PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a swap over the winter...

skoolnu
08-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Im thinking of doing a swap this winter. but i dunno... k20 or 24, or frank. what you think? just lookin for imput.

tieu
08-04-2008, 10:33 AM
frank.. if not then i would go K24.. cheaper and nice torque...

lldiesel386ll
08-04-2008, 10:52 AM
im biased, and a k24a2 or frank would definitely be nice :thumbu:. torque is an amazing thing to have

are you planning on doing the work yourself? if so i definitely recommend you find a heated garage, because you will definitely be out there for quite some time. personally i think the spring or early fall would be the best time to try and get that work done, because both extreme cold and heat sucks :mfrown:

skoolnu
08-04-2008, 05:39 PM
im biased, and a k24a2 or frank would definitely be nice :thumbu:. torque is an amazing thing to have

are you planning on doing the work yourself? if so i definitely recommend you find a heated garage, because you will definitely be out there for quite some time. personally i think the spring or early fall would be the best time to try and get that work done, because both extreme cold and heat sucks :mfrown:

Yeah... i plan on doing it myself. good thing i live with 3 girls that give a rats ass less about the garage. so i got that on lock. heat and all, i fully insulated the walls. even got cable in that bitch god damn!! lol. its my man cave, i get excited.:mbiggrin: as you can see im in no hurry on the motor, cause i have a frame in my way. just a little something on the side while i build a new rolling chassis for my nissan. 3/4 frame clip, stock floor body drop, bagged, 22's, and a 302 to top it off. was going to power it via a S2k, but 3 wires it easier for now.

I was thinking a frank setup... other than head and block, what would i need to mount this sucker in and run it. What can i use off the motor im running now? basically a quick run down i guess.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/skoolnu2/0804082021.jpg

lldiesel386ll
08-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Yeah... i plan on doing it myself. good thing i live with 3 girls that give a rats ass less about the garage. so i got that on lock. heat and all, i fully insulated the walls. even got cable in that bitch god damn!! lol. its my man cave, i get excited.:mbiggrin: as you can see im in no hurry on the motor, cause i have a frame in my way. just a little something on the side while i build a new rolling chassis for my nissan. 3/4 frame clip, stock floor body drop, bagged, 22's, and a 302 to top it off. was going to power it via a S2k, but 3 wires it easier for now.

I was thinking a frank setup... other than head and block, what would i need to mount this sucker in and run it. What can i use off the motor im running now? basically a quick run down i guess.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f143/skoolnu2/0804082021.jpg

dude--that is an awesome garage to work in. it wouldve been nice if i was able to control the temperature of my parents' garage:mtongue:
k pro obviously, the crv pass side engine mount, maybe removal of the front sway for an em2 to clear the header, and thats it--everything else bolts on. while its apart though i think i personally would put on the a2 or z3 oil pump, where in the z3 id try and put the k24 balance shafts onto it (maybe doug can chime in on that). i think i have a "im finished" type of swap thread around somewhere.
::edit::
http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47824
here we are...i never got to posting pictures of the header and exhaust...lol--ill try to remember that sometime

MugenReplica
08-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Shoot me a message if you start in on this. I'm only a stones throw from you.:mbiggrin:

Frank is definitely the way to go btw. Port the head out if you get some time too. Your jrsc will like the flow better too.:mbiggrin:

magmagik 1
08-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Like many people have said before, k24 frank.... You will have the best of both worlds, tq and top end.:mbiggrin:

skoolnu
08-07-2008, 02:54 PM
guess ill start shoppin for a block and head then... but first i have to build my chassis. :mcry: thats not a bad thing, metal fab and welding is my thing, but i have been focused on the honda a while now.