PDA

View Full Version : may be a dumb idea but..

02slvregg
08-03-2008, 12:50 PM
i got a k24a2 motor for my ep..would it equal to or hurt hp. if i used my k20a3 head on the block, maybe with the tsx cams, if the factory tsx valvetrain is "under the weather" just a precautionary question, i got the motor for a great deal, just for that it makes me worry, plus someone told me they think it had a valve tick before it was pulled, prolly just someone jellious, but still makes me question... thanks...

Guardian
08-03-2008, 12:58 PM
:tehehyper:

this is a great thread
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php

ALL MotoR Ep3
08-03-2008, 01:01 PM
why would u take put k20a3(2 lobe vtec system) on k24a2( 3 lobe Vtec system) I wouldnt do it ur defeating the ability of that motor if u wanna do something like that just buy a crv or accord motor...thats wut ur basically trying to do and u wont have to worry about anything cuz the motor will be complete

clutch797
08-03-2008, 04:27 PM

this is a great thread

I'm just not going to say anything or I will get in trouble.

02slvregg
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
:shrug:sorry, just a question in case i really do have problems with my valvetrain, i dont know about people on ephatch, but i rely on my car to get back and forth to work. reason i asked is im new to k-series, and i know anything like this is possible with a b-series...i figured it would atleast get me from point a to point b, while i get a new valvetrain for the k24 head...

illusionsoflife
08-03-2008, 08:25 PM
:shrug:sorry, just a question in case i really do have problems with my valvetrain, i dont know about people on ephatch, but i rely on my car to get back and forth to work. reason i asked is im new to k-series, and i know anything like this is possible with a b-series...i figured it would atleast get me from point a to point b, while i get a new valvetrain for the k24 head...

maybe you should have not bought it and researched first.

Guardian
08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
look man you are trying to take the best stock block and put on the shittiest head. yes it would work but wait till you can fix the k24a2 head then swap.
please dont read this and go "well if it will work i will try it" cause you will be wasting money and time to make a slow pos. also do you even have k-pro?
and dont compare the b-series with the k-series like that, like its better or more compatible then k-series, cause its not. k-series is in its own league with plenty of frank setups. you just happen to be trying the dumbest one ive ever heard...

NHBP ep3
08-03-2008, 10:46 PM

this is a great thread

i actually clicked that :tehehyper:

02slvregg
08-04-2008, 09:57 AM
im not trying it, it was only an idea in case i get the motor in and the valves are ticking badly..like i said before i only was considering it to get it running, easier to fix the k24 head with it off the motor, so i can still have something to drive! i was thinking it would be easier to put the head on than back-track my steps, take the motor completly back out, and put the a3 back in it..i wasnt trying to compare b-series to k-series, i was only trying to adapt the idea....last time ill post a question on ephatch about functionality.

shadowmd
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
i would look on www.k20a.org for some tsx valve train parts that people don't need so u can save some cash. then take it to a local machine shop and they can assemble it. then u just put it back on the k24a2 block :mcool:

ep3 b!tch
08-04-2008, 10:10 AM
i actually clicked that :tehehyper:

me too lmao. :tehehyper:

powdbyrice
08-04-2008, 10:25 AM
im not trying it, it was only an idea in case i get the motor in and the valves are ticking badly..like i said before i only was considering it to get it running, easier to fix the k24 head with it off the motor, so i can still have something to drive! i was thinking it would be easier to put the head on than back-track my steps, take the motor completly back out, and put the a3 back in it..i wasnt trying to compare b-series to k-series, i was only trying to adapt the idea....last time ill post a question on ephatch about functionality.

you're sure its the valves and not the injectors that you hear clicking? our injectors are loud. people who are new to the ep often confuse the 2.

just wondering.

if i had a k24a2, id swap the whole thing in.

shadowmd
08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
i had slightly bent valves and it was a ticking like u say. btw, i didnt think k-series injectors were loud :mangel:

talonXracer
08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Can I use my k20a3 head on the block,

maybe with the tsx cams,

they think it had a valve tick before it was pulled,

thanks...

It will bolt on, but a huge downgrade.

TSX cams will not work with the A3 head.

Seeing as you have the engine out, pull the head and have the valves checked at a machine shop(you will also get a very good idea of the general health of the heart of the engine). Take your time and do it correctly, a half assed attempt results in a half assed result that is a huge pain in the wallet!

No matter what you do, you will also need Kpro.

v1c10us
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
dont bring k20a3 stuff any where near the k20a2 or i'll slap you.
the tsx motor might catch 2 lobe vtec and start sucking

02slvregg
08-06-2008, 10:26 AM
thanks the machine shop is not a bad idea, have them check the valvetrain and you can always use a good resurfacing, the k24a2 isnt in yet, so i dont know if its even ticking..but i can see why you say the injectors are loud, my buddy had 440cc in his a3 and they were loud as hell!! thanks for the straight info guys....

frm_808
08-06-2008, 11:37 AM
newb fail thread

magmagik 1
08-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Ahhh man lmao :rofl:

EggShellSi
08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Starting to sound like the old Ephatch again...:spankit:

Jrw
08-16-2008, 11:10 AM
How do i put a d16 head on a k2O block? I have hondabond and im going to use cardboard to make a head gasket i want to make 303whp! ;)

clujalolo
08-17-2008, 01:13 AM
How do i put a d16 head on a k2O block? I have hondabond and im going to use cardboard to make a head gasket i want to make 303whp! ;)

anything is possilbe you just have to make it happen......:tehehyper:

shivic
08-21-2008, 07:08 AM
stock with the k24 longblock. have the head checked for wear and damage