PDA

View Full Version : Clutchmasters Flywheel Weight?

D.A.V.E.
08-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Does anybody know the weight of the Clutchmasters flywheel?

Is it worth the extra $100 compared to say the ACT Pro-Lite?

I'm supercharged and think I can deal with a pretty light flywheel.

clutch797
08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Don't do it. You don't want a light flywheel, trust me. I have been boosted on both jrsc and greddy kit and you don't want a light flywheel. Just stick to the stock a3 or a2 flywheel.

D.A.V.E.
08-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Don't do it. You don't want a light flywheel, trust me. I have been boosted on both jrsc and greddy kit and you don't want a light flywheel. Just stick to the stock a3 or a2 flywheel.

:mcry:

Really? Just didn't like the rough engagement?

But the RPMs will rise and fall so fast.

talonXracer
08-13-2008, 07:55 AM
If you want a lightweight fly, go with the ACT StreetLite(11.2lbs) or a DC5R(10.25lbs) fly.

The ultra light weight flywheels(under 9lbs) absolutely suck big raw green donkey dicks for a dailey driver, especially if you get stuck in stop and go driving! They should be considered only if you spend all your time at the strip and you only drive 1320' at a time.

I guarantee you, that you will go thru any clutch in under half it's usual life span with the ProLite weight flywheel if used on the street.

D.A.V.E.
08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm going with the CM Stage 3 clutch and doing the Quaife LSD. I just figured I would go with a RSX-s type flywheel so I have more clutch options in the future.

I like CM, I was hoping their flywheel was 12lb. That should be good. I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to find it.

D.A.V.E.
08-13-2008, 03:45 PM
One post on another forum says 8lbs. That is pretty light.

Based solely on its looks, that seems hard to believe.