PDA

View Full Version : Hello All...

JDMtunerEP3
08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Hello All,

My name's Al and i purchased an 02 EP3 a few months ago and finally decided it be a good choice to join a forum that deals only with the EP3's. I've bounced back and forth from Hondas and DSMs throughout the years and after selling my Galant VR4 I had to go back to the super reliable, gas saving, Honda! My EP3 is 100% stock for now but i do have plans. I actually just ordered a few parts and will post pics up soon. I do paint and prep work and have a few things to take care of before posting pics because only after a few months of owning my Civ someone decided to key both sides of the car. Thank God i paint!
Anyways I look forward to being a part of the forum and help to anyone who needs it.

Thanks,
Al

magmagik 1
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Welcome and enjoy your stay. :mbiggrin:

shelbz
08-06-2008, 10:25 PM
welcome to EPhatch!! :mcool:

SI in GA
08-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Welcome, looking forward to seeing your ride as you work on it.

FoReVaPmP
08-08-2008, 09:10 AM
:mredface: Click the linx in my sig.

:welcome: and hop to meet you at the BBQ!!!!:whoo:

Tnhatch03
08-08-2008, 09:41 AM
welcome...

and click the link in my sig too.

EggShellSi
08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
damn haters... anyways, Welcome :mbiggrin:

JDMtunerEP3
08-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys! I hope to be painting it before september hits but works been nuts. Its kind of hard to want to paint for your after you spend your entire week painting others people cars but it will be done soon enough. So like i said before i'll have pics up shortly with my new parts added on and all.......

CastorTroy2
08-11-2008, 01:05 AM
up for maryland!

welcome hope to see you around

D3xn2o
08-11-2008, 01:45 AM
Welcome!!!!

AND!!!

:pics:

I Had to do it hehehe:mbiggrin:

ep3er
08-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Welcome newbie!

JDMtunerEP3
08-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks!

I'm going in the shop this weekend to take apart the ride and get it ready for paint so i can spray it this coming weekend.

I'll post pics as the project goes along.

I'm eliminating the side marker lights as well as doing a simple two tone job.

I hope it comes out sweet!!!

Passenger
08-15-2008, 09:38 PM
what colors are you interested in??
+ Welcome dude!

JDMtunerEP3
08-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Well i really wanted to keep it simple and do NH Black and Taffy White.

I've seen some two tone jobs where the body lines used but i'm not a big fan of that on the ep3s.

I'll probably use the NH Black as an accent and do the hood, roof, hatch, etc. straight back black and leave the rest of the body Taffy White.

Still unsure though.

I was actually gonna do the tri-coat Milano Red in between to set the two colors apart better so it didn't look so awkward.

I just don't want to get to crazy since it's my daily driver that's why i'll most likely go with some simple yet nice.

talonXracer
08-16-2008, 07:59 AM
Welcome to EPhatch!

I too am from the DSM camp, had the timing belt jump timing and I sold the Talon as it sat in a parking lot and bought the EP3 back in 02'.

JDMtunerEP3
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Got another set back today on painting the car!

I pulled the bumpers off and inspected them and come to find out they were repaired before and seriously jacked up.

I am ordering two new bumpers tomorrow and hopefully i can get back on track.

I took the fog lights out as well and am most likely replacing them now.

It's just insane when u start a project...

Seems like every single thing that u pull apart has to be fixed or replaced.

Maybe i'm just anal about my car but i want it done right!

mattism78
08-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Welcome! I'm trying to find someone locally who can hook me up on some body work. My EP isn't perfect but it could be with minimal work. I'd personally stick with a single color scheme but to each's own.

JDMtunerEP3
08-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah i hear ya on the color scheme but it's so hard when u paint to paint your entire car knowing you can do some much to it and why do it twice when you can do it once.

I'm still really unsure on what i want to do with the car.

Everyone says two toning it is played out but what isn't at this point.

Almost everything has been done under the sun to civics so i just want to ad my own touch even if i'm not the first to do it...lord knows i won't be the last!

Anyway man good luck with getting the body work taken car of, wish you were closer i'd hook it up for ya!