PDA

View Full Version : transmission mount needs to be replaced

KevinEP3
08-11-2008, 11:21 AM
does anyone know where i can buy a new transmission mount other than honda. anything like the energy motor mounts

mustclime
08-11-2008, 11:26 AM
here is everything but the ft......

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_17&products_id=631

you should check your ft, if the trans is done, the ft is more than likly on the way out.

itchy5
08-11-2008, 11:30 AM
clubrsx.com has some mounts as well

KevinEP3
08-11-2008, 11:35 AM
i saw those but mine is the one on the right if looking at the engine and the one on corport is the front and back motor right? ft thats front tans?

03Si757
08-11-2008, 11:41 AM
i saw those but mine is the one on the right if looking at the engine and the one on corport is the front and back motor right? ft thats front tans?

Hey man, I might have a tranny mount you can have, just pay for shipping. Lemme check ill get back to you if i still do.

mustclime
08-11-2008, 11:53 AM

this is the ft...........

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_17&products_id=1068

the side and the rear look a lot alike.

This is a good mod, say goodby to wheel hop with these but you will feel more motor vibs.....lots of vibs with the ac on.:mangel:

shadowmd
08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Have fun man. i hate that mount lol

KevinEP3
08-11-2008, 12:03 PM
def. get back to me on the trans mission mount.

ill prob. get the street version motor mounts without the ft so ill have less motor vib.

the trans. shop is going to charge $200 for the ft mount anyway and said they would do all of them for the same price so i thought i would get my money's worth.

also the bolt that goes into the transmision between the two that stick up lost its thread and they said they would put a bigger thread and bolt (7/16) into and since the trans in aluminum and the bolt is steel it would thread itself. is this a good idea?

mustclime
08-11-2008, 12:20 PM
def. get back to me on the trans mission mount.

ill prob. get the street version motor mounts without the ft so ill have less motor vib.

the trans. shop is going to charge $200 for the ft mount anyway and said they would do all of them for the same price so i thought i would get my money's worth.

also the bolt that goes into the transmision between the two that stick up lost its thread and they said they would put a bigger thread and bolt (7/16) into and since the trans in aluminum and the bolt is steel it would thread itself. is this a good idea?

Sounds like a really bad idea to me, if the bolt angles in the case will crack...drill it and helie coil it imo.

fyi, I did my mounts in a parking lot with a floor jack and some jack stands...fyi, my mounts are the street ones.:mwink:

T_Virus
08-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Sounds like a really bad idea to me, if the bolt angles in the case will crack...drill it and helie coil it imo.

fyi, I did my mounts in a parking lot with a floor jack and some jack stands...fyi, my mounts are the street ones.:mwink:

How's the vibration on the street mounts?

shadowmd
08-11-2008, 02:54 PM
i have the innovative street mounts (all 4) and love'em. the vibs are not bad at all