PDA

View Full Version : To Rub or Not To Rub

black05ep
08-13-2008, 02:28 PM
ok this may have been covered before.i dont have time to look right now,but i have progress springs and im getn the dspec shocks before i put them on.i also need tires which are goin on my factory 16s.my question is will 215-50-16 or 215-55-16 rub with that drop? i know some ppl are running 205,they they are alot cheaper,but i like to know my tires have the road when im driving.so im still trying to figure what tire size to go with,i dont want any bigger then 215.does any1 kno if i will rub or wut size i should use thats good? also does anyone know how to tell if the tire has the rim protector overhang on them? ive seen the same tire and same size but one has the over hang and the other doesnt.is there something on the tire that tellsyou if it does or not.i like the way it looks on rims without a lip.

MugsyTheGr8
08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
you can try reading this thread for more info
link (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44114)

as to weather or not it has a rim protector, if it really matters that much to you, you can call the dealer and see if they know.

shadowmd
08-13-2008, 05:04 PM
im runnin the same exact setup on stock rims with 215-50-16. no rubs what so ever. no on my ap1 wheels (they now have +27mm offset with the wheel spacers) they do rub even with the ghetto baseball bat fender roll. gettin them professionally rolled soon! but again tho, on ur setup you will NOT rub! :mcool: