02blksi
11-24-2002, 01:35 PM
Catch can.

02blksi
11-24-2002, 01:36 PM
simple green loves my engine bay!!!

02blksi
11-24-2002, 01:38 PM
and last but not least. :) Installed Ephatch.com decal.

ssvr6
11-24-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
Catch can.

What is that for?

Steve

myeverlovinsir
11-24-2002, 02:00 PM
Nice work, I see that you have a good pic showing your
catch can. Tks. This is a sealed unit I assume.
about the location and tube lengths. I think the tube lengths
themselves could increase the raction time at the intake manifold.
What does the connection at the PCV look like? Did you remove the PCV assy altogether?

Would there be any problem with locating this item closer to the PCV assy?
http://ephatch.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=53873

02blksi
11-24-2002, 02:03 PM
ssrv6 here you go taken from my thread in the engine forum asking where hte PCV valve was (thanks myeverlovin) :)

"the goal to a "catch can " is nothing more than to collect more oil that leaves your oem pcv valve and goes into your manifold. basically that can that i drew has baffles in it and/or steel wool, what it does is takes the oily steam/hydrocarbons etc and collects it inside the can therefore getting rid of the majority of oil that would normally find its way back into your intake stream (not good) leaving a cleaner vapor (for lack of a better word) to now re-enter your intake.

1. less prone to detonation -Octane rating kept.
2. cleaner valves
3. cleaner intake track
4. possibly less emissions especially at higher rpms when the oem pcv unit tends not to work well when fully actuated. Letting a fair amount of oil seep through it.

This catch can is used widly by realtime racing, and other well known track racers. NOT needed for regular street driven cars, but i have already raced my car @ LRP and plan on attending more events. (roadcourses).. so for me its worthwhile. --JOE "

CgSi
11-24-2002, 02:07 PM
Budlight goes well with car detailing:p

02blksi
11-24-2002, 02:19 PM
myeverlovin:
"Nice work, I see that you have a good pic showing your
catch can. Tks. This is a sealed unit I assume.
about the location and tube lengths. I think the tube lengths
themselves could reduce the raction time at the intake manifold.
What does the connection at the PCV look like? Did you remove the PCV assy altogether?

Would there be any problem with locating this item closer to the PCV assy? "

1. yes it is a sealed unit with a drain on the bottom.
2. Realtime acura has the same location of their catch can. I really dont think that the lenght of the tube has any effect whatsoever, since the car is not really using the gases that escape through the pcv, all im doing is filtering it and returning it. Maybe on startup the air takes a milisecond to get into the intake manifold, but once its running since its a sealed unit air enters and escapes like normal. You can try to find a location closer to the PCV if thats your boat, but there really is no room on that side with the coolant resevoir tank, abs unit, idler pulley. ahh well, good luck.
3. PCV looks like (see pic below ) :)

CGSI- yes sir it does:)

myeverlovinsir
11-24-2002, 02:44 PM
don't ask why I was looking this up but cgsi is an acronym (http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=CGSI). lol:D

02blksi
11-24-2002, 04:11 PM
coast guard and india? hmmmm CGSI whats up? :)

CgSi
11-24-2002, 05:05 PM
;)
C O N F I D E N T I A L

ULTRAMANIA
11-25-2002, 03:13 AM
that is one Fing clean car.. damn black looks so freakin' nice when it's clean like that... your car is so clean it almost looks like it has a tint of blue it in... heh...

ssvr6
11-25-2002, 04:48 AM
Why couldn't you mount it ont the other side of the engine bay? (Just curious.)

Steve

02blksi
11-25-2002, 06:13 AM
"You can try to find a location closer to the PCV if thats your boat, but there really is no room on that side with the coolant resevoir tank,winshield fluid resevoir, abs unit, idler pulley. ahh well, good luck. "

As posted earlier in the thread. FYI Realtime racing uses the same location of their catch can. :) -Joe

02blksi
11-25-2002, 06:14 AM
Ultramania, Thanks for the compliments Thats the first one I have received all thread long !! LOL :) --Joe.

BarracksSi
11-25-2002, 08:34 PM
Yup, the Nighthawk Black Pearl has a hint of blue in it. I'd say it makes it look wet even when it's dry.

I just washed & waxed mine a few days ago, and under certain lighting from the right angle at a gas station, I swore that it reflected so much of its surroundings that it started to disappear... LOL

ULTRAMANIA
11-25-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
Ultramania, Thanks for the compliments Thats the first one I have received all thread long !! LOL :) --Joe.

hey no prob.. but really? that was the only compliment? personally i think black that is really really clean like your ride in that pic looks the best.. but black that is dirty, would look the worst.. if i could keep a black car that clean on a regular basis then i would have gotten a black one as well.....

myeverlovinsir
11-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA

hey no prob.. but really? that was the only compliment? personally i think black that is really really clean like your ride in that pic looks the best.. but black that is dirty, would look the worst.. if i could keep a black car that clean on a regular basis then i would have gotten a black one as well.....

yeah, and Nice work there jeblonski, I thought you did a real
nice job o shining there. Looks like mine.looks like liquid metal;)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/p32bc67e692c3e6dce3eb45cf48ff1c42/fd10f6d7.jpg

golferjn
11-25-2002, 11:26 PM
all the pics look really nice guys. very clean. good job

its raining
11-28-2002, 01:14 AM
amazing jobs. question, how long does it take for you guys to wash your cars like that? and don't you get cold? i see the kid in the background is wearing a pretty thick jacket. i hate washing when its cold, but my car is in need of a wash.

02blksi
11-28-2002, 08:27 AM
Well that particular detail job that i did last sunday, Took me about 3 hrs (2 hrs washing and waxing car), 1 hr misc and engine detailing. Oh, yes you are very observant :), Its cold here in New England right now, Temps that day werent to bad about 43 deg. but sunny, cool paint is always better when waxing IMO --Thanks --Joe. :) :)

its raining
11-28-2002, 01:31 PM
wow, u spend quite a lot of time on keeping your car clean. i really really want to wash my car, but its a little cold outside. i live in texas and i think its in the 40's now. its too cold for me to wash my car i think. so do you guys recommend just going to one of those no touch car wash things? like the ones at chevron? haha. thanks.

i-WERKS
11-28-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
that is one Fing clean car.. damn black looks so freakin' nice when it's clean like that... your car is so clean it almost looks like it has a tint of blue it in... heh...

There is actually a blue sparkle in the nighthawk black pearl paint. It's only visible in direct sunlight.

BarracksSi
11-29-2002, 09:49 AM
Cold, schmold, whatever -- wash yer car... lol

The only time you'd have to worry about anything is when the weather gets below freezing. I used to have the predictable problem with my doors freezing shut if I washed when it was ten degrees outside.

When I washed & waxed last week, it was about 40-45 or so. I just wore some extra sweatpants & a sweatshirt. I also used a bucket instead of a hose (such is having an apartment in the city), and my hands got cold, but so waht -- the car got washed, waxed, and protected.

That's another thing -- so what if the weather's going to get worse, this is a good time to make sure the paint is protected. Might as well do the job before it gets really cold.

IceD out N CALI
11-29-2002, 03:30 PM
thats as clean as they come