PDA

View Full Version : Help me please! Brake light is off, but bulb is still on

Kaiten
08-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey guys
I just noticed last night that my right brake light isn't coming on, but the light is still on when i turn my lights on, so the bulb isn't burnt out. I checked the fuses but couldn't find any for brake lights, am I not seeing it? Any idea what could be the problem?

thanks very much you guys.

oldschoolimport
08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
you probably have the wrong bulb i it. I had one burn out, and grabbed (I think it was) an 1157. the problem is, the EP tail bulb is the opposite of a standard bulb. the brighter filament is on the side for the running tail, so when the running tail is on, it looks like the brake pedal is pressed. the proper taillamp number is 7528. http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

bigred
08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Well the brake light bulb has 2 fillaments inside the bulb...one for the parking lights(when u turn on ur headlights) and the other for when u push the brakes. One fillament can burn out while the other is fine. So i would try replacing the bulb...their only a few dollars. Cant hurt anything right...

phister
08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
well I believe our brake light has two light wires (dunno what you call it) inside the bulb. So your light will still come on when you have your lights on but the other wire that lights on for your brakes might be burnt out. Take out the bulb and check to see if one of the wires is blown. We have fuses for our brakes dont remember if its in your cabin fuse box or under the hood but we have them. Hope that helps out

Kaiten
08-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys, I'll go pick up a bulb and check it out tomorrow

K-Shark
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys, I'll go pick up a bulb and check it out tomorrow

i had the same problem and i just replaced the bulb...

it's as simple as that...

the bulbs are super cheap!