PDA

View Full Version : Strut Mounts Torn :(

04EP3Hatch
08-02-2008, 05:02 PM
OK, im officially pissed. I just put d-specs and H&R's in my car about 2 weeks ago, my strut mounts started making noise a few days ago, they are brand new from carquest (carquest brand too). And just now i popped my hood to soften my struts, and the driver side mount is now torn, the rubber it self isnt yet, but its started. You can physically see the rod is off center in the mount, bad part is is my OEM Honda mounts and bearings wont be in until teusday :mfrown:, and i dont want to ruin my struts up front

skoolnu
08-03-2008, 10:22 AM
pics?

mustclime
08-04-2008, 10:26 AM
stock style springs? If so, my guess its a messed up install. The upper spring purch needs to have "pointer" matched with the strut bushing carrior "pointer". If this is not done, the spring will put all kinds of load on the strut top bearing and the strut bushing.:mfrown:

04EP3Hatch
08-04-2008, 05:55 PM
i saw that but there was no mark on the new ones, ohhh shit. i see what u mean now, the white mark on the spring purch needs to be lined up with the L arrow for the left side and vice-verca for the right?

mustclime
08-05-2008, 09:51 AM
The angle that the spring comes into the strut tower is not 90 degrees with the serface of the struttower, honda uses offset upper spring purches to offset this. Put the upper purches on wrong and you will but a lot of load on strut bearing and the strut bushing.