PDA

View Full Version : Back up beeper?

DRP967
08-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Anyone here running a back up beeper (you know the "beep, beep, beep" tone thingy when a truck/commercial vehicle backs up)? Id like to know what brand/model you are running and where did you purchase it and for how much. Also if you could post up a video that would be great as well, thanks in advance.

P.S. my ep is an 05, is my back up light a 7506 or 1156?
Heres a bulb i found w built in alarm:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/wcsstore/jcwhitney/images/imagecache/G_11378G_SW_1.jpg;pv4d7a97d28a56a1fb
Anyone run this bulb?

*okay i found out this bulb is compatible with my ep, i ordered it just now. (from JC Whitney) Its 100 decibels of pure safety. :-O

tonysi
08-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Why?:shrug:

Canuck Civic
08-10-2008, 10:32 PM
He just said pure safety lol

DRP967
08-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Why?:shrug:

He just said pure safety lol

1. To alert people/cars when im reversing. :)

2. Yep i feel its just a good thing to have, imo all cars should have one. :mbiggrin::mredface:

Tnhatch03
08-10-2008, 10:41 PM
when you are going in reverse, just honk the horn...hahaha.

benkieboy
08-10-2008, 11:10 PM

or just shout "beep beep beep" lol! j/k.

i found one in a carwash store near my place. it's a small black sticker you stick on the lens of the car. i think it's less than 15 bucks. it's a size of a matchbox. it goes "beep beep" when it senses light.

Tnhatch03
08-10-2008, 11:15 PM

i found one in a carwash store near my place. it's a small black sticker you stick on the lens of the car. i think it's less than 15 bucks. it's a size of a matchbox. it goes "beep beep" when it senses light.

just holler, "i am backin up biatches, watch out!!"... hahaha.

Tortoise
08-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Haha i might get that bulb jus for the fuck of it...how much?

DRP967
08-11-2008, 06:54 AM

just holler, "i am backin up biatches, watch out!!"... hahaha.

1. lol :mbiggrin:

2. The human voice isnt the same....:mredface:

3. I saw that on the internet
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/rodi_2015_9146760

4. :mbiggrin:

DRP967
08-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Haha i might get that bulb jus for the fuck of it...how much?

I paid $36.97 from JC Whitney, it would have been cheaper but i added $ for rush delivery.

Heitzke
08-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I paid $36.97 from JC Whitney, it would have been cheaper but i added $ for rush delivery.

Hahahha, hilarious. I think it's an awesome idea personally. It sounds like a lot of fun to have (for a while anyway)

DRP967
08-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Hahahha, hilarious. I think it's an awesome idea personally. It sounds like a lot of fun to have (for a while anyway)

Hehe yeah it really is for safety purposes but the "shits and giggles" factor is definately there. Its funny (at least to me it is) to witness/hear since you'd never expect a sport compact to make the "beep, beep, beep" noise that commercial vans/trucks make when reversing. :mbiggrin:

Chad
08-11-2008, 08:05 AM
It ain't gonna fit

A, Different Socket, the websites lie

b, too big around to fit thru the hole I believe.

DRP967
08-11-2008, 09:50 AM
It ain't gonna fit

A, Different Socket, the websites lie

b, too big around to fit thru the hole I believe.

Well see, even it doesn't fit the ep its not a problem since my aunt is planning to put one on her Chevy cargo van. Thats why we just ordered one for now.

Tnhatch03
08-11-2008, 09:55 AM
you will be a true mini van. hehehe.

when you get it, post up a video and pics.

DRP967
08-11-2008, 02:51 PM

haha yep if its fits the ep which it should according to JC Whitney ill try to get one of my friends with a video cam to to record it. The bulb w/built in alarm is listed at 100 decibels, i assume thats loud enough. :-O

EP3_U_SEE
08-13-2008, 12:05 PM
hahahaha...

or in vietnam there cars play like a melody when they back up!!!!

frm_808
08-13-2008, 11:08 PM
sometime i turn on my hazards in more crowded areas..seems badass IMO

but keep the reverse buzzer for commercial use..i work on trucks everyday shit gets annoyin sometims

mattism78
08-14-2008, 06:28 AM
I cannot think of a single instance where I have needed a back-up alarm on my car. That will be great if you're up early/late and trying to leave somewhere without making a bunch of noise. Sh-t, I have to push it out in neutral. I don't want to wake everyone up with my 100db back up alarm. It's a friggin compact not a semi.

Chad
08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I cannot think of a single instance where I have needed a back-up alarm on my car. That will be great if you're up early/late and trying to leave somewhere without making a bunch of noise. Sh-t, I have to push it out in neutral. I don't want to wake everyone up with my 100db back up alarm. It's a friggin compact not a semi.

Then go balls out and get the dump-truck beeper!

I'd put one on the wife's SUV but picnic tables and poles can't run out of the way!

I'm going straight to hell for that one :mredface::mangel:

Lucid Moments
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Then go balls out and get the dump-truck beeper!

I'd put one on the wife's SUV but picnic tables and poles can't run out of the way!

I'm going straight to hell for that one :mredface::mangel:

Probably not straight to hell, but maybe to the couch tonight.:mconfused::mbiggrin:

icarus.na
08-14-2008, 11:13 AM

YES! a video of what pure safety would sound like would be entertaining.

NitroBoarder
08-14-2008, 04:12 PM

I just recorded one from a semi-truck, put it on my ipod, and I just roll my windows down and crank up the volume when I back-up:lol:

Chad
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
I just recorded one from a semi-truck, put it on my ipod, and I just roll my windows down and crank up the volume when I back-up:lol:

Throw that shit up on some analysis software, find out what freq it is and the on/off duration and I'll post up an uber-clean version ;) I'll just build it up in SoundForge :mangel:

FWIW the beeper in a honda EP3 is 2.5KhZ, because when I do RTA work I have to look at it all the time when I open my door!

VegaS10
08-14-2008, 07:41 PM
What do you use for RTA? Audiocontrol?

Chad
08-14-2008, 10:00 PM
What do you use for RTA? Audiocontrol?
The one and only SmaartLive, for life :mangel:

The only way to fly, The SA3050 is like trying to drink beer out of a garden hose going full tilt ;)

1/3 octave resolution ain't gonna cut it :gheywa:

It's transfer functon based. One channel goes to the rig in the car AND the sound card loop (I hardwire it in) the other channel is a mic, it's transfer based, it's comparing the guzinta and the cumzata, WONDERFUL for aligning time alignment and getting a really good grasp as to what's going on.

best to use an external sound card, the M-Audio MobilePre USB can be had for a good used price, and has phantom power o tap for even a large format side-address if you dig live recording :mbiggrin:

VegaS10
08-15-2008, 05:01 AM
gotcha.

DRP967
08-16-2008, 10:16 AM
*update

The bulb didn't fit the ep (connector was different and even if it did connect, the bulb wouldn't fit through the socket hole in the taillight). So we put the thing in my aunt's Chevy cargo van, direct plug and play. Too bad it didnt fit the ep but at least it fit my aunt's van so no money wasted. Btw the unit doesnt seem that loud imo, definately not 100 decibels. :mconfused::mredface:

wishbear
08-16-2008, 10:35 AM
my dad made this beeping alarm in his truck that when he backs up it beeps when hes near a car so he wont hit it. and it beeps louder and louder when you get closer and closer to a car lolz