PDA

View Full Version : gah roaches!

Dalamar
08-11-2008, 08:18 PM
and not the good kind either.:mangel:

so right off this isn't about my ep3 unless they migrate from one honda to another, but its possible.

Some kid was selling a 04 DX coupe with 75k on it for 5 grand, so i bought it, the only thing wrong with it, is that it's alive. oh my fucking raptor jesus there are raoches everywhere in this thing. so far i've vaccumed, and tossed in a box of household bug bombs (3 cans enough to cover 2500sq ft), then just to make sure i sprayed home-defense in the trunk, on the capets, and round door and trunk sills. I also sprayed a parimiter around the car incase they try to escape.

And yet there they are crawling across the dash.:mcry:

Maybe these are supa roaches, I think I saw the leader.
http://www.intercorr.com/gifs/roach.jpg

skoolnu
08-11-2008, 08:28 PM
god damn thats nasty.... call the orken man.

tonk
08-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Holy crap! That's scary as hell. Hope all those bombs/bug killers don't smell up the car forever.

Dalamar
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
at this point i just want them gone.

but like i said the car is in good shape otherwise.

Windchaser
08-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Roaches in the car?! That is nearly unheard of LOL. Use Boric Acid!!! The acid powder will kill them instantly, but the cleanup will be retardedly difficult.

Tnhatch03
08-11-2008, 10:39 PM
lmao. that funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw_zUUE4BE0

MR.Pizza
08-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Take it to a paint shop booth and let it cook for a few hours, don't tell them it has roaches or you can forget about it. either that or put a tarp over it and toss a few bombs under it.

!@#$%
08-11-2008, 11:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyVrogMDY5U

Dalamar
08-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Roaches in the car?! That is nearly unheard of LOL. Use Boric Acid!!! The acid powder will kill them instantly, but the cleanup will be retardedly difficult.

yea the trunk was full of half eaten canned foods and empty soda cans.i called the guy this morning and he said they have been in the car since last november when he was in georgia....he said he bombed the car and cleaned it before i came to look at it and he thought they were all gone, which is why he didn't mention it before i bought it.

meh.

you think it was a good deal?

wishbear
08-12-2008, 10:18 AM
those are some ugly roches

spike 03EP3
08-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't park it in or near your garage!! You'll have those nasty things in your house.

When I was a mechanic (late 80's) there was a lady that drove a old Chevy Monza that stunk horribly. We called the car "rosie" and would have to put a urinal disc in a pan of water in the front seat over night before we could get in it, then spray the hell out of the car with bug killer.

nizmoluvep3
08-12-2008, 11:09 AM
this thread is funny, but at the same time gives me chills if I saw a roach running across my dash:meek: Pics of car and maybe action shot w/ the roach?:mrolleyes::mwink:

Dalamar
08-12-2008, 11:12 AM
this thread is funny, but at the same time gives me chills if I saw a roach running across my dash:meek: Pics of car and maybe action shot w/ the roach?:mrolleyes::mwink:

I'll try to when i get home from work.

Dalamar
08-14-2008, 05:42 PM
took a few trys of opening the door without scaring them, but i deliver.

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1211.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1205.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1206.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1207.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1208.jpg

oogy-boogy
08-14-2008, 07:17 PM
....oh my fucking raptor jesus ....

:rofl:

Thanks for all the entertainment (at your expense :mfrown:). I don't think I've ever heard of someone with a roach infested vehicle.

Dalamar
08-14-2008, 07:35 PM
:Thanks for all the entertainment (at your expense :mfrown:). I don't think I've ever heard of someone with a roach infested vehicle.

nah not my expense, i didn't do it to the car. it's sad that someone would let a car get this bad (let alone a honda) that it makes me laugh thinking this dumbfuck drove it everyday like that and didn't see a problem with it.

I took those pics yesterday before i bombed it the third time......

besides my wife wants to learn how to drive stick, and it'll be damned if its gonna be in my ep3:mbiggrin::mangel:

rspjean
08-14-2008, 09:16 PM
if i was driving and i saw a roach walk by my dash id prolly crash

Tortoise
08-14-2008, 09:40 PM
damn id freak out...i fuckin hate creatures. Ive never seen a roach(bug) they are fuckin nasty lookin. Best of luck with that. Id sell it if u cant get them out.

danielakatoxic
08-14-2008, 11:59 PM
damn id freak out...i fuckin hate creatures. Ive never seen a roach(bug) they are fuckin nasty lookin. Best of luck with that. Id sell it if u cant get them out.

lmao sell it? the dude just bought it. i think you're just hella freaked out of "creatures".

but to the OP you should call orkin or something and see if the could give you some sort of advice, because i know they do homes for sure... but cars? idk?

SiiK20
08-15-2008, 01:11 AM
keep bombing those suckas!

liquid cooled
08-15-2008, 01:40 AM
lmao sell it? the dude just bought it. i think you're just hella freaked out of "creatures".

but to the OP you should call orkin or something and see if the could give you some sort of advice, because i know they do homes for sure... but cars? idk?

Id pull all of the interior pieces out of that car and detail that crap out of it, im talking carpet, door panels, everything.

2004ep3hatch
08-15-2008, 04:08 AM
I have to agree, i think i would sell this car and get another one. now everytime i go into my car im going to be looking!!

I can't stand spiders in my car, but roaches is another ball game. they give diseases. Im from the city and know exactly what they look like and i have to say if one came across my dash, i would not even get into the car anymore. i don't know how you even get in this car.

this thread is horrible. im sorry this has happend to you man.

rspjean
08-15-2008, 04:43 AM

you've never seen a roach ?

liquid cooled
08-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Wow, there are a lot of people who are seriously pussies in here. Its a roach, BIG DEAL kill them clean up the mess and move on. Seriously its not like there was a seriously decomposing dead body or something in there.

2004ep3hatch
08-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Wow, there are a lot of people who are seriously pussies in here. Its a roach, BIG DEAL kill them clean up the mess and move on. Seriously its not like there was a seriously decomposing dead body or something in there.

hey lol, There not cool when they are crawling on you. But I know what you mean tho, its only a roach but some of them are as big as your thumb and bigger. just one of those things.

These are just one of they few things that i don't like being around.

Dalamar
08-15-2008, 05:47 AM
I have to agree, i think i would sell this car and get another one. now everytime i go into my car im going to be looking!!

I can't stand spiders in my car, but roaches is another ball game. they give diseases. Im from the city and know exactly what they look like and i have to say if one came across my dash, i would not even get into the car anymore. i don't know how you even get in this car.

this thread is horrible. im sorry this has happend to you man.

yea... i bought it on 8/11/08.... 5 grand means more to me than roaches, bugs never really bother me, actually they can be fun.(nothing like a butane torch and spiders) i don't see any live ones this morning, and tonight when i get home its getting dismantled, i didn't really buy it becuase i needed it, only because it was cheap and i felt bad for mr.dx vp

nizmoluvep3
08-15-2008, 08:32 AM
took a few trys of opening the door without scaring them, but i deliver.

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1211.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1205.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1206.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1207.jpg

http://i523.photobucket.com/albums/w352/bertrob84/100_1208.jpg

lol, i was just joking about pictures but damn!!!:meek: I guess it depends how much you want to keep the car- i wouldn't but thats just me.....GL either way on your decision.

hey lol, There not cool when they are crawling on you. But I know what you mean tho, its only a roach but some of them are as big as your thumb and bigger. just one of those things.

These are just one of they few things that i don't like being around.

it's even crazier when they're big enough to fly :scared:

tallblondkid
08-15-2008, 09:06 AM
my mom had the same problem, only no where near as serious when i was really young... our neighbors were tenting their house for rats, roaches, w/e, so she put her car in their garage and it went away completely...

I would maybe call a tenting company and try to find a house in the area that you can maybe slip the car into.

flipflopz
08-15-2008, 09:09 AM
that is freaky.. could be worse right?? at least it isnt no damn rats!!

civiCholo
08-15-2008, 09:57 AM
you might as well take the interior out and then bomb it... i'm sure they are up inside the seats and then, up under the dash... i would suggest you doing that and have a pest control company come out and spray their "fog" that they typically use in walls of houses and whatnot... verminators on discovery ftw... :mbiggrin:

abstract
08-15-2008, 10:31 AM
wowww your gonna have em in your house if u keep going in and out to your house, the eggs stick to cloths and in the grooves of the sneeker ........ good luck. Id honestly get an exteminator and gut some of the car before he gets there

forget everything i just said .... id honestly sell it cause theres probably eggs everywhere, in the seats/carpet ecu. a single female can have 50,000 to 100,000 roach eggs a year

Dalamar
08-15-2008, 11:42 AM
that is freaky.. could be worse right?? at least it isnt no damn rats!!

i've scrapped cars that've had rats in them.......actually one didn't run becuase they ate the plug wires...new wires and i sold it for $800 i wanna say it was a 97 quest

it always amazes me the way some people treat thier cars.

Nickle n Dimin
08-15-2008, 12:23 PM
take the dash out take the upholstery out interior panels then bomb it

vboy127
08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
wowww your gonna have em in your house if u keep going in and out to your house, the eggs stick to cloths and in the grooves of the sneeker ........ good luck. Id honestly get an exteminator and gut some of the car before he gets there

forget everything i just said .... id honestly sell it cause theres probably eggs everywhere, in the seats/carpet ecu. a single female can have 50,000 to 100,000 roach eggs a year

*shivers* dude... gut and bomb the shit outta the car. i HATE roaches.

magmagik 1
08-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Are you going to sell it? if you cant get them out?

dmon
08-17-2008, 10:09 PM
just vacuum the car real good and put roach traps. the one with the sticky floor, and the bait in the middle, and they will go away as long as you keep your car clean. where i live they are everywhere, so yea no problem for me ahha. but g/l

powdbyrice
08-18-2008, 03:51 PM
sell it. it aint worth it.

thanks for the afternoon entertainment tho.

Princess
08-18-2008, 04:10 PM
light the car on fire

might not kill them all, but it will help

Dalamar
08-19-2008, 05:34 AM
Are you going to sell it? if you cant get them out?

i'm gonna sell it, after i get rid of them, eventually.

I did a test with Ortho home defense and a couple roaches i captured. It killed the roach within 3 seconds with direct contact, and within 10 seconds just being near a drop (roach on one side of a 12 inch wide plastic box, drop of ortho on the other). so i soaked the inside of the car, and the trunk, i ended up using the whole thing. its been marinating since saturday, and after fay is gone i will air it out.

This stuff is the shit.
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2285039/orthohomedefense-main_Full.jpg

SI in GA
08-22-2008, 06:49 AM
I agree Ortho home defense is the sh*t I had ants in the house when I first got stationed at Stewart upstairs to make it worse this stuff has had us ant free for two years now.

rolldic
08-23-2008, 01:11 AM
you know that roaches could survive a nuclear bombing, so you have a lot of work on your hands...

WhiteComet
08-23-2008, 08:20 AM
that is pretty gross...if it was me, I would try to get rid of the car

Unknownally
08-23-2008, 06:38 PM
I had a problem once with roaches in my EP3.

I moved in with my ladie's parents. Her parents house was infested very horribly with roaches. It got to the point where I would be at work and see one crawling down my pants.

So they migrated from the house, to my lunch box, and finally to my car. There were 3 in my car. I tried to kill them but one got away. Next day I used the same lunch box and got more. I stopped using the lunch box after three days and started using a grocery bag. They hitched a ride on that also.

In the end, I moved out of her parents house and eventually killed the last roach. No problems now. It wasn't infested to begin with, though.

trickkykidd.02
08-23-2008, 07:05 PM
I am no expert but I believe the problem lies in the cure...

The poisons only kill the adults. You need to clean out the car of the eggs.

In your case this probably means tearing out the interior panels and especially the trunk if they started there.

Then repeat bombings as new ones hatch. If you keep on it you eventually will get them, but if one egg survives probably in your dash you will get a new infestation of a smaller degree (since there is little food)

they will eat rubber, silicone, etc. i have seen it happen. they nibbled on my scuba mask at the zoo when I was a volunteer.

good luck.

02_epdriver
08-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Yikes dude. Sorry about this. Car seems nice but what idiot lets roaches into a car. Got that is :gheywa:. G/L getting rid of those fuckers.

Dalamar
08-27-2008, 05:37 PM
alright, so home defense didn't kill them, boric acid didn't kill them, nothing i did would get rid of them, i did notice that putting a bug bomb in the car cause the shielding on the wires to melt slightly........unless it was already like that?

anyway sold it to a car dealership (one i don't like) for $1200 more than i paid for it, so.....

PROFIT!!!!

:tehehe::tehehe::tehehe:

oogy-boogy
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
rofl....

abstract
08-27-2008, 10:12 PM
alright, so home defense didn't kill them, boric acid didn't kill them, nothing i did would get rid of them, i did notice that putting a bug bomb in the car cause the shielding on the wires to melt slightly........unless it was already like that?

anyway sold it to a car dealership (one i don't like) for $1200 more than i paid for it, so.....

PROFIT!!!!

:tehehe::tehehe::tehehe:

good shit now bomb your house and the EP3 cause im sure u took some of them bitches home