PDA

View Full Version : Comptech Icebox help! ASAP

0h5ive_EP3
08-06-2008, 11:50 AM
alright so i bought a used ct icebox and attempted to install it today.

Everything was going great until I realized I am missing a page of the instructions and the bracket to connect the lower tubing to the car itself. I also didnt add any of the rubber bushings on the ct box that were originally from the stock box b/c I didn't have any directions on how to install, just the ones on how to remove the stock box! if anybody can help me out or post up some detailed pics of the lower tubing and the bolts that connect the box itself to the car, that'd be great!!! Thanx in advance! I appreciate it!

the box uses the same mounting points as stock. i believe there are 3. i dont think you can do without the stock bushings.

the snorkel has 1 bracket at the bottom that connects it to the transmission. it's really not needed since the snorkel is fastened to the box. or you can try just not using it. i've been wanting to take my snorkel off, but haven't had the time to take the box apart.

there is a bracket on the transmission (in front of the cable) that needs to be removed so the the snorkel can fit.

T_Virus
08-06-2008, 05:29 PM
nice intake box...must be used...