PDA

View Full Version : Replacing seats with side airbags

RJG_EP3_612
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Looking to get some new seats, but I currently have stock seats equipped with side airbags. I don't care that I'd be getting rid of them, just wondering how I could keep the SRS light off when they are disconnected.

frm_808
08-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Looking to get some new seats, but I currently have stock seats equipped with side airbags. I don't care that I'd be getting rid of them, just wondering how I could keep the SRS light off when they are disconnected.

jump the wire connections?

VegaS10
08-05-2008, 05:06 AM
The srs system simply unbolts from the side of the stock seat.

Turn the car off.
Unplug srs plugs.
Take stock seats out.
Remove srs system from factory seats, it's 2 bolts per seat.
TRY and attatch the srs system to the new seats.
Bolt new seat in.
Plug in SRS system.

Enjoy.

talonXracer
08-05-2008, 05:52 AM
You will not be able to mount the side airbags to another seat(unless they are another stock seat pan). The airbags sit inside the side bolsters. I dont believe there is a way to fool the SRS ecu into thinking the side airbags are still installed that doesnt require a fair amount of MickeyMouse modding.

L337Ep3
08-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Ah.
If you were to replace the seats in a side airbag EP ad idn't do anything about the SRS light would the rest of the airbags still function properly?

VegaS10
08-06-2008, 04:50 AM
DC5 Recaros have no srs apparatus.

I did exactly as I have explained earlier and it tricks the ecu into thinking the airbags are still hooked up.

No SRS light for me.

shivic
08-26-2008, 09:11 PM
does the us ep3 seats have side airbags stock?

socmex7
08-27-2008, 01:02 AM
does the us ep3 seats have side airbags stock?

i believe on the 04-05's it was. someone correct me if i'm wrong...

Ep3some
08-27-2008, 10:41 AM
i believe on the 04-05's it was. someone correct me if i'm wrong...

I think that was the only option for our cars (excluding the HFP kit). When I bought my '03 new it had them.

Mr_Safeway
02-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Since I don't want to start a new thread (cause I'm not a doucher) I want to piggyback off this one.

I sold my stock srs seats awhile ago and got some ep3r recaros. My SRS light has been going off ever since and haven't cared until now since I want to sell the car.

Anyway, I have tried to do the srs reset to no avail. I am trying to get srs seats, but they have been impossible to find. Is there anyway I would be able to replace my recaros with regular ep3 seats, or how can I get the light to turn off?

usedep3
02-14-2011, 09:49 PM
you need to bypass the srs plug with a resistor. the srs reset will only turn off the srs light after you fix or 'fix' all your srs problems.

Mr_Safeway
02-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Argh, I'm so pissed I sold them. Is this what I need to do to make it work??

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?60428-How-To-Remove-your-OEM-seat-belt-buckle-when-installing-a-Bucket-seat-and-or-Harness&highlight=srs+resistor

ShadowEP3
02-14-2011, 10:27 PM
is it possible to go from non-SRS seats to functioning side SRS seats?

AKEP
02-15-2011, 11:33 AM
you would probably need the interior harness to make it work. who knows.. it was an option in 02-03 models and standard in 04-05 models. idk if the srs computer is different though. you could call honda and ask.

Mr_Safeway
02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
this is such a pita...i might just pull the light bulb out...call it a day.

DA9_GSR
02-16-2011, 01:29 PM
I've installed DC5 Recaro's into my friends USDM DC5 base leather (which also has side airbargs). The problems we ran into are as follows:

- no side airbags in Recaro's causing SRS light
- no OPDS unit or sensors causing SRS light

So here's what I did. When you install the Recaro's, or any other aftermarket seat for that matter, in the car you're left with a yellow connector dangling under the seat. That's for the side airbags. I jumped the two pins with a 2 ohm circuit board resistor and that turned off the SRS light. Until, a day later the light cam back on. It's code was for the OPDS system. Look at this picture:

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/catimgs/14s6m0_b4001.gif

OPDS module - #19
OPDS sensors are in the seatback cushion - #6

So, because the OPDS module and sensors are not plugged into the Recaro's, it's detecting a fault and turning the SRS light on. What I'm in the process of doing is transferring the OPDS module and sensors over to the Recaro seat. Once done, I should be able to connect the connectors and it should turn off the goddamn SRS light.