PDA

View Full Version : Can't shift into gears

Lenus
08-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, let me tell you what happened to me relating this topic. It was December 2007 and my stock clutch was slipping, so I started to search y found that the best combo was a Competition Clutch stage 4 + a2 flywheel. So I got the parts and do the clutch installation.

Everything was going smoothly until mid-june, when I started having problems. I was driving to my GF house and all the sudden I coudn't get into any gears, I started to pump the clutch until it finally went into gear. two days without problem, then it happened again... pumped the clutch and I went home. By members advice, I adjust the CMC pushrod, and it went like a week without problems. It finally came the day when I couldn't get into gear even with pumping the clutch. I order the EX CMC, to see if that could fix the problem to no avail.

I get went to take the transmission off and this is what I found out.
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3807/dsc00078oh5rb1.jpg

all those spring had stuck in the pp and that wouldn't let get into gears. Since I had no time since my car is my DD, I just put in a PP, disc and flywheel of a k24a1 that i have laying around.

Let me tell you, that the car feels great and shift very smoothly:mtongue:. I feel that I stay longer in gears, i think that is because the a1 flywheel is like 2-3 pounds heavier. Also, my turbo spools up very nicely, :mcool: its a greddy kit.

thanks for reading and sorry for the long post.

T_Virus
08-06-2008, 07:16 AM
I can't remember who but I think it was Chunky who had this problem as well and he recommended clutchnet...

RoyVegasPinoy
08-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Damn, I have the same clutch. I definitely recommend clutchnet. Their clutch is designed so that the springs are impossible to fall off. Hopefully my competition stage 4 holds up...

Sir1982
08-06-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm glad your problem was fixed because i had the same problems.

I bought a Bully clutch Stage 3 and my pressure plate is from my clutch Stage 1, that all the springs came out, but the pressure was still re-usable.

I have no more problems and that clutch kick ass now... :mwink:

EP3_U_SEE
08-13-2008, 12:07 AM
i recommend changing tranny oil

EP3_U_SEE
08-13-2008, 11:17 AM
wow.... that is just shitty!!!