PDA

View Full Version : Problem with peeling paint

sblifter
08-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Quick question -

I have a 2004 Si (stock body) and I'm having issues with the paint peeling on the rear spoiler. Again, this is the factory spoiler, factory paint, etc, etc. I have taken great care of the car since I got it (regular washing, waxing, detailing, etc) and this is the only area of the car that is having this issue. It's getting worse and worse and becoming an eye sore.

I have an extended 100,000 mile warranty that I received from Honda due to some lemon-issues I was having with the car a while back. What are my chances of getting the spoiler re-painted? It's really pissing me off...it looks horrible!

I just called my local dealership and am waiting for a call back. Anyone have any input?

sblifter
08-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Nobody?

JDMtunerEP3
08-12-2008, 07:44 PM
I'd say take it and get it resprayed yourself.

I paint and i'd say that you're looking at 50 bucks max for a nice clean job from almost any shop using any material.

sblifter
08-13-2008, 08:29 AM
I'd say take it and get it resprayed yourself.

I paint and i'd say that you're looking at 50 bucks max for a nice clean job from almost any shop using any material.

You think it would be that cheap? I wasn't thinking that low...

If that's the case, then you're right, I might as well just have it done myself...

Do you know of any reputable shops in the South Bay area? (Redondo Beach, Torrance, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes, Hawthorne, etc)

Thanks for the input.

JDMtunerEP3
08-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Nah man i live in Baltimore so i'm not aware of any shops on the west coast.

If it wouldn't be such a pain i'd say send it to me and i'd spray it for ya.

Good luck with it bro!

sblifter
08-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Nah man i live in Baltimore so i'm not aware of any shops on the west coast.

If it wouldn't be such a pain i'd say send it to me and i'd spray it for ya.

Good luck with it bro!

Yeah...I saw that you live on the east coast...I just figured you may have a contact out here or something. Oh well.

Thanks a lot for the input, though. I really didn't think it would have been so inexpensive. In any case, I'll take care of it next week hopefully.

Thanks again!

JDMtunerEP3
08-14-2008, 05:45 PM
NP man!

Hope it turns out sweet!