PDA

View Full Version : calibration upload ques.

TSI
08-05-2008, 06:56 PM
hey everybody, finally got my ecu back with kpro, i installed everything and i wanna upload the k20a3 greddy 440cc base map.

does the thing really have to be in the car and turned on to upload it? i find that strange since the computer can fully recognize it when im in my room...

also im gonna try the "flash mil when knock detected" and turn on immobilizer, but should i mess with lean protection or anything else yet or what?

ive looked around but like anyone else im new to this. thanks.

Slip_Angle
08-05-2008, 09:03 PM
hey everybody, finally got my ecu back with kpro, i installed everything and i wanna upload the k20a3 greddy 440cc base map.

does the thing really have to be in the car and turned on to upload it? i find that strange since the computer can fully recognize it when im in my room...

also im gonna try the "flash mil when knock detected" and turn on immobilizer, but should i mess with lean protection or anything else yet or what?

ive looked around but like anyone else im new to this. thanks.

You have to have the USB connected in the car with the ignition on but the car off to upload a cal. If it says your connected and not plugged into the USB there is a problem. Check the drivers.. Did you install them?

Yes, turn on flash mil on knock and turn on lean protection. If your boosted used both Lean Protection 1 and 2.

TSI
08-06-2008, 10:06 AM
oh yea i installed the driver as soon as i plug in the ecu the lil thing pops up on the computer and the ecus green light comes on and the red flashes... so im sure everything is fine.

its just while i was waiting for over a month to get my ecu back my battery died.. im gonna jump it today.

and on a side note... when you say on you mean the second on like when you prime the fuel system? just leave it there and then ctrl+u to upload right?

4angrybadgers
08-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Yep.

TSI
08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
yea i uploaded the cal and set immobilizer, flash mil, and lean protection 1 & 2.

it ran pretty good, at one point it lean spiked but it rarely went over 15:1 and after running for a bit it seemed to settle around 13.7 or so.

i do have one question... when i set lean protection 1 had this drop down box and it came in inches and lean protection 2 was in psi... now should i be using these two in conjunction, cause i see they have different rpms and differant fuel A/F... but its in lambda so if i recall lamba is alot higher number wise then the standard way of reading it...

idk what im try to say is, should i set it to.

thetunersource
08-06-2008, 06:34 PM
i wish i had a kpro

Slip_Angle
08-06-2008, 07:01 PM
yea i uploaded the cal and set immobilizer, flash mil, and lean protection 1 & 2.

it ran pretty good, at one point it lean spiked but it rarely went over 15:1 and after running for a bit it seemed to settle around 13.7 or so.

i do have one question... when i set lean protection 1 had this drop down box and it came in inches and lean protection 2 was in psi... now should i be using these two in conjunction, cause i see they have different rpms and differant fuel A/F... but its in lambda so if i recall lamba is alot higher number wise then the standard way of reading it...

idk what im try to say is, should i set it to.

You can leave the defaults for 1 and 2. If you change the drop downs to any of the measurements (PSI, KPa, Inches etc..) kpro will just adjust the value. I would set them both to KPa and then you can then compare them to the columns in the rpm tables.

If you change them, they should say 90Kpa (1) and 110Kpa (2). That corresponds to 8/9 (1) and 9/10 (2) in your rpm tables.

When it lean spiked or went to 15:1 did you hit lean cut? or were you in closed loop? If you hit 15:1 in open loop, it should have felt like you hit a wall as the engine cut all fuel. Did this happen?

TSI
08-07-2008, 04:15 PM
You can leave the defaults for 1 and 2. If you change the drop downs to any of the measurements (PSI, KPa, Inches etc..) kpro will just adjust the value. I would set them both to KPa and then you can then compare them to the columns in the rpm tables.

If you change them, they should say 90Kpa (1) and 110Kpa (2). That corresponds to 8/9 (1) and 9/10 (2) in your rpm tables.

When it lean spiked or went to 15:1 did you hit lean cut? or were you in closed loop? If you hit 15:1 in open loop, it should have felt like you hit a wall as the engine cut all fuel. Did this happen?

thanks for the info, and no i didnt get lean cut. BUT i believe i was still warming up so i should have been in closed loop right?

it deff didnt feel like i hit a wall, the car might say lean or rich somtimes but its really smooth. and it doesnt make funny noises like when i had emanage not to mention it idles around mid high 13s once warmed up, so its nice to know im not coating my turbo/sparkplugs/ everything else with excess fuel.