PDA

View Full Version : Saw my first EP on the road today.

FailureToStop
11-24-2002, 10:05 AM
...well other than mine.

I took a trip down to the border from LA to break in my EP. On the 5 I saw a silver bone stock EP (just like mine). The driver was a 45'ish hispanic guy. Wonder if he is a poster/lurker here? :)

So halfway or so I stop at a rest stop to take a pee. I come out and go to the parking lot and stick my keys in the door. I apply slight pressure and it is not turning. Before I used more pressure, I notice that the door was open. I stand there for a second and notice that there is a bunch of shiet in the car that isn't mine. All of a sudden that 45'ish hispanic guy chuckles and then it clicks... my bad. This wasn't my car! :D

Jesus how stupid can I be?

Anyways, the trip was otherwise uneventful. I have '89 Si and I found that the EP has a more jarring ride and has a lot less road noise. Turning in a slight bend/corner on the freeway I can say that I didn't have as much confidence with EP as with the '89. The EP had more body roll and it felt like it was about to slip (steering got lighter and a little vague). Oh well... maybe new tires or a longer break in period will make it better.

ep pilot
11-24-2002, 02:02 PM
Thats pretty cool you saw another (ep) If I where you I would extend your initial break-in past the miles you just put on the car. as part of a proper break-in would subject the car to various cold starts, short runs to the store, stop and go traffic. A single 800-1000 mile trip will not break the car in, as your driving is too consistant.

-Ryan

IceD out N CALI
11-24-2002, 02:10 PM
yeah its cool to see another one on the road (rare) especially when its the first time