PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Tie Rods good idea or not?

DJMOORE
08-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I have a question about when should you get inverted tie rod ends if at all? I am lowering her about 2 inches on Progress springs. I am getting all my parts together and doing it right the first and hopefully the only time. I do not want to get the steering creek. Is T1R the only company that makes them or do you guys have a better solution for that problem? I am only DD the hatch no track time or racing just mainly for looks until I swap in a year or so (whole other conversation). What do you guys feel is the best fix for the tie rod angle?

wizDUMB
08-08-2008, 10:08 AM
there use to be another company that made inverted tie rods, but that was the site crashed ... to be honest, i have the t1r on my ride but i'm lower then 2 inches so i pretty much need them, i think the inverted tie rods will definately do the trick and prevent you from that infamous steering creek only because it keeps the steering arms more straight

Tnhatch03
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Oneglory use to sell the inverted tie rods. i am not sure if he has them around or not, i doubt it, but it never hurts to ask.

Zzyzx
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
That steering rack creak is ride height independant, as just as many Stock EP3's developed it as lowered...

Which is why there was a service buliten about it.

DJMOORE
08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Well I don't not have it as of yet (knock on wood) and I want to keep it that way. I was also looking at the thread about the bracket that goes on the rack itself some guy on clubrsx makes it. It looks like it will work I have only seen one person that has it here. Is he still making them and how much? I think those two parts would be nice pieces if they work.

v1c10us
08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd say that almost all of the peope who have it are lowered, which doesnt say much considering almost everyone is lowered, but I would also say that almost all who arent lowered dont have it.

DJMOORE
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Yeah I fugure I will get it sooner or later but the later the better.

bigo711
08-08-2008, 03:17 PM
you drop is really low, so I will definitely correct the angle.
here is my opinion.
If you know how to or willing to try to install, get the "corrected steering bracket".
It will cost a fortune to get the shop to install for you.

Or just get the inverted tie rod end, I have it and no problem. It 10 times easier to install, and you can definitely do it yourself if you can do oil change.

Another member I know has it on his Type R. he even tracks it. No problem
I autocross my car and I daily drive it. No problem yet.
Maybe 1 year later, I'll need to replace the rod end, but so far so good.
Overall, I would say it's a pretty rigid piece.

DJMOORE
08-08-2008, 04:12 PM
I am capable of working on small stuff that does not require a lift, the steering bracket is cheaper than the tie rods so Ithink I will give it a try if I can still get one.

Thanks for all the feed back guys/girls.

kingphoenix07
08-13-2008, 02:42 PM
u misread..the braket may be cheaper...but a lil more difficult to install.
I am currently looking into purchasing t1r's or akom racings....haven't decided tho.

EP34ME
08-14-2008, 01:11 AM
T1R's

EP3_U_SEE
08-14-2008, 01:14 AM
t1r's break..... 0857 is 100% better....seen a bunch on crsx break!

spydur
08-14-2008, 04:28 AM
See my recent posting on "Correctional Steering Rack Bracket". I think it's your answer. It sounds like its installation takes some time, but you should be able to do it yourself while listening to a football game in under four hours,

S P Y D U R
SAIL-ON!