PDA

View Full Version : Anyone paint their roof white? pics?

DRP967
08-03-2008, 05:21 PM
As you may have noticed there are cars on the road that come with white roofs as pictured below:
http://www.roadfly.com/gallery2/d/24735-6/toyota-fj-cruiser.jpg

http://drive-line.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/ac_schnitzer_r56_mini_cooper_s_3.jpg

http://aerorentacar.com/CarsForSale/MiniCooperRed.jpg
*Anyone done this to their EP3? If so post up pics please. Thanks in advance. Doesnt matter what color your EP3 is, as long as the roof is white id like pics. Btw if for those of you who havent painted your roof white, what do you think of white roofs on cars that aren't white? (need some feedback)

cHaNkStA
08-03-2008, 05:30 PM
uh.. they don't paint them white, they come stock like that.

Mini's have been doing that since they first came into production.

.colin
08-03-2008, 05:33 PM
my roof is white

and so is the rest of the car :mbiggrin:

but seriously, those like the poster above said come like that. people have been painting their roofs black though.

DRP967
08-03-2008, 07:21 PM
uh.. they don't paint them white, they come stock like that.

Mini's have been doing that since they first came into production.

I never said they painted em white. :-) I said they come like that.

DRP967
08-03-2008, 07:22 PM
my roof is white

and so is the rest of the car :mbiggrin:

but seriously, those like the poster above said come like that. people have been painting their roofs black though.
Usually i see peeps with white cars paint their roofs black. So far ive seen some Mercedes that are white come with black roofs.

charles
08-03-2008, 11:35 PM
never seen an ep3 with an white painted roof, aside from white ep3s. Dont think i would do it if i had the option, but i might consider the whole checkered roof.

Kerby
08-04-2008, 04:29 AM
there really isn't a nice fine line to make a cut and change the color to white.

DRP967
08-04-2008, 07:55 AM
never seen an ep3 with an white painted roof, aside from white ep3s. Dont think i would do it if i had the option, but i might consider the whole checkered roof.

there really isn't a nice fine line to make a cut and change the color to white.

1. Thanks for the input, hmmm what about different colored side mirrors? The checkered roof sounds dope, or what about the UK flag roof yay/nay? :mcool:

2. I dont quite understand what you mean. :mredface::mbiggrin: Do you mean body line or you mean not a good idea...what? Thanks for the input

http://www.blog.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/mini-cooper-s-works-gp.jpg
^Picture a black/blue/white/euro yellow/silver ep with red mirrors....yay or nay?

Tortoise
08-04-2008, 02:48 PM
im not really feelin the idea.

BustedSony
08-04-2008, 03:14 PM
2. I dont quite understand what you mean. :mredface::mbiggrin: Do you mean body line or you mean not a good idea...what? Thanks for the input

There's no obvious line, such as trim, around the edge of the roof just below the top to demark the roof area. Having said that there are those two runnels at either side of the top of the EP's roof, so the area in between could be painted as a wide stripe. That might work...

DRP967
08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
im not really feelin the idea.

There's no obvious line, such as trim, around the edge of the roof just below the top to demark the roof area. Having said that there are those two runnels at either side of the top of the EP's roof, so the area in between could be painted as a wide stripe. That might work...

1. Different strokes for different folks right? :mbiggrin:

2. Okay i see what your saying, but yep i was thinking the area in between the runners could be white. :)

civictype_r04
08-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not feeling the white roof on the EP idea. The Mini's and FJ's roof is more rounded on the corners so it don't look that bad.

DRP967
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm not feeling the white roof on the EP idea. The Mini's and FJ's roof is more rounded on the corners so it don't look that bad.

Thanks for the input. :)