PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs

arthur
08-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I want to buy lowering springs, but im not sure which are the best for a dd and eventually get my car to the track. ive read that the eibach pro are the best, but are also the most expensive. What do you think about the neuspeed, h&r or progress springs?? ill be geting also the rear sway bar (22mm)

mustclime
08-04-2008, 10:01 AM
dampers first.......imo:mangel:

ep3 b!tch
08-04-2008, 10:04 AM
progress :]

arthur
08-04-2008, 08:29 PM
dampers first.......imo:mangel:

Why?

Soprano21
08-04-2008, 08:31 PM
H&R's i dont have them but its what im gonna be gettin right now im sittin on Tein S Techs

arthur
08-04-2008, 10:17 PM
H&R's i dont have them but its what im gonna be gettin right now im sittin on Tein S Techs

whats wrong with the tein s??

Soprano21
08-05-2008, 06:35 AM
nothing at all just thinkin of changin it up a little but the stechs are a good choice

mustclime
08-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Why?

The stock dampers in the ep3 are total crap. They are valved for that limo ride feel. Our suspension needs good dampers in order to work right...You will be shocked at how well a good set of dampers will make the ep feel. If you ever get a chance, drive a rsx. The suspensions are the same design yet the rsx "feels" so much better. The big differances between the rsx and the ep3 are the dampers, bushings, spring rates and a larger r sway.

imo, your mod path for suspension should be in this order....wheels and good tires, dampers, suspension bushings, springs and then sways.....you notice the 2 things I put last are the things most n00bs do first? There is a reason for this, sways are the final tuning tool for suspension and are often shanged as spring rates are changed and dampers should be matched to the springs, not the other way around.