PDA

View Full Version : Hub question!

27rocks
08-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Ok heres the deal. I have the Rotora BBK and am still with the 4 lug hub. I was wondering if i can just change out the hubs with just the hub assembily?

I dont want to do a full swap if i dont need too. SO id like to be able to use the same stock rear calipers if possible and only change out the hubs.

If your not sure what im talking about its # 7 in the pic

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2005&catcgry3=3DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=FRONT+BRAKE+%28+04-05%29

player757
08-12-2008, 06:42 PM
im not quite sure i understand your problem. do you have a 04 05 ep with 5 lub but your bbk is a 4 lug?

adrian1281
08-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Let me take a stab at it...

You have 4 lug on your car but your Rotora kit is 5 lug so you want to know if you can just swap #7 in the pic to get the 5 lug?

Have you thought about re-drilling the rotor/hat to 4 lug?

Windchaser
08-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Rob, all you need is the hub, hub bearing, hub spacer, the rubber ring, and the press to do the swap. Don't forget about cross drilling your rotors for 5 lug LOL.

27rocks
08-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh sorry guys i was in a hurry when i posted this...

No im 4 lugh right now and have the Rotoras in 4 lug as well. Everything is on the car already (has been for a while). I was just wondering if i was able to just use a 5 lug hub (basicaly just like the one in the pic i was refering to) instead o buying lets say a RSX swap or even a 04-05 swap. I just want to know if i need anything more than that one part to do the swap. Will the rear calipers still bolt up to the 5 lug rotor (im not sure if the 5 lug rotors are larger)? I will have to get new rotors for the front with the 5 lug so i already know that...
All i want to know is what part do i need to complete the swap... im keeping the calipers in the fron and im obviously going to need new 5 lug rotors... as for the rear i want to know if i need the rear caliper as well or will i ba able to just swap the hub and buy 5 lug rotors and use everything else i already have.

I hope this makes sence..

27rocks
08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Rob, all you need is the hub, hub bearing, hub spacer, the rubber ring, and the press to do the swap. Don't forget about cross drilling your rotors for 5 lug LOL.

lol thnaks Jerry... that seems like a lot of unwanted work. I might just buy a swap at this point and just buy new rotors and call it a day. I was just wondering because i didn't want to pay extra for shit i dont need.

Windchaser
08-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Dude, you don't need new rotors. Just drill them to fit the 5lug, but make sure the screws to bolt the rotors in place line up to the hub. All you really need are the hubs and our rear stock calipers are the same as the Type S. Without a press, it is easier to install the entire hub assembly from the Type S up front. However, if you have a press, than the hub should fit perfectly since the bolts from the axle line up anyways.

27rocks
08-12-2008, 08:03 PM
yeah that sounds like fun lol... i would have to take it somewhere to get it pressed and i dont think i can drill with anything i got around here.. i would rather buy new rotors... will need them soon anyways. Not to mention i need wheels and tires for this :mfrown:.. i just want to stock up so im ready one day. I found a decent deal on a swap so i just wanted to know if i can get away with just the hub