PDA

View Full Version : K24A2 Potential?

yugisama
08-09-2008, 09:44 PM
I am debating between K20A2 and K24A2, and I would like to know how is the K24A2 engine's potential? are there lot of upgrade part for it like the K20A2?

Deadphishy
08-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I am debating between K20A2 and K24A2, and I would like to know how is the K24A2 engine's potential? are there lot of upgrade part for it like the K20A2?

You need to do some reading about both motors. For the most part, anything you get for a k20a2 will work on a k24a2. except rods.

yugisama
08-10-2008, 10:56 PM
how about LSD for the tranny?

clizoman
08-10-2008, 11:30 PM
you cant use the tsx trans casing. wont fit in the chassis.

you can swap the gears over and then add lsd!..im running a type R lsd in my casing and it works just fine. i prefer a 5spd gear set over 6spd, its close enough already and i dont wanna be shifting every 2 sec. if you think about its delay time. think about going through an internsection. youd be in 3rd with a 6spd gear box by the end of the internsection, while 2nd in a 5spd. ..or just go with a custom gear set.

alot of k24a2 stuff fits..what exactly are you looking to upgrade..please specify

yugisama
08-11-2008, 10:30 PM
you cant use the tsx trans casing. wont fit in the chassis.

you can swap the gears over and then add lsd!..im running a type R lsd in my casing and it works just fine. i prefer a 5spd gear set over 6spd, its close enough already and i dont wanna be shifting every 2 sec. if you think about its delay time. think about going through an internsection. youd be in 3rd with a 6spd gear box by the end of the internsection, while 2nd in a 5spd. ..or just go with a custom gear set.

alot of k24a2 stuff fits..what exactly are you looking to upgrade..please specify

I am thinking keeping it NA so upgrade part I guess will be like cams, pistons, or whatever can make more hp or torque on the engine without going F/I. so if I want a 6 spd tranny, will I need one from the K20A or A2?

davisj3537
08-12-2008, 10:05 AM
ZOMG! Search dude. This has all been covered...

yugisama
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
ZOMG! Search dude. This has all been covered...

the info is too scatter.

Kerby
08-16-2008, 05:04 AM
you know... I have to agree with you on that.

We should have a ephatch manifesto. Have (1) thread with all these links to all possible setups. Either that orcut and paste all pertinent info and make posts.

Deadphishy
08-16-2008, 05:37 AM
the info is too scatter.

best way to learn is by discovery.

If you really want to know about k20's and k24's you need to do your own research, you need to read thread after thread, and sift through the BS and the good stuff.

If you want to be spoon fed then just know you'll never be able to feed yourself. And one day there won't be someone around to feed you, that day you will starve.

2004ep3hatch
08-16-2008, 05:48 AM
cmon guys help him out instead of telling him to search. I don't have either motor so i cnat say to much.

I would rather have a k24a2 because its bigger basically and it dose have real vtec. You need to take care of the water port if i remember. have to close it up or route it somewhere. k20a2 is drop right in from what i understand.

You want all motor. k24a2 with upgraded pistons and rods to rev higher and IPS cams for the icing on the cake.

I have a k24a1 motor, i want to boost it soon and it has low compression which is ideal. k24a2 is higher like the a2.

if im wrong anybody please let me know.

yugisama
08-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I did found some info that I need but I can't seems to find the answer to one of my question. If I go with the K24, I know only certain header can be install with it and most of them is Race Header.

I live in CA and want to keep my cat on, is there a way to put a cat on with the race header or is there a header that doesn't eliminate the cat and work with K24?

civicsibaby04
08-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I did found some info that I need but I can't seems to find the answer to one of my question. If I go with the K24, I know only certain header can be install with it and most of them is Race Header.

I live in CA and want to keep my cat on, is there a way to put a cat on with the race header or is there a header that doesn't eliminate the cat and work with K24?

any brand shorty headers will fit on any k24 with out a problem

talonXracer
08-17-2008, 05:43 PM
You can have a cat installed with most race headers. But you have to deal with some true gestapo attitudes out there in Cali regarding the exhaust.

yugisama
08-17-2008, 06:07 PM
any brand shorty headers will fit on any k24 with out a problem

I currently have a comptech shorty for my K20A3, will that fit?

yugisama
08-17-2008, 06:16 PM
You can have a cat installed with most race headers. But you have to deal with some true gestapo attitudes out there in Cali regarding the exhaust.

is it a bolt on to the header or is it need to be weld on?

civicsibaby04
08-17-2008, 06:16 PM
yeah you good