PDA

View Full Version : My stitch's name on...

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I made a name tag for my stitch on the lower center dash right above the shifter.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/classiccelica/352.jpg

With the light off

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc177/classiccelica/353.jpg

With the lights on

Akeeg4
08-11-2008, 02:40 PM
:mrolleyes:

player757
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
with that a hack saw "pun intended"

Heitzke
08-11-2008, 02:54 PM
... the hell is a stitch?

liquid cooled
08-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm sorry but that looks like shit, absolutely terrible. Maybe if it was cleaned up a it would look alright (I wouldnt like it still bc its ricey IMHO) but that is terrible ATD (attention to detail). It is very sloppy workmanship. The letters are poorly cut, they are not straight, they are not the same size.

RON
08-11-2008, 03:11 PM
WTF???

Seriously?

Tnhatch03
08-11-2008, 03:12 PM
haha. neat!

just clean it up a little bit and it will turn out good, imo.

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Why thank you soo much for all the constructive hating. I guess some of you are not disney fans and can't understand the cartoonish type letters. I meant for it to look rough and not perfect. My vision for it was simple make it look as if Stitch had scratched though the dash his name or you know burned through it with his gun. Geeze people watch some disney movies or something. Thank you to the one person who actually said something nice. So what do those who left negative critism think of the art era of cubism or other types of art that nobody uses their imagination. Well I'm sorry I even tried to post something that I am proud of because it came out how I wanted it to.

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
haha. neat!

just clean it up a little bit and it will turn out good, imo.

Thank you for your tip I will try to clean it up a little.

nizmoluvep3
08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Not my taste but if you like it then its all good....what did you use to light the name up? Is it a switch on or does it light up when you turn your lights? I actually understood what you were goin for w/ the rough outline. If I were you maybe paint your dash blue and a mini stich doll to set everything off?
Props for being original but yes there will be many haters.......:mrolleyes:

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Well thank you very much for commenting I appriciate that. I used two LED's that are placed kind of far back so it shines on the plastic I put in there. They are wired to come on with the normal lights. People just need to think ok what was he going for then look at it in that mind set. I don't even know why people bother posting if all they are going to do is be disrespectful. So thanks to those of you who posted something nice.

nizmoluvep3
08-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Well thank you very much for commenting I appriciate that. I used two LED's that are placed kind of far back so it shines on the plastic I put in there. They are wired to come on with the normal lights. People just need to think ok what was he going for then look at it in that mind set. I don't even know why people bother posting if all they are going to do is be disrespectful. So thanks to those of you who posted something nice.

NP bro, its hard to be original on ephatch but as long you luv ur car then thats all that matters- at the end of the day your driving "stich" and not anyone else.

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah you are 100% correct I think it's great I get a kick out of it every time I drive it now. I do have a little stitch driving a caddilac but it is under the 12 power source so you can't see it in the picture. How dark of a blue would you think might look good to offset the name with the blue led's?

macdady678
08-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I think it looks pretty decent. Did you take a lighter to the edges for the "plasma gun" burned effect? Maybe stretch the scratches more to make it look like his nails raked down the lettering.

My only complaints are the big hole next to it and the color. I would paint it silver to match the upper trim piece, and fill in the hole with either a gauge, or maybe even have a little stich doll popping out of it.

I admit it's not my taste, but props for creativity and being willing to cut into your plastic trim.

makavelibranded
08-11-2008, 04:36 PM
it doesint look bad at all, just needs a little cleaning

nizmoluvep3
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Yeah you are 100% correct I think it's great I get a kick out of it every time I drive it now. I do have a little stitch driving a caddilac but it is under the 12 power source so you can't see it in the picture. How dark of a blue would you think might look good to offset the name with the blue led's?

I noticed that you already have the shifter part of the dash painted black so maybe finish off the top half of the dash black and clear coat it, just make sure there are no drips to keep it looking clean. Doing that might actually disguise the outline so at night is when its noticeable. If you dont like the black when your done then try electric blue- it should be a fun project either way. Just have fun!:mwink:

minivan_assassin
08-11-2008, 04:47 PM
What's the huge hole to the right for?

nizmoluvep3
08-11-2008, 04:50 PM
What's the huge hole to the right for?

It was probably for some gauge.....

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Well the hole had an a/f guage that never worked in it so I gave it back to kragen, just waiting for a wideband to put in there. I think i will put a stitch in there to disguise it. Yeah I was supposed to paint the top today but ran out of time.

minivan_assassin
08-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Well the hole had an a/f guage that never worked in it so I gave it back to kragen, just waiting for a wideband to put in there. I think i will put a stitch in there to disguise it. Yeah I was supposed to paint the top today but ran out of time.

Cool. +1 for originality. Need to put up a night shot :mbiggrin:

nizmoluvep3
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Cool. +1 for originality. Need to put up a night shot :mbiggrin:

+1 for nightshot w/ finished dash:mwink:

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 05:00 PM
I will deffinitely do that as soon as I can maybe tonight. Thank you for your positive comments. I will finish the dash then post more pics maybe with stitch peaking out of the gauge hole

freelunch
08-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Well, I always think that if you're going to post something up on the internet, you're gonna have to be prepared for criticism both good and bad. Ephatch isnt the 1st grade where we have to baby people and filter out comments just because its not what they want to hear.

KrypTOniTE
08-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I think it looks pretty decent. Did you take a lighter to the edges for the "plasma gun" burned effect? Maybe stretch the scratches more to make it look like his nails raked down the lettering.

My only complaints are the big hole next to it and the color. I would paint it silver to match the upper trim piece, and fill in the hole with either a gauge, or maybe even have a little stich doll popping out of it.

I admit it's not my taste, but props for creativity and being willing to cut into your plastic trim.
I Agree it would look original..

!@#$%
08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Why is everyone so concerned with being 'original'?

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone. I just wanted to spice up the look of the interior so I thought it was fun. I'll pics of finished dash and a night shot tomorrow.

VegaS10
08-11-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm usually not one to be disrespectful, but stop. Just stop.

Think about it like this: Would you buy a used car with that already done to it?

KrypTOniTE
08-11-2008, 07:29 PM
:noway: tats if u replace it with a new one!

v1c10us
08-11-2008, 08:21 PM
okay, I dont flame people, but seriously.
i could understand maybe if it didnt still have bits of melted plastic on it.
I can appreciate wanting it to look messy, but even messy grafiti doesnt have shit sticking to it =\
what if the people who designed you're car desided they want'd it to look messy and just didnt paint parts of it and didnt install some windows and had dangling weather stripping.
Take the piece out, smooth that shit out, put something behind it and fill it with clear epoxy resin flush to the surface and then install it and I wont complain.
You're the guy with the ductaped on body kit, sorry..
/flame

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 09:33 PM

Think about it like this: Would you buy a used car with that already done to it?

Listen up people why would I even sell the car with stuff like this done to it. Just because you don't think it looks good doesn't mean. I am not a stupid person, I just have taste that is different than your's, it's not your car is it?

classiccelica
08-11-2008, 10:08 PM
this goes for you right under my last post as well. You are just making yourself sound uneducated for thinking these are the same senarios.

v1c10us
08-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Honestly, making myself sound uneducated to someone who thinks dremeling into plastic 'til it melts is a different scenario from making anything else look like shit is not my biggest concern.
See, I have to make correlations that you disagree with for you to call me uneducated, you just have to do something like "make a name tag for your stitch"
I don't care how much you like it, nothing that is done to a car should have melted plastic bits that can be rubbed off into the carpet.

!@#$%
08-11-2008, 10:24 PM
:doh:

Tnhatch03
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
enough with the bickering please. i do not mind if you post your opinion. obviously, everyone is going to have his/her view about this. if you can not say your opinion without making uncalled for remarks, do not post. Simple as that.

Tnhatch03
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM

I do not think he is going to sell his car. I have no intentions on selling mine. haha.

Thank you for your tip I will try to clean it up a little.

i know what you were going for. Stitch, the crazy animal that eats everything. haha. by cleaning, i mean smoothing out the outer part of the dash, and not the entire lettering.

VegaS10
08-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Regardless of your arguement, it still looks horrible.

It's your car, you have to look at it. If you can deal with that wretched mess of a center console, God bless you.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 08:43 AM
Honestly, making myself sound uneducated to someone who thinks dremeling into plastic 'til it melts is a different scenario from making anything else look like shit is not my biggest concern.
See, I have to make correlations that you disagree with for you to call me uneducated, you just have to do something like "make a name tag for your stitch"
I don't care how much you like it, nothing that is done to a car should have melted plastic bits that can be rubbed off into the carpet.

You know what ever happened to hey this is how you want it so good luck to you, instead you try and make people feel terrible for doing something to their automobile that makes them like it more. Sorry to dissappoint but I don't even know you so whatever man.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Regardless of your arguement, it still looks horrible.

It's your car, you have to look at it. If you can deal with that wretched mess of a center console, God bless you.

Never include God in an attempt to be mean and caddy to someone else. If nobody ever pioneered to be different than everyone else then we wouldn't even have the ep3 civic si. I didn't even care for the styling of this car at first when it came out. This forum wouldn't even be here if someone hadn't been different in their style and taste. It is pretty sad when everyone else on here can be nice except two of you that have to voice your dislike for a car that isn't even yours. So with that what ever to both of you and good luck with your ventures, and no I am being serious not sarcastic.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 08:48 AM
I do not think he is going to sell his car. I have no intentions on selling mine. haha.

i know what you were going for. Stitch, the crazy animal that eats everything. haha. by cleaning, i mean smoothing out the outer part of the dash, and not the entire lettering.

Thank you for backing me up and I will smooth out the rough parts and make it look cleaner. Then I will post the finished product. I am not going to sell this car so who cares right, as long as I like it.:mbiggrin:

shadowmd
08-12-2008, 09:19 AM
original :mcool:

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Why thank you sir, that is what I am going for. I think it is fun.

RedSiBaron
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
heres the deal...im not going to argue with you, im not going to tell you that what you did is stupid, you are being creative...but youre going to get my oppinion as a car designer and you are just going to deal with it cuz im not going to respond to you getting pissed off, im just going to ignore it and keep giving constructive feedback...

-the idea, creative, especially since it corresponds with (obviously) what you call your car and how you have personified it...really good job there i can tell there was some good creative thought behind it

-the giant gaping hole, i know its supposed to have a gauge in it, but you should do something asap like you were saying by putting a stitch in there, but id suggest finding a rubber grommet that covers it up for now instead.

-as for the "stitch" graphic...im just going to tell you straight up that it looks truely AWFUL, and its because it looks half assed and poorly planned, as well as the craft being dreadful...its not a challenge against your idea, but the craft needs to be improved...

im not trying to trash on you, but thats the the truth of the matter...this is something ive learned is that an idea can be one of the best things ever but if it isnt executed well then absolutely no one will take it seriously, you need to clean it up A LOT and make the "damage" look as deliberate as possible...that means CLEAN IT UP make all the hard edges even and sharp, the "graphic" needs to make someone looking at it understand what the purpose was and abstract that, people have an intuitive mental capability that allows them to fill things in...thats why i can draw a few lines on a piece of paper and people can tell exactly what im going for in a car design...

so if it were me, i would clean that up a lot, go in with filler like bondo and really smooth it out, then repaint the whole console piece, then use an airbrush to create a "burn" effect...

if i could put it any nicer i would, but i dont know how being in design, but i could be a lot worse...I KNOW you can make it a lot nicer, so remove the center console and spend some good time on it, you can drive the car without that piece there for a couple weeks if thats what it takes...if you get the craft just right, NO ONE can challenge you, all they could say is "its not for me"

wishbear
08-12-2008, 11:21 AM
that thing that look to good it ruins the dash

charles
08-12-2008, 11:28 AM
atleast you can buy the cf(fake) dash kit and no one will ever no you did it. It will cover up all the mistakes

Lucid Moments
08-12-2008, 11:54 AM
RedSiBaron said what I was going to say only he said it better.

As for the style. That is a matter of taste. If you like it then go for it. But to be honest it looks like it was very pooly executed.

skep18
08-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Looks like something that started off as a good idea, but didn't finish like the vision... Not trying to be rude or hating, but I like the console just how it is. But the lighting up was a good touch. I would look better if there were no scratches around it though. But needless to say, very bold move/look.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Yeah I get what you are all saying but if you would read all my posts then you all would see that I had already said that I am going to clean it up then repost a finished product. So redsibaron I was already going to do something like what you said. I don't think anyone's work should ever be called aweful or dreadful OMG why did he do that it looks horrible. The only thing that I will listen to is constructive critism like how to make it look cleaner and more realistic as you redsibaron put it.

Nickle n Dimin
08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
i ve done things to cars i now think were hideous but what I'm trying to say is that you don't know the extent of the damage till a little later on

civictype_r04
08-12-2008, 01:47 PM
with that a hack saw "pun intended"

:rofl:

epshtielsl
08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Aren't you a little...old to be into disney movies? :mrolleyes:

RedSiBaron
08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah I get what you are all saying but if you would read all my posts then you all would see that I had already said that I am going to clean it up then repost a finished product. So redsibaron I was already going to do something like what you said. I don't think anyone's work should ever be called aweful or dreadful OMG why did he do that it looks horrible. The only thing that I will listen to is constructive critism like how to make it look cleaner and more realistic as you redsibaron put it.

im sorry but part of putting your work up is being open to criticism...and awful is a lot nicer than i could have been...youll fix it, i have faith...

Aren't you a little...old to be into disney movies? :mrolleyes:

no one is too old for disney...go see wall-e and STFU :mbiggrin: haha...to each their own

jaeguyoon
08-12-2008, 02:46 PM
im sorry but part of putting your work up is being open to criticism...and awful is a lot nicer than i could have been...youll fix it, i have faith...

no one is too old for disney...go see wall-e and STFU :mbiggrin: haha...to each their own

EVAAAA! WALL-EEEEEEEE!

that was a good movie.

To the TS, I like Stitch, but why would u engrave in your car??? I love the idea, I would try to incorporate a shift light and make it light up at redline.

+1 for originality. -1 for the actual content.

lol. I hope u don't take offense to my post. I really mean it when I say I love the idea and it's original.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah I am going to fix it. I have already started smoothing it out and wow it really does look a lot better. I bought some JB weld epoxy to fill in the gauges and inequalities and such. Thank you redsibaron for giving me the initiatve to fix what I originally thought wasn't really that bad. Oh and redsibaron is right you are never to old to be a disney freak, I married one. I will love disney till the day I die.

Windchaser
08-12-2008, 03:37 PM
Only on Ephatch where people bitch and get upset over retarded, little things.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Yes this is true. I like it and when I finish it I think it will be even better.

jaeguyoon
08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Yes this is true. I like it and when I finish it I think it will be even better.

that's the spirit.

I <3 disney too.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Damn straight baby yeah. Any ideas what to fill the stitch up with so the light will shine through it?

jaeguyoon
08-12-2008, 03:57 PM
you could try using glue gun. and than just sand it down to be smooth. I dunno just giving u ideas.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
No that is good keep them coming guys. I want to finish it tomorrow afternoon or so.

itchy5
08-12-2008, 06:02 PM
rawr
http://www.pudgybunny.com/images/stitchbig.gif

VegaS10
08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Whenever you post anything on an open forum, you are bound to get responses you don't like. It's the internet, if you don't like what you are reading, simply skate on over to some Disney forum with the rest of the adults who sit around and discuss this "stitch" thing you are so in love with.

RedSiBaron
08-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah I am going to fix it. I have already started smoothing it out and wow it really does look a lot better. I bought some JB weld epoxy to fill in the gauges and inequalities and such. Thank you redsibaron for giving me the initiatve to fix what I originally thought wasn't really that bad. Oh and redsibaron is right you are never to old to be a disney freak, I married one. I will love disney till the day I die.

HAHAHA im glad i helped, i did a rendering of what i was thinking, but i didnt have the time today to really make it look accurate so i didnt post anything...

...and i know how it is, my g/f is obsessed with disney...which has been fun, ive gotten to fall in love with a lot of movies from my childhood and realized why my parents could stand to watch them...realized though that there are a lot of disney movies i cant stand but those are mostly ones i never could stand in the first place...

rspjean
08-12-2008, 08:33 PM
experiment 626 tagged up your car lol

icarus.na
08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
not feelin' it, but props for going out on a limb and making something for your car.

at the end of the day, if you're satisfied with it, then that's all that matters.

KrypTOniTE
08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Disney yayyyyy!!!

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Well I am going with a different color and doing a burnt look around the letters as mr. redsibaron mentioned then when I finish it I will post it. So What else would look good to fill the letters in that will let the blue light through kind of how it is in the picture?

macdady678
08-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Maybe what you can take away from this thread is that it kick started you into working on improving upon your original idea almost immediately...

I think filling it in with glue gun, then sanding it down could be an interesting effect, but maybe you can try putting a backing of plexiglass, and roughing up the back of the plexi to give it a sandblasted look. It will also help defuse the light.

Another thing you can consider, if you're electrically inclined, is to wire up a few leds to create a "pulsing" look, as if Stitch had used his plasma gun to etch his name, and that it was still "glowing" from the heat.

SiiK20
08-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Blue Punch Buggy! Loving the originality factor for real. Come on guys stop hating, the guys trying something different. Yeah some people are gonna hate it, and some people are gonna love it. Thats what our culture is all about, innovation. Props to you man!
I'm even thinking of doing something like this now, once I name my baby (EP)

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Well more power to ya man, keep me posted if nobody else cares.

classiccelica
08-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Maybe what you can take away from this thread is that it kick started you into working on improving upon your original idea almost immediately...

I think filling it in with glue gun, then sanding it down could be an interesting effect, but maybe you can try putting a backing of plexiglass, and roughing up the back of the plexi to give it a sandblasted look. It will also help defuse the light.

Another thing you can consider, if you're electrically inclined, is to wire up a few leds to create a "pulsing" look, as if Stitch had used his plasma gun to etch his name, and that it was still "glowing" from the heat.

Very very interresting idea I will look into that. Very cool, why thank you.

EP3_U_SEE
08-13-2008, 12:08 AM
+1 for creativity!!!

Heitzke
08-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Honestly, the way you presented it didn't help the responses you received. Post up some pics whenever it's all done, the dash colors match, and that jagged hole is fixed/used. I feel like most of these opinions would be different after seeing a finished, well executed project.

!@#$%
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Whenever you post anything on an open forum, you are bound to get responses you don't like. It's the internet, if you don't like what you are reading, simply skate on over to some Disney forum with the rest of the adults who sit around and discuss this "stitch" thing you are so in love with.

Alright, we get it. You don't approve. :mrolleyes:

v1c10us
08-16-2008, 01:21 AM
my previous opinion still stands on either making a stencil and cutting out acrylic and popping the letters in there flush or filling it with clear epoxy.
other options would be to get some acrylic on the back and spray it with that frosty window spray and put LEDS behind it to give it a more diffused glow, making the LEDS less noticeable.
One other thing I could think of is to take the frosted acrylic and trace the outline of the letters and then purchase neon glow wire from autozone or something and outline the outer edges of the letters on the opposite side, creating even better lighting.

danielakatoxic
08-16-2008, 02:42 AM
i give the OP props for taking the time and doing something HE wanted to do and something he thought would be neat and different.

to be honest i wouldnt do it just because its not my taste, but nonetheless its still a neat idea.

and this thread sure went straight to a flame fest... like right off the bat:mrolleyes:

Honda_boy83
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
I like your creativness. Just clean it up and through some paint on it and you will have one pretty cool dash. Make sure you post up some new pics.

r-tech87
08-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Hey man!
The custom Stitch dash looks good! u just need to clean it up and it will look awesome!

Windchaser
08-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Hey man!
The custom Stitch dash looks good! u just need to clean it up and it will look awesome!

you are just defending someone you know :mbiggrin:

20CiviC02Si
08-18-2008, 04:37 AM
Even though i am not a fan, i would say that it'd look better if you cleaned it up then stuck some sort of blue LED behind it.

musashi1219
08-18-2008, 04:42 AM
My gf loves stitch! I am assuming that is the stitch you are talking about

skep18
08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Well after all this discussion, I want to see some new pics!!!

:smash:

Honda_boy83
08-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Well after all this discussion, I want to see some new pics!!!

:smash:

:yeahthat:

classiccelica
08-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Well I started painting the lower dash but the paint reacted negatively to the clear coat and started to crack. Now I need to strip the paint off of it any ideas on what works the best for this? I also bought the acrylic to put behind it.

VegaS10
08-18-2008, 06:31 PM
I would'nt even try using a chemical to remove the paint. It'd the plastic.

You're going to have to sand all the paint off that trainwreck of yours.

classiccelica
08-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I would'nt even try using a chemical to remove the paint. It'd the plastic.

You're going to have to sand all the paint off that trainwreck of yours.

You know something you are the only visious person on here don't even try your hand at helping. I will from now on ignore what you have to say in this thread. Unless you can actually type something polite or even try being nice for once.

abstract
08-18-2008, 07:06 PM
that will help the resale alot :doh:

musashi1219
08-18-2008, 07:10 PM
You know something you are the only visious person on here don't even try your hand at helping. I will from now on ignore what you have to say in this thread. Unless you can actually type something polite or even try being nice for once.

actually he is pretty helpful also. He is about 50% dick and 50% helpful kind of like me.

I agree his comment was dick, but don't over generalize and say he is vicious. Vicious is retarded but you do not see me posting that up

classiccelica
08-18-2008, 07:13 PM
True I appologize for that comment. He could be nice on this topic but maybe this is just that part of the 50% you talk about. Oh well to each his own right?

classiccelica
08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh yeah since there is movement in this thread, can someone read my question thread in the transmission section, it is the six speed install with speedo problem.

musashi1219
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah since there is movement in this thread, can someone read my question thread in the transmission section, it is the six speed install with speedo problem.

link please

classiccelica
08-18-2008, 07:26 PM
link please

here it be any help is greatly greatly appriciated.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51863