PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky Clutch?

Str3tch
08-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Everytime I engage my clutch you can hear a squeak and feel it vibrate through my pedal. I went underneath my clutch and sprayed large amounts of silicon spray up there, but I can still hear that damn noise, and its annoying. Am i doing something wrong? I'd appreciate any help. (Sorry if I posted this underneath car care, I couldnt decide where else to post it at.)

ep3 b!tch
08-07-2008, 04:40 PM
I have the same problem.
:mmad: I have no idea what it is.

Gargola
08-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Everytime I engage my clutch you can hear a squeak and feel it vibrate through my pedal. I went underneath my clutch and sprayed large amounts of silicon spray up there, but I can still hear that damn noise, and its annoying. Am i doing something wrong? I'd appreciate any help. (Sorry if I posted this underneath car care, I couldnt decide where else to post it at.)

I think read somewhere on here the squeaky clutch issue might be due to a defect in the clutch master cylinder... if I find the thread.. I'll post it.

:ninjaedit:

found it.... http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38559&highlight=squeaky+clutch&page=2
last page.... looks like it's a tsb...

15000rpms
08-07-2008, 07:48 PM
I heard that it was a throw out bearing or something like that.
Mine is sqeaking 95% of the time. I think it's because I double clutch too much and wore it out.

civsirmt
08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
try white lithium greese on the pedal arm under the dash.

mattism78
08-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Mine started squeaking when I adjusted the pedal height. I'm going to glob it with some grease in hopes of getting the mouse to go away. I'll keep you posted.

ep3drc
08-08-2008, 12:45 AM
clutch squealing is very common on ep's i think , mines does too idc i have my music blastin all day anyways

ep3drc
08-08-2008, 12:47 AM
mines goes off as im im easing the clutch out slowly never as i press it

wishbear
08-15-2008, 12:34 PM
try to get some oil under the pedal

xhx
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Lube probably won't help. You need to adjust your clutch pedal pushrod; there was a DIY from GearheadGeek before the meltdown, but it's pretty straightforward The text from the original post is here (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showpost.php?p=547728&postcount=6). I think it's also described in the service manual.

I did this and it got rid of my squeaking, no oil/graphite/etc. required.

wishbear
08-15-2008, 02:03 PM
when i had this problem i thought it was a master cylinder but i justed lubed my pedal it worked thats why i suggested it to him

drjd888
08-15-2008, 05:57 PM
If you're still under warranty take it to the stealership, and they should replace your master cylinder.

BigLon30
08-15-2008, 08:47 PM
If you're still under warranty take it to the stealership, and they should replace your master cylinder.

There was a service bulletin about this problem . I can't find the link to it though sorry. I had mine fixed for free at a dealer when the car was still under warranty about a year and half ago but I just recently started hearing it again :mfrown:

skep18
08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
put lithium grease on the sping and lever joint.

:yeahthat:

Your clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder are fine more than likely. If there's a notch or clicking noise, very distinctive, then you may have issues with those, but if it's only the squeek, than Lithium Grease will take car of the issue. It just a lack of proper lubrication. :mbiggrin:

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Lube probably won't help. You need to adjust your clutch pedal pushrod; there was a DIY from GearheadGeek before the meltdown, but it's pretty straightforward The text from the original post is here (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showpost.php?p=547728&postcount=6). I think it's also described in the service manual.

i read the link thouroughly and i cannot see why adjusting the pedal pushrod would remove squeaking noises....

anyone explain?
perhaps if someone explained why the clutch pedals squeaks and how adjusting the push rod directly affects squeaking it would help.

bearcat91
07-23-2011, 09:11 PM
mines goes off as im im easing the clutch out slowly never as i press it
That's what mine did...sprayed some lube up by the pedal and went away....for about a month.

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-23-2011, 09:33 PM

i read the link thouroughly and i cannot see why adjusting the pedal pushrod would remove squeaking noises....

anyone explain?
perhaps if someone explained why the clutch pedals squeaks and how adjusting the push rod directly affects squeaking it would help.

??

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-23-2011, 09:35 PM
That's what mine did...sprayed some lube up by the pedal and went away....for about a month.

did you use white lithium grease?
if you used a lubricant that isnt permanent such as wd40 itll evaporate and then the squeak will come back. (logically thinking)

there is also apparently another fix. to which i don't understand how it even works.?

i11 b3havior
07-24-2011, 06:32 AM
it sounds to me like it is your clutch master cylinder ! there is a honda tsb on it I am a assistant service manager at acura and just had mine replaced under honda care but if you find the right advisor at a good dealership they may take care of it for you but they do not have to because a tsb is not a recall !

NEO_FOLLOWER2
07-24-2011, 07:38 AM
a technical service bulletin should be a free service whether or not you are in warranty, or it should at least be a discounted service once you're off warranty....in my opinion

but o well.

bearcat91
07-24-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't think the op ever clarified if it sounds like from the actual clutch or the clutch pedal...this info could help. How ever the clutch pedal seems to be a popular issue.

And NEO I did use wd40 maybe that would explain it. Ill give lithium grease a shot! Thanks

i11 b3havior
07-24-2011, 06:25 PM
a technical service bulletin should be a free service whether or not you are in warranty, or it should at least be a discounted service once you're off warranty....in my opinion

but o well.

i do agree with you but that isnt the case ! i have customers all the time that say there is a tsb on the old tl's transmission and they are the 6th owner and never been to a dealership before in there life with a car that has 200k on it wanting there free !!! its not going to happen !!!

Marc-111
11-22-2011, 09:26 PM
had the same problem on mine before....i just oiled it up

ep-unit
11-25-2011, 03:57 PM
I just sprayed oil on mine today, hope it doesn't come back

Jmage
11-25-2011, 04:05 PM
It is a design flaw in our CMC. It's not propely greased at the factory before putting it in our car. So it works for a bit then need Grease and get damaged. It doesn't matter how many times or how much grease you put on it it will come back. The only way to get it done for good is ordering a new CMC from an EX civic #46920-S5A-G04 and apply more grease on it before installing.

talonXracer made a whole thread about this. Adjusting the pushrod just make the rod go more "straight" into the cylinder so less friction but it's not the best thing for your clutch.