PDA

View Full Version : Old member back again - CTR owner from Norway

n0stra
08-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Hi there, just wanted to make a new "greetings this is me etc" thread. Since english is a forreign language to me, ill appologize for any grammar mistakes or bad spelling in advance, bare with me :)

Anyway, im 30 years old, live in Norway (northern europe), we have the highest car taxes in the world (a CTR costs 85000 USD) and some of the highest gas prices (even though were one of the biggest oil exporters in the world also, go figure). 1 gallon costs 11USD

My car is a 03 NBP Civic Type-R, i bought it back in 2005 and its become very dear to me.

Ive installed the following mods after doing about 2 years of research:

- Toda Racing 4-2-1 racing header
- Energy Suspension Motor mount inserts
- Fujitsubo RM-01A catback
- Hondata K-Pro with PRB ECU and Denso/Honda wideband lambda/sensor
- Ingals ETD
- Spoon progressive springs
- Mugen Air intake filter and box
- Mugen front grille
- Mugen front lip
- Mugen oilcap
- Mugen gascap
- Mugen pedals
- Mugen radiatorcap
- Mugen thermostat
- Mugen fanswitch
- Spoon magnetic plugs
- Steelbraided brake hoses
- Steelbraided clutch hose
- Steel gear bushings
- Defi BF gauges (oil temp, oil pressure, water temp) and controller II etc
- Slightly tinted windows all around
- Ferodo DS2500 brakepads
- Bridgestone Potenza S03 tires
- PIAA Wipers (yey)
- Chromed indicatorbulbs
- PIAA white parkingbulbs
- Alpine 4x150 digital amplifier
- MB Quart 216 reference speakers
- JL Audio 10v6w2 subwoofer

The car has been dynoed and tuned professionally for 3 hours on a dynapack on 98 oktane gas with the result of 210whp which with the hondata measured drivetrainloss should give approxomatly 245hp on the engine itself. The biggest and most important difference though is the massive gain in torque and power in the mid area. Its just crazy compared to a original car. It also uses less gas than before when driving to and from work.

Im also a car detailing enthusiast with a lineup of products covering everything in meguiars NXT, Detailer and Mirror Glaze series. I also got a DeWalt professional rotary rubbingmachine and a Meguairs G110 polishing machine. Im currently working on my wetsandingskills, next step will be spot paint repair.

My future plans include the following:

- IPS cam setup
- K24 manifold
- ported throttlebody
- Spoon calipers
- Red recaros
- Red doorcards
- VIS Mugen style CF Hood (on its way as we speak)
- Facelift CTR LHD headlights
- HID's
- yellow or clear foglights
- Buddyclub shortshift
- camberkit of some kind (please give me suggestions if you have any)
- bigger rear swaybar (also open for suggestions)
- new LCA's
- Eventually get a set of Tein Flex with controller
- Defi shiftlight
- Defi HUD
- Toyo R888 on 16" Rota Torques
- 18" Volk CE28 or Advan RGII in gold
- clean up the engine bay (cables and such)
- Chromoly lightened flywheel
- Quaife LSD
- Some kind of new clutch, organic one, i use this on a everyday basis

If i after this need even more power i plan on installing a k24 shortblock with forged pistons etc.

If that wasnt enough ive also bought a EG6 (B16A2 engine) that i have several plans for. The car itself has these modifications done to it at the moment (mostly done by the former owner)

- TSW Vulcan 17" wheels
- Supersprint racecat
- Tanabe catback
- House of Kolor candy apple red paint
- both oem bumpers and skirts plus original BC2 bumpers and skirt with CF catkiller
- Spoon CF mirrors

I plan on doing the following with this car, some of it has allready been bought:

- Crome EMS
- Spoon yellow cower
- Spoon engine bay bling bling (jdm yo!)
- type-r style polyurethan lip for the OEM frontbumper
- Spoon CF duckbill
- VIS OEM style CF hood
- Black recaros
- paint the interior black
- new carpets (ive removed every piece of sound deadening to lower the weight of this car. It has no aircon, no sunroof etc)
- momo suede steering weel
- Clear headlights with amber corners
- red/white rear lights
- yellow foglights
- jdm center consol
- Rocket motorsport m22x camkit
- hytech replica 4-2-1 header
- some porting here and there
- oil cooler
- bigger thermostat
- OBX LSD (these have gotten much better as long as you take them apart and put them together again)

Since i plan to use the EG to learn about mechanics, trackwhore, everyday driver but also a showcar for my detailing shop where i sell meguairs on the side and do detailing jobs i plan on keeping up the somewhat flashy look of the CF and kandy color. Perhaps also some mattesilver gray decals of some sort, time will tell. Then i can swap between the BC2 kit and the more stealthy OEM look :)

RTE117
08-02-2008, 08:21 PM
85K? For a Civic?

:meek:

I'm so very sorry.

n0stra
08-02-2008, 09:57 PM
85K? For a Civic?

:meek:

I'm so very sorry.

Yup, thats norwegian tax laws for ya. The state takes 2/3 of the price. If you wanted a supersportscar like a 911 carrera 4 you would have to pay around 300 000USD.

jofus228
08-03-2008, 12:30 AM
Welcome back! And OUCH for the high taxes, but the car sounds like its coming along very nicely.

ep3er
08-04-2008, 04:20 AM
Welcome newbie!

n0stra
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Cars are really expensive, services are also a pain in the ass. Im just taking my car to the 80000km service, it will cost me around 800USD.

My hood arrived today, also OEM foglights and 04+ ctr headlights are soon to be on its way :)

talonXracer
08-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Welcome back! Nice ride!

02_epdriver
08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Good job and sweet ride man. Ouch 85k for a civic is a kick in the nuts and especially 11.00 a gallon for gas. Can anyone say bankruptcy.

ShadySi
08-05-2008, 11:12 AM
love your civic man, I remember you from before. But I didn't know you had a EG as well, nice. it looks good.

n0stra
08-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Ill post some more pictures eventually :)

jisungoppa
08-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Yup, thats norwegian tax laws for ya. The state takes 2/3 of the price. If you wanted a supersportscar like a 911 carrera 4 you would have to pay around 300 000USD.

Wow imagine what it costs to drive a Maybach.

I remember when Korea used to have ridiculous import tariffs. Any non-Korean car was like 4x the price ... now it's slightly under 2x

mr-alternative
08-18-2008, 12:38 PM
horrable taxes in Norway....

Some new 04 / 05 CTR in germany with pearl piant had cost about 24000 Euros, this are 36000 dollars or a bit more....

But 85000 Dollars....thats nearly 3 times more expensive, only becuase you live 3000kms in northern direction and in some european coutry namend "Norway"

UNBELIVABLE !!!

Well I know that every alcoholic drinks are very very expenisive...but also cars ???

dannysi
08-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Anyway, im 30 years old, live in Norway (northern europe), we have the highest car taxes in the world (a CTR costs 85000 USD) and some of the highest gas prices (even though were one of the biggest oil exporters in the world also, go figure). 1 gallon costs 11USD

n0stra,
I think you are a little off on your conversion there.
1.00 USD = 5.38492 NOK

United States Dollars Norway Kroner
1 USD = 5.38492 NOK 1 NOK = 0.185704 USD

$85000 USD is equal to $459,038.35 NOK

How much did you pay for the CTR in NOK's.

Passenger
08-31-2008, 11:55 PM
nice but good god man I can't believe how high the cost of living there is..
not to turn this post all political and shit but I remember when I was a kid and ppl would occasionally say.. " yeah the US dollar costs more than any other currency on earth.. "

But then again gas was like 1.05 a gallon.

Anyways, great car.. Awesome work man

n0stra
08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Bringing up an old thread and keeping my promise of some more images of my car :) Hope you like it.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2430/3560700890_5a88f23427.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m7/dodden/16s.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m7/dodden/6s-1.jpg

apexracing
08-03-2011, 08:19 AM
sharp looking car friend.

lemonhead228
08-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Clean ctr! What happen to the 05 JDM headlights?

mattism78
08-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Welcome. I dig the Black Type R. Jealous that we never got it stateside.