranty. I just changed my midpipe so I was wondering if anyone has taken their car back to the dealer with modifications and had problems. Please give feedback.

02blksi
11-23-2002, 08:27 PM
The dealers cannot by LAW refuse to repair your car unless the problem under investigation is a DIRECT cause by an aftermarket piece. basic I/E will NOT void the warranty.!! Nitrous, turbo, cams ecu upgrades, etc etc etc. WILL void the warranty ! But the basic boltons are usually even sold right at the dealership. If they try to give you shit threaten leagal action with them,ask to speak to the service manager and if that gets you know where call honda. Do the basics and youll be fine.. Just use judgement when doing so :) --Joe

Suk02Si
11-23-2002, 09:24 PM
With my mods, If I drove my car to the dealer for a tranny problem(crunchy from 1st to 2nd) would they just tell me to shove it?