PDA

View Full Version : stuff on ebay :help

ep3drc
08-06-2008, 04:58 AM
hey there guys i was looking through ebay and i see alot of catback exhausts that are really cheap like 80 dollars more or less i mean i know they arent name brand but they look good , i was wondering if it would be a bad idea to buy that or headers from ebay , will they really give me horsepower ? arent all exhaust the same , or dont they all work the same

theyb
08-06-2008, 05:02 AM
i will only buy from ebay if it's a name brand .

of course they all work differently. No name brand, specially on ebay is a no-no for me.

i believe in "you get what you pay for"

ep3drc
08-06-2008, 05:07 AM
i just wish car parts werent so damn expensive

ohdamngetit
08-06-2008, 05:15 AM

we all do but its never the case. I'm sure you can find some great deals here once in awhile.

for example, I picked up my CTR tail lights here.

ShadySi
08-06-2008, 05:34 AM

listen to my advice then.. don't start modifiying your car. its a bit addictive and it only gets more expensive.. cheap-o parts or not. just don't do it.. you'll be happier if you don't :mangel:

ep3drc
08-06-2008, 05:37 AM
lol i have indash subs drop and intake already all i really want to do to my si is headers , exhaust and maybe cams and a new clutch mines is shit the guy that had my car before idk wtf he was doin wit it , but i peel out alot also so i cant talk lol

oneglory
08-06-2008, 05:43 AM
ebay = buyers beware.

I buy things all the time on ebay but you must be careful.

don't settle for cheap. you'll kick yourself in the ass later for getting poor quality.

just be cautious when buying on ebay.

side opinion:
don't bother with a header or cams.

intake & exhaust will do fine on a stock naturally aspirated engine.

frm_808
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
ebay exhaust wise, sooner or later the welds on the exhaust are more than likely gonna crack and break...

jaeguyoon
08-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I've had:

Magnaflow, HKS, Buddy Club Pro-spec, T1R w/ spoon n1, Tanabe, and an ebay exhaust (tsudo). I thought the quality was very good for what u pay for.

I won't say that the quality was better or even equal to the name brands, but I will say I had no issues with it whatsoever.

EPSU3
08-06-2008, 02:22 PM
just buy yourself a dcrh, megan mid pipe and use your stock axel back. will make a nice sound and keep your cost under $500. way under if you find used ones. Used quality parts are better than new cheapo stuff.

phister
08-06-2008, 03:21 PM
lol i have indash subs drop and intake already all i really want to do to my si is headers , exhaust and maybe cams and a new clutch mines is shit the guy that had my car before idk wtf he was doin wit it , but i peel out alot also so i cant talk lol

We actually have a header lol also if youre going to get cams, depending on which stage you get I'd recommend getting different valve springs and retainers, but you can find those pretty cheap if you get some s2k ones or k20a2. If you really want a header check out the classifeds, people are always selling shorty header for a cheap, then just buy a megan midpipe and use your stock axle back and you should be good to go. But I say just save up on all that and get KPRO!!!