PDA

View Full Version : Type R, soon to be a reality

3rdhatch
11-24-2002, 06:59 PM
So I went to my local dealership today to look at the VBP si. It looked very good. Then he asked about my Si and told me he owned one. This guy was very cool. He is like the owner/manager of the dealership. But anyways, he told me that 100 percent for sure the type r would be hitting our shores! It will be introduced in the 2004 lineup. The only color that he was sure of was the Championship White. Told me that they would run anywere from 22,500-24,000. Said that they were introducing it to battle with the new lancer, neon, etc. Anyways he said that if I traded my car in I would be able to make really small payments towards it. I thought this would be something everyone would like to know. Once again this is what he told me not some rumor I heard or something, so take it how you want it. I'll take it in Championship White in 2004!

2fastcivic
11-24-2002, 07:10 PM
he's bsing you

jaydub
11-24-2002, 07:42 PM
He's full of shit.

IceD out N CALI
11-24-2002, 07:46 PM
riiiggghht

odyessy SI
11-24-2002, 08:07 PM
trusting a car dealership owner...:(

DJQuikFingaz
11-24-2002, 08:10 PM
BULLSHIT. ;)

chakra71
11-24-2002, 08:14 PM
i'm smelling bullshit while crossing my fingers and plotting a trade :D :p

jaydub
11-24-2002, 09:55 PM
If you believe that, I've got a bridge I can sell ya.

3rdhatch
11-24-2002, 10:50 PM
What the hell is wrong with hoping? I was just telling everyone what the guy said. This site has got some of the most negative people on it. If you don't believe then laugh, if you do then be happy, simple as that. I'll wait and see what happens and if the guy was right cool, if he was bsing then oh well I still have an badass EP with money saved up to spend on it. Everyone should just try to be a little less serious/unhappy about these things.

natesi
11-24-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by 3rdhatch
What the hell is wrong with hoping? I was just telling everyone what the guy said. This site has got some of the most negative people on it. If you don't believe then laugh, if you do then be happy, simple as that. I'll wait and see what happens and if the guy was right cool, if he was bsing then oh well I still have an badass EP with money saved up to spend on it. Everyone should just try to be a little less serious/unhappy about these things.

It would definately be cool, if true. But why would Honda of America tell him? I mean, why/how would/could he *REALLY* *know*?

The only reason why I wouldn't want one would be the 6 speed tranny. If it's the same one as the RSX type-S tons of people misshift in it because the gates are so close. I have a video of someone doing this in his type-s. Some dude's tach practically does a complete 360 when he over revs it trying to be "cool". Needless to say the engine is hosed after that.

Dunrick
11-24-2002, 11:01 PM
Unfortunatly its bullshit my friend. They can hardly sell our cars...what is a type r market going to be like? They arn't bringing it over to compete w/ the neon...that thing is a pile anyways...Yeah, its fast. But who the hell wants to own a suped up neon turbo none the less. Those things were crap N/A. Only the japs/euro can make good turbos. Hey I'm not trying to flame that srt turbo, its a fast car for the buck. I just have my doubts that it will be well made. America makes good trucks atleast............I hate to say that too, cause I'm white as they come. :D

3rdhatch
11-24-2002, 11:02 PM
The guy that told me this is the head of the dealership sales group. He gets to go and test drive all the new cars for Honda before anyone else. He drove one of the prototype 6-speed Accords last year. He obviously has some credibility due to the fact that he owns an EP :D . While I didn't believe him at first he seemed to know everything about the damn car. He knew all the specs on it and told me stuff that the type r motor has that ours doesn't, beside VTEC on the exhaust cam. Like I said it would be nice if it happens and I hope it does, but if it doesn't then oh well, I'll still be happy with my SI.

IceD out N CALI
11-24-2002, 11:07 PM
its all good, i think we'd all like to see the type r over here-hopefully that dude is right and proves us wrong

natesi
11-24-2002, 11:08 PM
The guy that told me this is the head of the dealership sales group. He gets to go and test drive all the new cars for Honda before anyone else. He drove one of the prototype 6-speed Accords last year. He obviously has some credibility due to the fact that he owns an EP :D . While I didn't believe him at first he seemed to know everything about the damn car. He knew all the specs on it and told me stuff that the type r motor has that ours doesn't, beside VTEC on the exhaust cam. Like I said it would be nice if it happens and I hope it does, but if it doesn't then oh well, I'll still be happy with my SI.

That would rock, although I don't think I'd pay $24K. Maybe the $22,500. But by then my car will (hopefully) be mostly paid off, so I probably wouldn't get one cause I hate car payments.

But we'll see how I feel about it when/if they arrive. I'm kind of skeptical becuase of the way the Si has been selling.

Also, what's a VBP Si?

3rdhatch
11-24-2002, 11:25 PM
Vivid Blue Pearl

Glix2
11-24-2002, 11:34 PM
trading in a new car on another new car = loosing your ass. You would end up paying 30k for a ctr. The dealer mark up would be HUGE and they sure as hell aren't going to give you a good trade in value on a car they can't sell brand new at or below invoice.

ocara64
11-24-2002, 11:41 PM
I'm a believer!!
If this dude is right, it will save me the hassle of importing one. Plus I want a white EP. If you know anything about how Honda works, this dude could be right. That why I was waiting for the 2004 models before buying one.
Honda always brings out something that's better than everything at the moment, and when everyone steps up and try to out do them, they snap back with something that will hurt 'em. Don't you people follow Honda racing and sales patterns, they do it over and over again. This is why I am a "Honda lifetime member".
Either way, I'm getting a 2004 model CTR!! :D ;) :D

Glix2
11-24-2002, 11:59 PM
Honda would have to do a hell of a lot more than just bring over the CTR to compete with what's coming in 2004.

ocara64
11-25-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Glix2
Honda would have to do a hell of a lot more than just bring over the CTR to compete with what's coming in 2004.
Dude, I don't want to argue, but remember most of which are better in the HP department for 2004, use force induction. While Hondas are Naturally aspirated and not far behind.

Glix2
11-25-2002, 12:27 AM
CTR 200 hp 0-60 around 6.5 1/4 mile high 14's
Dodge SRT-4 205 hp 5.2 0-60 1/4 mile high 12's

You have no choice but to FI your CTR to compete with a stupid ass neon. Honda will never own that market again, sad but true.

Don't flame me I think neons are shit, I'm just making a point.

and btw even if the ctr comes i'm keeping my EP. Even with the problems I've had I love my car.

Mechanic
11-25-2002, 03:15 AM

You and me, 3rdHatch, we'll be there when they come off the truck. 2004. Got it. Championship White will be fine. Pink will be fine as long as it's a genuine CTR. Keep us posted.

ssvr6
11-25-2002, 04:44 AM
The real issue here is this: Dealers never know anything, period.

Here's an example.

When the German 25th Anv GTi came out, everyone was nuts here. They all wanted it. I went and put a deposit down in hopes that it would hit US shores. This was October of last year. VWAG decided that they would make it. Working closely with VWVortex.com, they came up with the new name "337" (the code of the first Rabbit GTi) and the entire VW community knew this.

I go to the largest dealer in the nation (Gunther VW) and I'm speaking with the Sales Manager (who BTW, is a great guy) and he had no clue what I was talking about. He didn't know until a week before VWOA released the car on the internet.

So, Just because he was out test driving an Accord, doesn't mean he has the inside track on all the new cars from Honda.

Either way, I'm keeping my Si. This car is too much fun and I don't feel like losing my azz just to get a CTR.

Steve

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2002, 05:08 AM
I'd say he's full of shit also. I have no hope. I've seen this crap for about 7 years now...."I heard it's definitely going to come out...did you guys see scc, it says the type r is definitely coming to our shores....etc"
It won't happen.

natesi
11-25-2002, 06:38 AM
My sales person told me one of the features my car had was 24 cylinders. No joke.

I was thinking to myself, "let's just get this over as quickly as possible."

= )

Most sales people I run into (especially auto sales), don't know jack about their own product.

Hopefually this guy is different though. It would be really cool if the CTR came over. And I really don't think people looking at a sub 20K car (Neon) for that kind of speed are the kind of people who would normally be looking at Hondas anyway. So, I don't think they would lose much business by bringing the CTR over. They attract different kind of people. Just like, no one is going to put their plans on hold to buy a Corvette becuause of the Neon. Know what I mean? Same thing.

3rdhatch
11-25-2002, 06:46 AM
How can you say that the type-r wouldn't have a market. Remember the other type-r that came over to our shores. Yeah the ITR, had a waiting list and everything. Think about it how many people did you know that had type-r's. Exactly not that many, that is why there is a market for them. If they keep the production numbers down then they can keep the sales up.

3rdhatch
11-25-2002, 06:46 AM
How can you say that the type-r wouldn't have a market. Remember the other type-r that came over to our shores. Yeah the ITR, had a waiting list and everything. Think about it how many people did you know that had type-r's. Exactly not that many, that is why there is a market for them. If they keep the production numbers down then they can keep the sales up.

atl-si
11-25-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by natesi
My sales person told me one of the features my car had was 24 cylinders. No joke. No kidding!! My salesman was dumber than a door knob. Also, I traded my GST in and the used car evaluater was like, "Why does the car make a pssst noise?" Well, he even asked all the sales and managers and no one knew what it was. Duh, the car has a turbo with a bov! Stupid salesmans. Eventually their so called "Asian sales guy"(some of you guys know what I mean cause if your are Asian they send you an Asian salesman sometimes) came and said it was the bov that was doing it.

SubliminalSi
11-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Even if the CTR came here, they would probably be a scarce as ITR's just driving around. Why pay 25k for a civic when you could use that extra 5-6k to make your car as fast as one? Just to say its a type r? Im fine with the Si and someday it will be just as fast as a type r. Dont believe everything you hear.

OldSIMan
11-25-2002, 07:48 AM
Actually, I've heard the same exact thing from the parts and service departments at two different dealerships. CTR (or whatever they decide to call it, could be SiR) will come as 2004 model in championship white, most likely in February, 2004. But, that doesn't mean HofA won't change their minds about bringing it.

Fizz Autosports
11-25-2002, 11:17 AM
Well Honda DOES need something to go up against the New STI WRX, The EVO VIII, and New Supra.... but as far as ive heard its not the CTR, Look more towards Acura for a type R as the Accord Euro R will be coming soon but probably be an Acura TL out here.

MokujinX5
11-25-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Glix2
CTR 200 hp 0-60 around 6.5 1/4 mile high 14's
Dodge SRT-4 205 hp 5.2 0-60 1/4 mile high 12's

You have no choice but to FI your CTR to compete with a stupid ass neon. Honda will never own that market again, sad but true.

Don't flame me I think neons are shit, I'm just making a point.

and btw even if the ctr comes i'm keeping my EP. Even with the problems I've had I love my car.

The Neon doesn't run high 12's... it's low 14's like the WRX. I know some of you peeps don't have much faith in SCC but it's in their article.

iR-VTEC2
11-25-2002, 01:54 PM
He's right, its says 14's. And i dont give a shit if the CTR comes here or not. Just do a swap. And if that new CRX is legit....im getting THAT!!

HondaMan
11-25-2002, 01:56 PM
I think it is probably BS, but I hope I'm wrong. However, I doubt I could afford the freaking car payment when I get jack crap for trading my EP in for it.

EDIT: BTW, I love my EP and would hate to trade it away, especially if I didn't get much for it in trade value.

02SilverSiHB
11-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Fizz Autosports
Well Honda DOES need something to go up against the New STI WRX, The EVO VIII, and New Supra.... but as far as ive heard its not the CTR, Look more towards Acura for a type R as the Accord Euro R will be coming soon but probably be an Acura TL out here.
yeah, it will most likely be the RSX Type R. The integra has always been the one to receive the type r

downhil
11-25-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

yeah, it will most likely be the RSX Type R. The integra has always been the one to receive the type r

hit the nail on the head....honda isnt going to sell a 25k civic. hell, at our lot, we have 3 s2000's sitting here...and 4 02 si's left.
and all salespeople get to go to drive the new cars before they come out, its called the ride and drive....i drove an element awhile ago.....odd car

Type X
11-25-2002, 11:03 PM
did he rub your head and call u sonny too?

ahhahahahahahh

u wanna buy beach front property in colorado?

Max
11-25-2002, 11:25 PM
Your absolutely right it is going to be RSX type R not civic. We'll never see civic type r well maybe someday but not for a while.

ocara64
11-26-2002, 12:13 AM
I was going to argue about the fact that we will get the CTR in the US, but it's hopeless. Only 2004 will give us the answer to this debate. I have faith in Honda, but if they disappoint I'm going to import my CTR. Say what you want about it, but I encourage anyone that wants a CTR to get one, screw all the negative talk on this board..