PDA

View Full Version : Help change bumper signal bulbs

skep18
08-12-2008, 06:09 AM
Hey, ok, so I've had to replace one of side marker/signal light housings since the EP3 I bought didn't have one on it. And that was easy enough. But now I'm looking to change the bulbs on the upper side marker/signal bulbs and am having trouble getting to the bulbs behind the light housing. I taped up a screw driver to remove the housing from the side quarter panel on the car but alas, the housing clip holding it in place broke off... So now I gotta buy one new light and want to avoid buying another. It seems now like I have to take the splash guard off the wheel well to get up into the fender and remove the bulb, becuase it seems about impossible to remove the bulb housing from the fender without breaking something. Can anyone help me out?

Here's a link to Majestic Honda. The item I broke it Item #016. The bulb I'm trying to replace is Item #008. Thanks.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2004&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=HEADLIGHT+%28+04-05%29

skep18
08-12-2008, 07:25 AM
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?p=684679#post684679

Sorry, found it.

Haro287
08-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Not trying to thread jack, but how do you take off #15? Is it as easy as taking off the side markers (#16) Because I dyed the sidemarkers and now they are a deep orange, compared to the more yellow in the other marker (#15) so I want to take it off and dye it too. Any help? Just push and slide?

skep18
08-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Yea, they have that clip on the trunk side of the back of the lights like the upper markers, but unlike the upper markers, these bigger ones have two smaller clips on the top and bottom. They're really pretty small, but they seem to hold on in there pretty tight. But I've found you can just reach up under the bumper and work them out first then you can just reach under and push the clip in and pull the wholle thing out like the smaller markers, after those 4 top and bottom clips are pulled out.

But either way, instead of that one clip that requires you to pinch it to remove the housing, it has 4 immobile small clips that need to be worked out.

..............clip...................clip
......._____n___________n______
....../--------------------------------\
..../----------------------------------\
....l------------light housing------------l <-----big clip
....l------------------------------------l
....\----------------------------------/
......\_________________________/
..............u ........................u

.............clip.......................clip

lol, hope that helps a bit.